Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Louie Watson signs on loan from Luton

Comments

• Options
    Been very impressive.
  • Options
    Did well for sixty minutes then faded. Fitness issue or inexperience or bit of both? 
  • Options
    Did well for sixty minutes then faded. Fitness issue or inexperience or bit of both? 
    Drop him a note on Insta?
  • Options
    First time I've seen him tonight and thought he was excellent. Certainly tired and got cramp, but have to bear in mind he's not long back from injury and didn't have a proper pre season. 
  • Options
    Thought he looked superb. 
    Direct, tricky, but economical with the ball. Very encouraging and a massive upgrade on Morgan, who he may play against on Saturday. 
  • Options
    did ok without being spectacular

I likened him during the game to Ben Reeves - a bit meh, don't think he gets near our starting XI if everyone is fit
    Glad I’m not the only one.
    Same can't say I was actually too impressed either.

I admire so many other posters for being so into the game to notice things I didn't notice or how he tired later on but for me I only really remember him standing out giving the ball away needlessly at least twice and giving fouls away. But then again I only really notice things that stand out on the pitch these days such is the mediocrity usually on offer.

Now the other Watson impressed in the second half when he came on and glad he's the permanent one and not the loanee.

Complete contrast to the Wycombe game, tonight he absolutely ran the game, making things happen, midfielders who look to make things happen always stand out for me and he stood out a lot tonight. Excellent performance.
  • Options
    Has a touch of Gallagher about him. Great performance tonight.
  • Options
    Dobson clearly feeling threatened by the “baller” description. Did I see our captain attempt a Cruyff turn? 

Seriously, Louie was excellent tonight. I was impressed by his CTV interview at the weekend too - been involved in promotion, relegation and administration, so quite a wise head for a 22 year old. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He is very good, he is the type of midfielder we have been missing, reminds me of Joe Aribo, the way he carries the ball, able to pass through tight spaces. Hope it continues, we are better with him in the team at the moment!
  • Options
    Yesterday was a very promising performance for us.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    cafc_se7 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Show's how far we've dropped down the pecking order. Seems like yesterday I was watching Luton play Welling in the conference, now we're taking their bit part players.
    He is the latest in a long line of Luton's cast offs.  Shinnie and Lee spring to mind.
    I have spoken to at least three Luton fans about him and ’cast off’ is definitely not the phrase to use. They wish they had seen him play more and he is still only young. 
    Cast off was probably the wrong word, "a long line of players we have signed that aren't good enough for Luton's first team" would probably have been better.

I do actually think this one not only has the potential to be a multi year loan but also a perm, if Luton use the Premier league money wisley.
    In the Championship next season, Watson might be given a chance by Luton
    I don't know, he will be 23 when next season starts, I think he will have to have a hell of a season to work his way into their plans for next season.  If they don't go straight back up it might be a different story.
    Yeah i don't see him getting much of a look in there unless he has an incredible season.

Luton have bought players probably with one eye on them likely being back in the championship next season. Even if they do go down they'll have earned millions through the PL this season as well as parachute payments, so will be able to go out and buy top level championship players with an aim of going back up.
  • Options
    He was very good last night with quick feet and always looks to play forward and do something positive. But I thought Fraser also did well when he came on. It'll be great to see a battle between them for the shirt. We finally have competition for places in the squad. I didn't feel that was a ridiculous thing to ask for, even in League One. It will push the performance levels up a notch. 
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Was very impressed with him last night. He was my POTM. Takes a bit of pressure off Dobbo 
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    He definitely works best with dobbo very energetic and positive player doesn't mind getting stuck in and can play in tight spaces always looking for a quick pass suits our play well and if we ever go back to a 3 In games would help push Fraser further forward too.
  • Options
    Steven81 said:
    He definitely works best with dobbo very energetic and positive player doesn't mind getting stuck in and can play in tight spaces always looking for a quick pass suits our play well and if we ever go back to a 3 In games would help push Fraser further forward too.
    I agree. I see no reason why the 3 of them couldn't all play together as I think they would all complement each other well. 
  • Options
    Louie is a ball playing midfielder to dovetail with the new Dutch player that made his debut last night George Van Dobson. 

Hopefully Louie Watson can get match fit to play longer and impact the whole game with his talent and not get cramp but with football being a 16 man game over 100+ minutes now, he will get there in time with more games.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looked decent, more matches he plays fitter and sharper he’ll get, compliments Dobson perfectly. 
  • Options
    Not enough games to give a final answer, but he looked much better with Dobson than Taylor did. 
  • Options
    Dobson, Watson, Fraser and Camara are very good midfield options for this level.

If they're all fit at the same time then Appleton has rotation options that most of this division would love to have.
    agreed, just said the same about the strikers on the Tedic thread
  • Options
    Dobson, Watson, Fraser and Camara are very good midfield options for this level.

If they're all fit at the same time then Appleton has rotation options that most of this division would love to have.

Throw in Taylor (not played enough yet to make a call); McGrandles (clearly a better player than we have seen and an ex Appleton player); Anderson (has impressed for his age) and CM looks very strong for us.
  • Options
    I thought he was superb, looked on a different wavelength to his teammates (in a good way)
  • Options

Throw in Taylor (not played enough yet to make a call); McGrandles (clearly a better player than we have seen and an ex Appleton player); Anderson (has impressed for his age) and CM looks very strong for us.
    Get everyone fit, and we look very overstocked in that area, though if Camara is away for AFCON that has to be considered
  • Options

Get everyone fit, and we look very overstocked in that area, though if Camara is away for AFCON that has to be considered
    Taylor, McGrandles and Camera are all injury prone (and Fraser a bit too) so would not worry about that too much. Also Appleton wants to play a high tempo game which will put extra pressure on the midfield to get up and down, which will lead to more absences.
  • Options
    Thought he had a good game.

Exeter sat deep and that meant he saw a lot of the ball as we tried to break them down.

Will be interesting to see how he does against a different type of team, one that attacks more and where he would have to defend more.  It might actually suit him as his passing might benefit from the extra space when we get the ball.

• Options
    No disrespect to Karoy as he's been fantastic and has a very bright future, but what a difference it makes having Watson with Dobbo instead.

His spacing and off the ball work is incredible. Always on the move and looking to intercept or make himself available for the pass and demanding the ball.

Its so refreshing to see a player actually want the ball and to do something with it as we have seen so many bottlers over the years.

When Pan is fit, Pan, Watson, Dobbo and Fraser are very nice midfield options. Anderson and Taylor in the mix too when everyone is fit. 

Got a feeling we are gonna be talking about him in the same manner we do Cullen and Gallagher