Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Macauley Gillesphey signs from Plymouth for an undisclosed fee

Comments

• Options
    How long is the loan?
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    How long is the loan?
    What?
  • Options
    It just doesn't feel the same without Thomas Sandgaard giving us a gloriously scripted quote in the announcement.

Looks like another good signing though. It's been a good day.
  • Options
    Now for the rest!
  • Options
    edited January 12
    35 appearances last season , 40 the season before ,just 4 this season 
    fingers crossed he’s decent enough but his first name scares me 
    C'est si BON(NE) ....

Pas de souci ! 
  • Options
    My Plymouth mate says the following;

very solid defender, mostly plays on the left centre or, in emergency, at left back. Think Championship maybe a bit beyond him but very good for us last season.

• Options
    Welcome Gillesphreycalifragilisticexpialidocious as some of us on here may end up calling you in the coming months as we spell your name wrong numerous times 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    _MrDick said:
    35 appearances last season , 40 the season before ,just 4 this season 
    fingers crossed he’s decent enough but his first name scares me 
    Second name scares me
    Has he got a lisp
    First name scares me … Macaulay 😬
    Tres Bonne...🤔
  • Options
    Did Macaulay turn up alone?🤭
  • Options
    Let's hope he's not the new Cory Gibbs.
    Hmmn … What have you heard 🤔
  • Options
    Looks like another very good signing . The leap in quality already from last seasons January window is massive  and the new owners should take a lot of credit.
  • Options
    "Return of the Mac, but not the shit one!" Has got to be his song. Welcome. 
  • Options
    My Plymouth mate says the following;

very solid defender, mostly plays on the left centre or, in emergency, at left back. Think Championship maybe a bit beyond him but very good for us last season.

I’d echo that - I saw him on the left-hand side of a back three at Hull City and he got hauled off early in the second half after being torn to shreds by Jaden Philogene. As said before, appearances suggest he’s a useful player when challenging for promotion at this level.
  • Options
    edited January 13
    cabbles said:
    Welcome Gillesphreycalifragilisticexpialidocious as some of us on here may end up calling you in the coming months as we spell your name wrong numerous times 
    There's already a song for him but might need the words up on the big screen.

From Fanny's childhood : 

" Gilly Gilly Osenfeffer Katzenellenbogen by the Sea" by the much loved Max Bygraves 

( Ask your Nans....)
    Blimey Fanny!  Now you've done it... :)  'There's a tiny house....'
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    The deal is subject to EFL approval it says.
    “Charlton want to sign a good player?  Sod that.”

REJECTED
  • Options
    So, how do we pronounce his surname  ?
    Is it like Gillespie ?  

I wish we could sign a few Matt Smith's. Makes life easier. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    redbuttle said:
    Where have all the moaners gone?
    Dear oh dear so we've signed 2 perms & all of a sudden everything is rosy ? Instead of calling fellow supporters out why not wait & see what happens. Ok we've signed Coventry who I know nothing about but if we flog Dobbo aren't we back in the same position ? We have another injured loan from Man City & the guy from the bottom three wendies who can't get in their first team & a CB from Plymouth who allegedly failed his first fitness test.
    Maybe the moaners are waiting to see how things turn out.
    Maybe the moaners are hoping for another reason to moan.
  • Options
    On paper it looks a really good signing - tall, left footed, apparently decent on the ball, and with a good record at this level.

Hope he's fit amd stays fit!
  • Options
    edited January 13
    And he doesn't appear to have a history of making silly errors. Fantastic news.

While our midfield has been weak and ball retention up front poor, the fact we have had to go out and sign a new first choice centre-back is also very telling. 

I think this could prove to be a very good upgrade. And I'm excited to see how much stronger Jones is going to look when he's defending on his natural side.