Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reading deducted 3 points

Comments

• Options
    C_A_F_C said:
    No ifs no buts.
    Only came on here to say this and you beat me to it  :D
  • Options
    That’s how you do it 
  • Options
    Good on them 
    Will you say that if it happens when we’re there next month?
  • Options
    So what’s the FA penalty for that? I’m sure it’s not points, so a fine? Or games behind closed doors?  
  • Options
    So what’s the FA penalty for that? I’m sure it’s not points, so a fine? Or games behind closed doors?  
    Be nice for the Reading fans to put their hands in their pockets and refund any Port Vale fans their travel costs today.
    That was my thought when I heard the match had been abandoned, but of a trek that for the Port Vale fans. 

Will it be awarded as a 3-0 win to Port Vale?
  • Options
    Throwing tennis balls 🎾 onto the pitch? Pah! Bunch of lightweights!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wasn’t the first tennis ball protest against an owner’s/TV company’s choice to move a fixture in favour of a tennis match? I don’t get why other clubs have started doing it when their displeasure has nothing to do with tennis? Football fans in ‘brainless sheep move’ shocker.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Wasn’t the first tennis ball protest against an owner’s/TV company’s choice to move a fixture in favour of a tennis match? I don’t get why other clubs have started doing it when their displeasure has nothing to do with tennis? Football fans in ‘brainless sheep move’ shocker.
    They’re easy to smuggle into grounds.
  • Options
    Better than chucking cricket balls onto the pitch.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Good on them 
    Personally, yes.

It appears the Port Vale fans there yesterday were very supportive.
  • Options
    edited January 14
    JaShea99 said:
    They are cheap, easily available, easy to smuggle in, easy to throw but won't cause any harm if they hit someone.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Good on them 
    Personally, yes.

It appears the Port Vale fans there yesterday were very supportive.
    This report seems to suggest it was initially well supported by PV fans but perhaps not so much the longer it went on. Some Reading fans also not on board with the protests - I think we can recognise that too! 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/jan/13/reading-match-abandoned-as-fans-occupy-pitch-in-protest-against-owner

Overall tone on social media seems to be PV supporters have won a lot of friends in Reading from what I've seen though. 
  • Options
    The EFL will need to take fairly robust action as, if unpunished, it sets a dangerous precedent.
  • Options
    Reading have already had points deductions and are basically relegated now the owner is fire saling off their players. What exactly do they have to lose? 

Imagine the EFL will step in and have games played behind closed doors. 
  • Options
    edited January 14
    How did the Reading clown pass the fit and proper person test?

Fault rest fairly and squarely with the waste of time that is the EFL.  Not fit to run a burger stall let alone the national game!
    Good luck to Reading fans.
    How did  (insert name) pass the fit and proper person test? I thought that when Thaksin bought Man City in 2007. These tests are not fit for purpose.
  • Options

Fault rest fairly and squarely with the waste of time that is the EFL.  Not fit to run a burger stall let alone the national game!
    Why would he have failed the fit and proper person test? He's the very rich owner of a chinese company who clearly had the funds. Although it's obviously gone pear shaped and he doesn't want to put any more money in, he's reportedly invested over 200m into Reading.

3 years ago Reading finished 7th in the championship, so i guess he was a fit and proper person then.
  • Options

Why would he have failed the fit and proper person test? He's the very rich owner of a chinese company who clearly had the funds. Although it's obviously gone pear shaped and he doesn't want to put any more money in, he's reportedly invested over 200m into Reading.

3 years ago Reading finished 7th in the championship, so i guess he was a fit and proper person then.
    No he wasn’t, if he is unfit now he was unfit then, the EFL was asleep at the wheel.
  • Options
    I think some people misunderstand ‘fit and proper’ to mean ‘has good morals’ or ‘has the best interests of the club’ (maybe understandably so). It’s mainly a financial test.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    I think some people misunderstand ‘fit and proper’ to mean ‘has good morals’ or ‘has the best interests of the club’ (maybe understandably so). It’s mainly a financial test.
    "Fit and proper" more or less translates to "has access to enough money."  By which standard Dai Yongge passed then and actually probably still would. As far as I can tell he does still have the funds to run the club, he just doesn't want to.