Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

++Tyreeq Bakinson joins on loan for rest of season.++

Comments

• Options
    In their promotion season last year, from Boxing Day he started just 3 of their 26 league and play off games, came on as a 2nd half sub in 9 games, unused sub in 10 games and didn’t make the squad in 4 (inc. play off final)
     Consider me whelmed.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Nobody has a nice word to say about him.
    Decent enough score in scrabble if you get certain letters in the right place and you're not pressurised to find the U to deal with the Q , so all things considered , I'm happy with the signing
  • Options
    Good signing big midfielder 
    With plenty of physical strength welcome Tyreeq 

• Options
    There is no way this guy has signed to start! 

“Lots of energy” you’ll tend to have that when running around without getting involved much!!

He’s the midfield version of Terrel Thomas but Terrel has better ball mastery! Dobson, Watson, Campbell, McGrandles & Fraser all produce more with the ball. Dobson, Anderson & McGrandles all disrupt the game better without it. 

I’m a glass half full most of the time but I’m struggling to find a positive angle…other than he’s signed as Dobbo’s number 2.
    So you must have seen him play a lot then?
  • Options
    If he’s half decent, why is he coming to us?

Its more bullshit
  • Options
    The reality is that we're stuck with Appleton, so let's give him the lummoxes he wants for now. If it works we can mutter to ourselves about the standard of football and if it doesn't it'll speed up his departure. At the very least it's a midfielder who isn't Fraser, and there's literally no way Bakinson can do worse than Fraser's current form.
    Now that's a hostage to fortune if ever I saw one... :)
    Personally, I can't remember the slightest thing about him, so I'm in the wait and see camp, but agree with the concern that it's yet another loan.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    There is no way this guy has signed to start! 

“Lots of energy” you’ll tend to have that when running around without getting involved much!!

He’s the midfield version of Terrel Thomas but Terrel has better ball mastery! Dobson, Watson, Campbell, McGrandles & Fraser all produce more with the ball. Dobson, Anderson & McGrandles all disrupt the game better without it. 

I’m a glass half full most of the time but I’m struggling to find a positive angle…other than he’s signed as Dobbo’s number 2.
    So you must have seen him play a lot then?
    A decent amount of times. Mostly from last season and few times this season, admittedly this season not in as much detail as last. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Without knowing anything about him, my starting assumption is we’ve signed a younger Darren Pratley 
    Without knowing anything about him, my starting assumption from the comments I've read is that we've signed a younger, fitter, better looking @AFKABartram. I also believe he is slightly taller, just slightly.
  • Options
    All these January signings on loan are just a roll of the dice, some work out, most don’t. Just have to hope we get lucky with the two fellas we signed today. Either way good to see Kirk and Bobic have gone
  • Options
    Well Nigel Pearson definitely wasn't a fan at Bristol City and Danny Rohl at Sheff Wed has let him go but Kieran McKenna at Ipswich like him. Is I guess he's more of a L1 player than Championship.
    It's hard to distinguish between his good reviews and not so good ones, it seems like when he's good he really is good and mostly plays as a holding or defensive midfielder. 
    He's out of contract in the summer and in that context is playing for his next gig so I imagine we'll get his best efforts.
    I'm glass half full about him and think he'll be good for the squad.
    Yeah I just learned about the out of contract in the summer and that makes this make more sense for me. If we like him we try to keep him, if not, not. But it seems he won't be going back to Wednesday.

We'll see
  • Options
    Happy with this one, he's actually pretty good. 
  • Options
    If he stops teams running directly through the middle of us then I don't care if he can't actually kick a ball that's not already got a shin attached to it. He's been part of more successful League One promotions in the last two years than the rest of our clowns so I'll take that experience. Sounds like Appleton sees him as an option as a box to box but if Bakinson actually knows something about positioning I'd be happy for him to sit and Dobson to be allowed to go AWOL further up the pitch and win it back higher.
    The reality is that we're stuck with Appleton, so let's give him the lummoxes he wants for now. If it works we can mutter to ourselves about the standard of football and if it doesn't it'll speed up his departure. At the very least it's a midfielder who isn't Fraser, and there's literally no way Bakinson can do worse than Fraser's current form.
    I’m pretty useless at football and I wouldn’t be that much worse than Fraser at the moment. 
  • Options
    Good luck Tyreeq, hope this is the signing we need.
  • Options
    At 6' 3" I am assuming he wins more than his fair share of headers (nothing for granted in a Charlton shirt) and is a defensive midfielder, so even if we used him for the last 10 mins of games he might be worth his stay. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Two years ago, Ipswich Town were going nowhere in mid table. They had problems in the middle of the park. Players like Scott Fraser weren’t providing energy and they regularly left Sam Morsy trying to win the midfield battle on his own. Sound familiar?

The day they signed Tyreeq Bakinson on loan from a Championship club they sat eight points off the playoffs and eleven points off the relegation zone, having played a game more than both those teams. 

They didn’t make the playoffs that season, but they did solve some of the midfield issues that plagued them.

Between Bakinson’s arrival and the end of the season,  Ipswich’s ppg increased from 1.34 to 1.75 and they lost only three games after the January window closed. Bakinson was a big contributor, he played 17 of 20 and started 14 of 20. 

Ipswich opted not to take up the option to buy that summer as they moved on to better options for their push for automatics the following season.

He sounds like a limited footballer built in the Darren Pratley mold and he may well not be the long term solution. But if he’s what we need in the middle of the park for six months to arrest the malaise and help others around him play better, improving the team as a whole then I’m all for it. 
    A very good relevant stat
    Thanks Callum
    The most positive thing I have read
    He's not for the future based on that and it goes against Scott's comments
    However maybe they realise relegation is more of a possibility than they let on

• Options
    edited January 6
    The type of player we desperately need. Not seen much of him though, fingers crossed
  • Options
    edited January 6
    Two years ago, Ipswich Town were going nowhere in mid table. They had problems in the middle of the park. Players like Scott Fraser weren’t providing energy and they regularly left Sam Morsy trying to win the midfield battle on his own. Sound familiar?

The day they signed Tyreeq Bakinson on loan from a Championship club they sat eight points off the playoffs and eleven points off the relegation zone, having played a game more than both those teams. 

They didn’t make the playoffs that season, but they did solve some of the midfield issues that plagued them.

Between Bakinson’s arrival and the end of the season,  Ipswich’s ppg increased from 1.34 to 1.75 and they lost only three games after the January window closed. Bakinson was a big contributor, he played 17 of 20 and started 14 of 20. 

Ipswich opted not to take up the option to buy that summer as they moved on to better options for their push for automatics the following season.

He sounds like a limited footballer built in the Darren Pratley mold and he may well not be the long term solution. But if he’s what we need in the middle of the park for six months to arrest the malaise and help others around him play better, improving the team as a whole then I’m all for it. 
    That upturn in form was also around the same time they stopped starting Macauley Bonne. 

But team stats really aren't much use as markers for individual performance. There are 21 other players on the pitch, 4 officials and 2 managers all influencing the game.
  • Options
    Thank you for some common sense Grapevine.
  • Options
    Just realised he’s the 5th former Ipswich player (or signed from them) from the last few years.

Fraser
    Bonne
    Penney
    Camara
    Bakinson

Have I missed anyone?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Just realised he’s the 5th former Ipswich player (or signed from them) from the last few years.

Fraser
    Bonne
    Penney
    Camara
    Bakinson

Have I missed anyone?
    They're getting us back for when we've pinched Holland - D.Bent - Hreidarsson 
    And Ray Crawford for you youngsters although to be fair I think we were his last pay cheque😉