Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Michael Appleton - Sacked 23/1/2024 (p105)

Comments

• Options
    Mental night, never seen a team clearly turn on the manager before even going down the tunnel before, never thought I’d celebrate a sacking in the oak either. 
  • Options

Mental night, never seen a team clearly turn on the manager before even going down the tunnel before, never thought I’d celebrate a sacking in the oak either. 
    Hope you haven't drunk it dry

• Options
    What happened exactly at the end?
  • Options
    On a humanity basis i feel sorry for Appleton, for whatever reason he failed and had to go, with other regimes he would have gone sooner.

The problem is he has left us as even more of a nut job club and it is difficult to see nay decent manager wanting to come, whilst we are in the state we are and you cannot see us getting out of this state without a decent manager.  Every time someone mentions a decentish manager, I ask why would they come here and the answer is I don't know.

To attract the right calibre of manager the Club needs a clear realistic achievable strategy and plan and budget that will achieve it both on and off the playing field and then sell it ti decent managers who can pick it uo and run with it.  It maybe that we run this season with an interim playing management team while we set the plan and then go out and sell it to decent managers, to come in in May.  
  • Options
    boggzy said:
    They let him walk down the tunnel by himself and all stayed out on the pitch. I'm not sure if he even went over to them. 
  • Options
    Seen some fans on twitter waited outside the west stand to talk to him after the game but we're moved on by security. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CafcSCP said:
    boggzy said:
    A number of the senior pros including dobbo just stood in the D chatting. 
    They weren’t rushing down the tunnel, so something was obviously up 
    The only explanation is they knew what was coming, so did Appleton, so begs the question why was he even in charge for the game?
    He was clearly told he had to win it to keep his job and that is why we were still trying to win it after the sending off.
    How do you know, you were at the theatre weren’t you? I don’t think their keeper made a save all game, I’d argue we didn’t try nowhere near enough to try and win it.
  • Options
    edited January 24
    I was told we were going for it at the end. Lee Mack was funny anyway.
  • Options
    edited January 24
    supaclive said:
    robroy said:
    If Appleton stays we are in serious danger of going down. 

Have you seen our stats?!? 

Check them out (via Stuart Court on Twitter)

I would also say that even with a change of manager that could easily happen.
    May getting very animated recently may suggest there is disharmony in the camp.
    If that is the case it will be very hard for the next manager to rectify things.
    The club is rotten to the core and I fear this could be the season we play 4th division football.

I think the disharmony is with the manager.
    The managers are a shield of the incompetence from above imo.
    Scott immediately needs to go, the other two once the Yanks have looked elsewhere.
    They could replace Rodwell and Scott with Curbs and Brownie :) Curbs by his own admission has lost touch with what players are out there but he knows how a club like ours should be run better than anybody.
  • Options
    CafcSCP said:
    boggzy said:
    A number of the senior pros including dobbo just stood in the D chatting. 
    They weren’t rushing down the tunnel, so something was obviously up 
    The only explanation is they knew what was coming, so did Appleton, so begs the question why was he even in charge for the game?
    He was clearly told he had to win it to keep his job and that is why we were still trying to win it after the sending off.
    How do you know, you were at the theatre weren’t you? I don’t think their keeper made a save all game, I’d argue we didn’t try nowhere near enough to try and win it.
    Their keeper pulled off a couple of decent (1-2 even worldie) saves. We also had one blocked on the line (by a handball, admittedly hard for the ref to see in real time)

I think the signal was there when TC was brought in to play RWB it was do or die time

But by then the damage had already been done (by starting Jones over Thomas/ignoring Louis Watson entirely/not even having Asiimwe on the bench)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Feel sorry for Appleton.....should not have been placed in that position. Had no luck and had May's goal went in then could be a different story. Would love to see Warnock come in but it won't happen....also think the Americans will pull their money at some stage with these incompetents running the club and we could seriously be in the shit......
  • Options
    wondered where this leaves Fleming so went back and read the piece when he was appointed and noted there was no mention of length of contract.
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    robroy said:
    If Appleton stays we are in serious danger of going down. 

Have you seen our stats?!? 

Check them out (via Stuart Court on Twitter)

I would also say that even with a change of manager that could easily happen.
    May getting very animated recently may suggest there is disharmony in the camp.
    If that is the case it will be very hard for the next manager to rectify things.
    The club is rotten to the core and I fear this could be the season we play 4th division football.

I think the disharmony is with the manager.
    The managers are a shield of the incompetence from above imo.
    Scott immediately needs to go, the other two once the Yanks have looked elsewhere.
    They could replace Rodwell and Scott with Curbs and Brownie :) Curbs by his own admission has lost touch with what players are out there but he knows how a club like ours should be run better than anybody.
    And the manager?
  • Options
    wondered where this leaves Fleming so went back and read the piece when he was appointed and noted there was no mention of length of contract.
    I reckon he was brought in knowing Appleton was getting the elbow.
    Fleming to be interim.
  • Options
    Would have been even more hilarious
    I reckon he was brought in knowing Appleton was getting the elbow.
    Fleming to be interim.

I give him 2 months
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Finally.. makes more embarrassing they allowed him to take this game.. Monday’s press conference was all smoke and mirrors I think.. he was going whatever the result was!
    You should know. What do your chums say ?
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Finally.. makes more embarrassing they allowed him to take this game.. Monday’s press conference was all smoke and mirrors I think.. he was going whatever the result was!
    As I said, it’s all bit confusing and a mess.. got told that Wednesday he will go whatever the result.. wasn’t expecting it straight after the game
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    As I said, it’s all bit confusing and a mess.. got told that Wednesday he will go whatever the result.. wasn’t expecting it straight after the game
    After that performance I was. Terrible football