Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kayne Ramsay signs from Harrogate - 3.5 year deal, undisclosed fee, subject to EFL approval

edited February 1 in General Charlton
23 year old right back / RWB

Comments

• Options
    edited February 1
    Never heard of him but the fact he seemed to be in some current team of the year for league two is promising, the sort of player you want to be signing and RB/RWB was a matter of urgency need having watched our defence this season. Sounds a hopefully decent signing.
  • Options
    edited February 1
    Can't say I know much about him. Played in the Prem for Soton when he was 18, which was five years ago, but means there was at least promise there at one point. We have needed FB cover since before we switched to wingbacks, and now we need it even more.

Hopefully this means Asiimwe can go out on loan but I doubt it given how late we've left it.
  • Options
    Wowza what a deadline day signing. I'm stoked. 
  • Options
    Good luck Kayne, ypu'll need it.  BTW who are you?
  • Options
    Never heard of him but we need better wing backs on both sides, let’s hope he’s up to it or we’ll be needing to get rid of 2 of the right wing backs in the summer before bringing another in. 
  • Options
    edited February 1
    Official announcement delayed because…

a) He’ll be part of a double signing to announcement a bit later

or

b) We are waiting for Nathan Jones to turn up to take a photo of the pair shaking hands

or 

c) The comms team have simply gone to the pub!
  • Options
    It's a position we needed.  

Reports from his current club are good, and he's young.

He was cheap.

All positive hopefully.

Time will tell obviously!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 1
    Just what we need. Household name & bags of experience 🤔 just what is needed to get me down there on Sat. 

At least (it seems) he's been playing regularly. 
  • Options
    Hope he's better than our last few right back signings we've made 
  • Options
    A mate shared the link below earlier. Palace have basically had 3 right backs in 15 years. We must be in triple figures in that time.

https://www.tiktok.com/@talkcrystalpalace/video/7323200607613963552?_r=1&_t=8jWadrnfpA1&social_sharing=1

Let’s hope this is one who will last longer than most of them for the right reasons.
  • Options
    Be interesting to see how he does... I've heard he could be right up our Street from my Neighbours
  • Options
    Ramsey was due to be out of contract end of this season.

I guess the rumoured 'only' £100k transfer fee reflects that his contract was running down. 

• Options
    Could be great, could be another Kirk, I will judge him by what he does in a Charlton shirt, hopefully he keeps CBT out of the match on Saturday since his fitness should not be a problem. 
  • Options
    Any chance that we agreed to a friendly at their place? Good to tick it off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Glad about this. Was by far the most pressing issue 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    A mate shared the link below earlier. Palace have basically had 3 right backs in 15 years. We must be in triple figures in that time.

https://www.tiktok.com/@talkcrystalpalace/video/7323200607613963552?_r=1&_t=8jWadrnfpA1&social_sharing=1

Let’s hope this is one who will last longer than most of them for the right reasons.
    Assuming Ramsay gets a game we'll have had three RBs THIS SEASON. 

At least I get the joy of learning new names and seeing what they're rated on FIFA before we start shipping loads of goals.
  • Options
    It’s on the OS now - confirmed
  • Options
    The Sulphurites, never heard that before.
  • Options
    edited February 1
    As it happens, saw him play up here against Wimbledon in October. Can't for the life of me remember if good or not. First and only game I've been to at Harrogate, as an old mate and Wombles supporter was visiting. Wished I'd taken some notice, but what I can say is it was a tight game and only won by a worldie strike by Wimbledon. No obvious blunders defensively in the manner of our calamitous defense.