Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Louie Watson signs on loan from Luton

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2023
    Is it just me, or does anyone else think he looks like a young Dexter Fletcher like when was in Lock Stock? lol :)

• Options
    Too early to really make comparisons but…
    Bielik Cullen Aribo Pratley- 2019 Final
    Dobson Fraser Camara Watson 
    IMO - could be close call
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:
    Luton-supporting friend of mine says he's highly rated and is surprised he didn't get a Championship loan
    Mine said exactly the same to be fair. Im
    from up this way and three separate season ticket holders for them have said good things!
    You can absolutely understand why Luton fans were talking him up! 
  • Options
    He’s already making a big difference to the midfield, and I think he’ll improve further as he gets fitter. He’s like a cross between Cullen and Gallagher. 👍
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    I'd have Tupac in for Tedic in our first choice XI, but for the first time in forever, last night, with Corey-Blackett, Dobbo, Watson, May, and Tedic, we actually looked like we had a midfield with the quality and the running power to retain and use the ball, plus win it back quickly. It looked balanced. Personally, I don't think Fraser gets in as an automatic starter anymore, and I'm not sure Camara would come straight back in either, but maybe away from home, or against the better sides, we might need to go for more of a 4-3-3 than 4-2-3-1 in which case those other guys come into contention as options for one of the forwards.
  • Options
    Ex-Langley Park School for Boys 

Rugby school.  Let's hope Watson has a longer career than Rory Allen who was the last pro footballer to go there!
  • Options
    edited November 2023

In good company…

Opta Key Passes definition: “The final pass from a player to their teammate who then makes an attempt on Goal without scoring.”
  • Options
    He was quality last night.
  • Options
    He's very consistent, you get almost the same each match. Should be as much of a regular as Dobson is and hopefully now will be.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very good player - should definitely be a starter - hopefully forces fraser into trying to get stronger 
  • Options
    I like him. I think he should be an automatic starter. 
  • Options
    Went down the pan last night, as soon as he went off.
  • Options
    Reminds me of Cullen, should be starting every game when available 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Should be an automatic starter when available. I'd even wonder about being cheeky with Luton in January and see what they'd want to make it permeant. 
    Would be a good idea, but I can't see Luton going for it - they're very likely going back down to the Championship next year, he's a promising young player who they'll probably want to use next season.
  • Options
    If Football Manager is to be believed (and it’s usually fairly accurate with this stuff) his contract is up this summer although Luton have an option to extend. The impression I got from his interview with the SLP I get the impression he’d like to stay but don’t think Luton would let him go cheaply if they’ve effectively got 18 months left on his contract
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Should be an automatic starter when available. I'd even wonder about being cheeky with Luton in January and see what they'd want to make it permeant. 
    Would be a good idea, but I can't see Luton going for it - they're very likely going back down to the Championship next year, he's a promising young player who they'll probably want to use next season.

Yeah it was a bit pie in the sky from me realistically they'll want him if they come down next season. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    MarcusH26 said:

Yeah it was a bit pie in the sky from me realistically they'll want him if they come down next season. 
    I wouldn’t assume they that’ll be the case, they’ll want to use their Prem income to challenge for promotion again. He’d probably go back to being back up if he stays there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    MarcusH26 said:

I wouldn’t assume they that’ll be the case, they’ll want to use their Prem income to challenge for promotion again. He’d probably go back to being back up if he stays there.
    Yes it's a really interesting juxtaposition for him.

Part of me wants them to stay up - and he'll be surplus to requirements and may choose to stay with us where he is settled, getting regular matches and has just been promoted to the Championship
    OR
    Luton get relegated and want to push to go straight back up so spend their parachute payments on players to get them back to the promised land...and Louie ay choose to stay with us where he is settled, getting regular matches and has just been promoted to the Championship

Or he could go back to them and maybe not play not play ...

He's a young and fairly local lad so if we show him some love and he fit in well then he is definitely worth a punt for a low fee.  Hopefully we negotiated a potential clause to purchase at the end of the season if all parties agree

• Options
    wasn't impressed first few games, but is now making himself pretty undropable

not quite in the Cullen/Gallagher category for me just yet, but he's doing very well now
  • Options
    I think, like May, he's someone who'd be really good for us to have around longer term, I hope we have that clause in the loan agreement that @Swisdom mentioned. 
  • Options
    I think, like May, he's someone who'd be really good for us to have around longer term, I hope we have that clause in the loan agreement that @Swisdom mentioned. 
    Especially given that Dobson won’t be here next season 
  • Options
    Especially given that Dobson won’t be here next season 

• Options
    Yep it's no accident Dobson looks really.good again when he's got Watson alongside him - definitely eases the need to try and covet everywhere, as you say.