Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

James Abankwah signs on season long loan from Udinese - gone back (p7)

123457»

Comments

• Options
    Would be more surprised if he does feature tonight as he been nowhere near the squad for ages.

As for playing for the U21s it rarely happens for any "first team" players now, only if they are coming back from an injury and hardly ever even then.

I doubt Udinese want him playing youth football and it maybe a condition of his loan that he doesn't.

His disappearance is another strange story in the saga of our loans.

If only there was a way to ask Andy Scott?

I think you are probably correct on this, although I imagine with most loans there is a clause stating first team games only unless coming back from injury.
    I'll ask Mr Scott the question tomorrow night ;)
  • Options
    Another great signing. Still, presumably he was like the budgie ....
  • Options
    Has to go back in January alongside Chem and hopefully Tedic (Pan too but dependent on where his recovery is at). Some misfortune with injury but in general, poor recruitment. AS has to land a better outcome this upcoming window and the next, if he is still around by then. 
  • Options
    Was out walking the dog over at Avery Hill Park last Saturday before heading over to Gillingham and Abankwah, Kirk, Chem Campbell and Richard Chin were having there own private training session at Sparrows Lane. Surprised to see Chin there, but not the other 3, they must be on there way out in January.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Its all a bit strange with this one , and the other loan signings, L.Watson aside, lack of investment from the owners = panic buys, which havent really worked out, we wonder why we are floundering around in mid table yet again.

I spoke to a Charlton fan at the Cray Valley match at home ,who thought this lad was a good player, he'd seen a bit of him before he came to us,  but shouldn't be played at right back, as it wasn't his natural position.
  • Options
    Anyone know where he was living whilst he stayed here?

Kidbrooke
  • Options
    As always, some early comments on this thread make for amusing reading.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    @Scoham how many loans do we have now?

Camara, L Watson, Bakinson, Ladapo, Fiorini?

Allowed 8 IIRC but only five in the matchday squad at any one time.

So we could get at least one more loans as Camara isn't playing or we could sign one of the loans on a permanent deal (possible after the window closes I believe.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah Henry I make that right on the loan front , I'd expect one more to come in seeing as we will still have a few weeks before having all of them ready and available 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Glowing testimonal on his achievements from the club...
  • Options
    Curious that he didn't officially leave until the 30th January, rather than at the start of the month.
  • Options
    He looked very uncomfortable at right back. Would've been nice to see him at CB but probably best for all parties now.
  • Options
    Will look back at his time at Charlton and reflect ‘what a right load of old sh*t at the circus that was’ or at least that is what he should be thinking/saying. Used out of position before being frozen out. I still have no idea whether James was any good in his natural position? 

Wish the lad well, will probably turn out to be a diamond…
  • Options
    Arrivederci Hawk Naba
  • Options
    Curious that he didn't officially leave until the 30th January, rather than at the start of the month.

He's injured I think. I imagine Udinese thought they would leave us to pick up his wages as long as possible before recalling.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Gone but not forgotten
    Half right...
  • Options
    Legend, hero , leader.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Funny old game the loan business:

Abankwah - a rising star who'd played against Juve no less...but couldn't get a game in our reserves!
    Campbell - good loan spell at our level the season before, versatile, sounded good on paper. Shit on grass though
    Camara - brilliant signing, bossed it for Plymouth a couple of years ago. Oh, hang on, he's been out for a year and only took three games to get injured again. Waste of time!
    Tedic - decent loan spell the season before at a playoff team. He plays for Man City, he must be good. Useless, although only played one or two games in his natural position, so who knows really?

Then Watson who I think looks quite good when he gets the chance but inexplicably frozen out of the team!

• Options
    YTS1978 said:
    Funny old game the loan business:

Abankwah - a rising star who'd played against Juve no less...but couldn't get a game in our reserves!
    Campbell - good loan spell at our level the season before, versatile, sounded good on paper. Shit on grass though
    Camara - brilliant signing, bossed it for Plymouth a couple of years ago. Oh, hang on, he's been out for a year and only took three games to get injured again. Waste of time!
    Tedic - decent loan spell the season before at a playoff team. He plays for Man City, he must be good. Useless, although only played one or two games in his natural position, so who knows really?

Then Watson who I think looks quite good when he gets the chance but inexplicably frozen out of the team!

Tedic was definitely useless
  • Options
    Was out walking the dog over at Avery Hill Park last Saturday before heading over to Gillingham and Abankwah, Kirk, Chem Campbell and Richard Chin were having there own private training session at Sparrows Lane. Surprised to see Chin there, but not the other 3, they must be on there way out in January.
    Bingo!
  • Options
    Paddy7 said:
    He looked very uncomfortable at right back. Would've been nice to see him at CB but probably best for all parties now.
    He struggled with the physicality of playing right back in league 1, I’m quite happy we didn’t see him at CB as it would have been even worse 
  • Options
    edited January 31
    I'm personally gutted he has gone

How are we gonna get the March internationals called off now without him

That was the one thing he was good for
    Thomas - Anderson - Hector - Kanu - Maynard-Brewer can keep that dream alive ;)
  • Options
    I'm personally gutted he has gone

How are we gonna get the March internationals called off now without him

That was the one thing he was good for
    Thomas - Anderson - Hector - Kanu - Maynard-Brewer can keep that dream alive ;)
    With Hector injured and Maynard-brewer not a regular, I wonder if that's why Anderson hasn't gone on loan. 
  • Options
    Did he really get a fair shake?
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    Did he really get a fair shake?
    I did.