Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Macauley Gillesphey signs from Plymouth for an undisclosed fee

Comments

• Options
    Redhenry said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Scoham said:
    Chunes said:
    And he doesn't appear to have a history of making silly errors. Fantastic news.

While our midfield has been weak and ball retention up front poor, the fact we have had to go out and sign a new first choice centre-back is also very telling. 

I think this could prove to be a very good upgrade. And I'm excited to see how much stronger Jones is going to look when he's defending on his natural side
    Leuth bait
    Tbf on current form I’d play Hec alongside Gillesphrey. 
    That aged well
    Kiss of death. 
  • Options
    Slightly concerned this could be a signing like Gary Doherty after he was part of the Norwich team who got promoted before signing for us. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Couple of howlers which led to a goal, but was pretty good otherwise 
    That unfortunately describes almost every CB we have. 
  • Options
    Another waste of space. Clubs must see us coming a mile off! "Cost us the game, but other than that - he was great!" Laughable. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Couple of howlers which led to a goal, but was pretty good otherwise 
    Summing up why we can never keep clean sheets
  • Options
    Halfwit donkey 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    Halfwit donkey 
    The usual trenchant insight I see 
  • Options
    He is settling in had a very good game .. yes he made an error but like Jones it’s they he responded to it and he was excellent .. think that was our best defensive display for a long time .. Dont think Derby had a shot in anger the whole game , the boys worked so hard today 
  • Options
    Not impressed so far we need to give him a chance but at least twice today with a player running at him he kept backing off and backing off and just ran away from the player allowing a shot

i was reading when he joined he was meant to be really dominant in the air
    im yet to see it he isnt even that big/strong
  • Options
    edited February 3
    He is settling in had a very good game .. yes he made an error but like Jones it’s they he responded to it and he was excellent .. think that was our best defensive display for a long time .. Dont think Derby had a shot in anger the whole game , the boys worked so hard today 
    I agree that we actually defended a lot better as a whole today. Really it should have been our first clean sheet in forever and a 0-0. BUT we shot ourselves in the foot again, which we simply must stop doing. It makes the rest of the performance meaningless. 

Honestly, when was the last match where we didn’t have at least one absolute howler? Even if that howler didn’t actually result in a goal? It feels like months and we were prone to them even when results were better. 

You’ll never cut our 100% of errors, but until we drastically reduce the amount of times we do things like Gillesphey did today (twice) and Jones did last week then it will continue to undermine anything good we do. We have to be harder to beat. 
  • Options
    edited February 3
  • Options
    An unimpressive start to his Charlton career so far.  Is he Matt Penny in disguise?
  • Options
    edited February 3
    Cambridge winner was his fault as well when he headed back into danger rather than out for a throw in stoppage. Another one of the 'luxury' defenders who can't do their basic fucking job of not gifting away goals

Edit: Northampton 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Cambridge winner was his fault as well when he headed back into danger rather than out for a throw in stoppage. Another one of the 'luxury' defenders who can't do their basic fucking job of not gifting away goals
    He didn't play for us when we played cambridge
  • Options
    Not impressed so far we need to give him a chance but at least twice today with a player running at him he kept backing off and backing off and just ran away from the player allowing a shot

i was reading when he joined he was meant to be really dominant in the air
    im yet to see it he isnt even that big/strong
    Didn’t see it that way the mistake was horrific end of. But I thought his distribution was a marked improvement on previous players. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:
    He didn't play for us when we played cambridge
    Sorry meant Northampton 
  • Options
    Thought he was our best defender on the day personally. Ironically we looked a lot more fragile in general after he went off.

A lot of our best attacking moves started from a Gillesphey dribble and/or pass. And one moment of madness aside, his calmness on the ball was missing after he went off.
    Ness and Thomas were both better than him. Looks very suspect so far. 
  • Options
    The problem is like so many of our defenders this season, if you play brilliant for 89 minutes but then do something like that then the other 89 minutes are irrelevant. 
  • Options
    edited February 3
    ValleyBen said:
    The problem is like so many of our defenders this season, if you play brilliant for 89 minutes but then do something like that then the other 89 minutes are irrelevant. 
    It's happened so often that it almost seems normal. But it isn't, far from it. 
  • Options
    Let's call a spade a spade here. He was having a regi blinker and got pulled. 
  • Options
    Another player getting match fitness in the first team. He looks off the pace and is usually blowing out of his arse very early in the second half (if he makes it that far).

Won't write him off as at times he looks comfortable on the ball and reasonably composed, not sure he is the leader we were led to believe he is.
  • Options
    Looks pants, weak, slow. Can do as many long balls as he likes, we don't have the physicality up top to make it count. Was a huge part of why we conceded so another defender who is apparently really good but can't do what we actually need him to do. Not like we don't already have enough of those.

If he was as good as made out to be, he'd still be at Plymouth, at least as a bench option.
  • Options
    He seemed weirdly reluctant to play it back to AMB.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    He seemed weirdly reluctant to play it back to AMB.
    Yes, I noticed that throughout the game.