Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Josh Edwards signs on a 4 year deal

Comments

• edited August 18
    That picture looks like a textbook sprain. Doesn’t rule out something worse but as bad as that looks I’m encouraged that it’s only perhaps six weeks out. Fingers crossed.
    I presumed that picture was of Pelling's injury?
  • Yeah sorry that’s mine! 😂
  • Did a very similar thing to my ankle playing football. A grade 2 tear. Was agony for a couple of days but healed surprisingly quickly. Could run fairly normally about 3/4 weeks later. Hopefully Edwards is similar or better 🤞🏼
    Your socks are too tight mate
    He’s probably feeling crepe enough, without you telling him that.
  • Clare went to injure his ankle, nowhere near the ball .. definite RED
    He went to get the ball, and was fractionally late. A definite foul, it should have been a red, but Clare didn't deliberately attempt to injure Edwards.
    That's how it looked on first viewing on Charlton TV, and for that reason I can't really criticise the ref, who has to make a split-second decision (even if overall he was poor). But when Brownie had a chance to look at the replays he started to see it differently. He said Clare could have gone in 50:50 but hesitated and it was 30:70. He didn't use the word but the implication was clear. Cowardly tackle.

and this is why VAR is needed, even if in England we make it needlessly cumbersome. Among other things VAR allows the ref and others the time to confirm a player is really injured, as opposed to acting up. They have a chance to say OK, how did that injury happen exactly, I'm looking for that in the replay - like we are doing here, trying to assess from grainy stills where the impact was. 

At the end of the day, if a player has to go off and cannot walk off, after a tackle already deemed as a foul, it has to be a red otherwise justice isn't served.

And now I'm thinking of Naby Sarr being sent off by that twat Trevor Kettle in the first minute. This was much worse.
    What strikes me as poor refereeing is that the referee did not consult the linesman who was in a far better position to see the approach of Clare before the tackle. 

• edited August 18
    sm said:
    Clare went to injure his ankle, nowhere near the ball .. definite RED
    He went to get the ball, and was fractionally late. A definite foul, it should have been a red, but Clare didn't deliberately attempt to injure Edwards.
    That's how it looked on first viewing on Charlton TV, and for that reason I can't really criticise the ref, who has to make a split-second decision (even if overall he was poor). But when Brownie had a chance to look at the replays he started to see it differently. He said Clare could have gone in 50:50 but hesitated and it was 30:70. He didn't use the word but the implication was clear. Cowardly tackle.

and this is why VAR is needed, even if in England we make it needlessly cumbersome. Among other things VAR allows the ref and others the time to confirm a player is really injured, as opposed to acting up. They have a chance to say OK, how did that injury happen exactly, I'm looking for that in the replay - like we are doing here, trying to assess from grainy stills where the impact was. 

At the end of the day, if a player has to go off and cannot walk off, after a tackle already deemed as a foul, it has to be a red otherwise justice isn't served.

And now I'm thinking of Naby Sarr being sent off by that twat Trevor Kettle in the first minute. This was much worse.
    What strikes me as poor refereeing is that the referee did not consult the linesman who was in a far better position to see the approach of Clare before the tackle. 

Well yes, although I am not sure wheter nowadays they are not all wired up together, including the 4th official, so we might not see physicsl signs of such consultation. Actually I don’t know why the decision-making and consultation system should be kept hidden  from us. We previously discussed on here what the exact role of the 4th official is and even qualified refs were unsure. 
  • Sponsored links:

• sm said:

Spot on sm.👍
  • I played semi pro , I've had that same tackle on me , fortunately I didn't break anything,  tall and bendy me ,   hopefully same news with Josh , speedy recovery Mr Edwards 
  • Fingers crossed Josh will be OK. Assume he's going for scans today or do they need to leave it a few days for the swelling to go down?
  • sm said:

Well yes, although I am not sure wheter nowadays they are not all wired up together, including the 4th official, so we might not see physicsl signs of such consultation. Actually I don’t know why the decision-making and consultation system should be kept hidden  from us. We previously discussed on here what the exact role of the 4th official is and even qualified refs were unsure. 
    Yes, I have friend who's an assistant ref in L1/L2, they are all wired up, including the 4th official and they are talking all the time throughout the game. He said it's constant and a big reason he doesn't hear comments from the crowd as much as he used to. They might get to a ground at midday for a 3pm kick-off because they have to set-up and test the comms equipment. 
  • Sam_777 said:
    @Sage Would the fact he was around the dugout in a boot rule out a broken ankle i assume? 
    There is no break, he was able to stand up and put his weight on the foot/ankle once they got him back to the medical room, albeit the ankle was heavily swollen.
    Unfortunately, being able to walk on it doesn't mean there's not a break, albeit it's probably not a major one. I managed to walk halfway down Box Hill and the quarter mile back to where we'd parked the car with a broken bone in my foot. And I wasn't the hard bastard that Edwards appears to be.
  • I walked around for a week on a broken tibia.

and worth nothing for those that are praying for a break not ligaments… the break healed after 6 weeks in a cast and I was back playing football pretty much straight after. I separately did the ankle ligaments with no break and that was A LOT longer

• Sponsored links:

• killerandflash said:

These ankles are a fantastic replacement for the "Whose rack" thread!
    Whatever floats your boat mate. 
  • Given that NJ doesn’t like to divulge information relating to injuries we’ll probably have no idea as to the extend of Edwards injury. 
  • So is this where we apply for a CL foot fetish Onlyfans? 
  • Stuart Pearce tried to run off a broken leg
  • I'm sure Johnny Robinson took his pen at Wembley with a fracture, they found out after the game. 
  • Sage said:
    If you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em! :lol:
    I'm thinking we should start an ankle based OnlyFans. Seems unfair that the Lifers are getting this quality content for free!
    Go ahead mate, there’s some proper weird and creepy people out there that would pay stupid money for pictures of people’s feet and ankles 🤣
  • Can I play…?