Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    If true it might perhaps  have bee  better they  drew with PV the other week. 
  • Options
    that's what waiting for a points deduction looks like during in-play action..

• Options
    The Reading Chronicle is the original source cited in the twitter link;

https://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/sport/24146514.reading-fc-set-fresh-points-deduction-hmrc-issue/
  • Options
    chev said:
    So he hasn't paid an amount due since August, and probably has no intention of paying.

As a result of not paying the money he probably has no intention of paying, he's been given a £100k fine. If he doesn't pay the fine given for not paying the money he has no intention of paying he gets another £100k fine, and if he doesn't pay that he gets another £100k fine. 

The EFL are seriously clueless. What are they going to do after that if he doesn't pay? Give him another 100k fine?
  • Options
    Now 2 points ahead of us having played a game more. Really do feel for their fans. Regardless of what is going on in the table, I am relieved that we seem to now have investors who conduct their business and finances appropriately. Reading take a step forward and are then rocked back on their heels..
    we got three games coming up where as they have only got 1 and its against Carlisle. so in a just over a weeks time they will have a game in hand on us.  
  • Options
    Now 2 points ahead of us having played a game more. Really do feel for their fans. Regardless of what is going on in the table, I am relieved that we seem to now have investors who conduct their business and finances appropriately. Reading take a step forward and are then rocked back on their heels..
    we got three games coming up where as they have only got 1 and its against Carlisle. so in a just over a weeks time they will have a game in hand on us.  
    By which time we will have another 9 points (or maybe 6)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    chev said:
    So he hasn't paid an amount due since August, and probably has no intention of paying.

As a result of not paying the money he probably has no intention of paying, he's been given a £100k fine. If he doesn't pay the fine given for not paying the money he has no intention of paying he gets another £100k fine, and if he doesn't pay that he gets another £100k fine. 

The EFL are seriously clueless. What are they going to do after that if he doesn't pay? Give him another 100k fine?
    The EFL tried to have him disqualified from football for 12 months but an independent disciplinary committee rejected it. Unless the non-payment of these fines and failing to deposit the wages are subject to criminal proceedings and can be pursued in court, I’m not sure what other option they've got.
  • Options
    The basketcase club still managed to beat us. I thought pay was meant to be a motivator ;-)
  • Options
    "I'm not paying a penny more"

"We'll fine you for that"

"And I won't pay that"

"So we'll fine you again"

"And if I don't pay that fine or the original fine, or the original sum of the wage bill?"

"We'll fine you again"

Fucking clueless, if I don't pay the bills on my house it gets repossessed, maybe there should be a way clubs can be defaulted and become property of The Football League? Drastic I know but I fail to see any other way clubs can be saved from this type of thing 
  • Options
    I thought not paying HMRC could result in a custodial penalty?    Or does that not apply to directors of Ltd companies?     I’m PAYE, so limited knowledge on this stuff.  
  • Options
    edited February 27
    sam3110 said:

"And I won't pay that"

"And if I don't pay that fine or the original fine, or the original sum of the wage bill?"

"We'll fine you again"

Fucking clueless, if I don't pay the bills on my house it gets repossessed, maybe there should be a way clubs can be defaulted and become property of The Football League? Drastic I know but I fail to see any other way clubs can be saved from this type of thing 

So the football league can pick up a loss making entity? Why would they want to do that, it really would be clueless. In the last few years owners would have loved them Reading, Derby, Charlton (RD even asked) etc.  then when they can't find another owner it is the Football League that closes down the club.  Imagine the uproar.
    The EFL are a bit crap but you can't blame them for everything.
  • Options
    I'm all for points deductions. Yes, it hits the fans & not the owner but in this case Reading fans might start going down the route we did & hounding out the owner. If they get another points deduction they really could get relegated & so they might start taking more drastic action than just throwing pigs onto the pitch. I appreciate that Dia might live thousands of miles away but I'm sure their are others (CEO etc) that are closer to home.

In fact, point deductions are the only real weapon the EFL has. 
  • Options
    it is still very wrong and makes a mockery of match results and league tables .. STOP IT "!!
    More so than cheating?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

"And I won't pay that"

"We'll fine you again"

Your house won't get repossessed if you don't pay your bills (except the mortgage).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Give them a few more so they can't catch us please EFL. Never liked Reading since I went away and watched us get trounced in one of Les Reeds game back in the PL 
  • Options
    Lets hope for another late payment and another 2 points deducted.
  • Options
    Lets hope for another late payment and another 2 points deducted.
    We do not need other clubs to suffer, just us to start winning, erm perhaps your right 😁
  • Options
    Didn’t mind Reading before the game earlier this month. Thought there are loads of scummy fans looking for trouble. 

Sod them I say, hope they go down
  • Options
    Why not simply relegation if you break the rules regardless of scale of debts involved?
  • Options
    Their owner has sold their training ground, which cost him £50m, to Wycombe Wanderers.

Not sure what the price was but guess it was a bit cheaper than that.

Thank Darwin Charlton own Sparrows Lane.
  • Options
    edited March 14
    "A group led by former Charlton Athletic director Leo Rifkind has now walked away from takeover talks in dismay at the decision to sell Bearwood Park."

Reading playing Cambridge this weekend is a big game for them, after that their run in is not simple and with the owner seemingly intent on destroying the club and any morale in the players they are still a relegation contender.

Have they any decent players left I wonder? It is possible to buy outside the window.
  • Options
    all this deducting and then reinstating points during the season is ridiculous .. IF a club is to be punished make it for the following season and make it a penalty that will REALLY hurt .. points should be won and lost on the field and NOT decided by a bunch of faceless bean counters  .. In this case even though Reading's 'misfortune' might help our fight against relegation, it is still very wrong and makes a mockery of match results and league tables .. STOP IT "!!
    Totally disagree with this.  You can't fine a club with no money so deducting points is the way to go.  Do it now so everybody knows where they stand.
  • Options
    "A group led by former Charlton Athletic director Leo Rifkind has now walked away from takeover talks in dismay at the decision to sell Bearwood Park."

Reading playing Cambridge this weekend is a big game for them, after that their run in is not simple and with the owner seemingly intent on destroying the club and any morale in the players they are still a relegation contender.

Have they any decent players left I wonder? It is possible to buy outside the window.

Any deals now would be a precontract for July. 

Also didn't expect to ever see Rifkinds name again linked to a takeover.