Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anthony Hayes left the club

can’t find a thread on this. Sad news, as he has done a great job 

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2023
    Is this part of the clean sweep of all senior backroom staff connected to the club, pre SE7?
  • Options
    Very sad 😞
  • Options
    Jealousy?
  • Options
    It seems that some of our staff might have been promoted to senior positions a little too quickly over the TS 'era'. 

Anybody know any background on this? 
  • Options
    Likeable, decent chap and seemed popular with the youth.. thought he came across quite quietly spoken which made me wonder if he was first team coach material.  Hard to know when you can't see his daily impact and contribution. 
    Wish him well. 
    If it allows MA to bring in his own man then it seems a sensible move to me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    By what substantive messure had done a great job?

I mean in the job he most recently held.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    By what substantive messure had done a great job?

I mean in the job he most recently held.
    I meant with the youth 
  • Options
    It's a shame that those promoted from within out themselves in a position whereby they are likely to lose their jobs if the new manager doesn't stay long. In a way I was surprised that Hayes lasted as long as he did, or, more realistically, as many managers as he did!

He's a well-respected coach but probably earned too much money for the club to keep him in the youth set-up.

I wish him well.
  • Options
    An excellent coach where a Senior Management opportunity may just be a couple of years too soon. His promotions through his last 3 positions at the club were achieved in less than 3yrs.

I suspect he will have been known Andy Scott from their respective Brentford roles.

The issue was, i believe, if there was still a clear role for him as a coach with the club having gone out to secure a specific « on the grass » Head Coach with League experience. The O’Donnell recruitment also speaks to someone having already been «in the trenches » while the modified role for the remaining coaching position appears to be a more hybrid player development role within, across and without the club.

I feel sure he will find a more appropriate opportunity will not be too far away. Can but wish the guy well.
  • Options
    I'm not surprised in the slightest. Holden & Senda left and it was only a matter of time before Hayes joined them. He was kept around to keep a familiar face on the staff until the players got used to Apples & co. 
  • Options
    Is this a position that needs to be filled?
  • Options
    I heard this a couple of weeks ago and hoped it wasn’t true.

he’s an excellent coach and us very highly though of in the game.  Our loss will be someone else’s gain
  • Options
    I'm not surprised in the slightest. Holden & Senda left and it was only a matter of time before Hayes joined them. He was kept around to keep a familiar face on the staff until the players got used to Apples & co. 
    Did he work at all with Appleton after he took over? Pearce was the one who helped Appleton initially.
  • Options
    I wish him well and hope he finds new employment soon.

Having said that if it means Appleton can bring in his own people then I have no problem with it.
  • Options
    Q he'll arrive at Wimbledon. Real shame to see him go.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great pity and all the best to him.  

@blackpool72 has it right.   
  • Options
    For that win against Brighton, and the subsequent visit to Old Trafford will forever be grateful.

He came along to Bromley Addicks and seemed a really nice guy, very passionate about our academy, thought it had saved the club millions down the years, got the impression that he didn’t want to be too much in the spotlight and preferred working with academy players, was he pushed out the door?
  • Options
    For that win against Brighton, and the subsequent visit to Old Trafford will forever be grateful.

He came along to Bromley Addicks and seemed a really nice guy, very passionate about our academy, thought it had saved the club millions down the years, got the impression that he didn’t want to be too much in the spotlight and preferred working with academy players, was he pushed out the door?
    I thought "the club" said they wanted him to stay in some capacity, would have thought going back to working in the academy would have been the ideal situation surely. That's two we've lost from the academy after being "promoted" to the senior coaching team. Let's hope we're not throwing the babies out with the bath water.
  • Options
    Great lad and a real shame that we couldn’t find a way to keep him involved.  Had a good chat with him at the training session in Malaga and then a slightly inebriated one with him and Glyn in O’Grady’s Bar in Puerto Banus. Dean stood, just, at the bar and made the lads leave when he realised we were Charlton fans 😂

Wish Haysey all the very best and I’m sure he’ll not be out of work for long. 
  • Options
    Wish him well, seemed to get chucked in the deep end a few times and held his own - never got the full chance. 

Good luck for the future matey.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    It seems that some of our staff might have been promoted to senior positions a little too quickly over the TS 'era'. 

It was the cheap option for TS.
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    mendonca said:

It was the cheap option for TS.
    That is so much nearer the truth than the coaching pathways Roddy was on about when he joined the club