Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Europe's Top 50 Leagues Compared

edited September 2011 in General Charlton
Statistical analysis of Europe's Top 50 Football Leagues by total attendance figures.

Includes figues on UEFA Rankings, Major European Titles won, Average
Goals per Game, Home & Away win percentages, Average player's ages,
percentage of Foreign Players, Average & Total Attendances, Matchday
Population percentage and Stadium capacities and more.

Did you know that as a percentage of the population, over twice as many
Scots regularly attend SPL matches than the English attend Premier
League games?

European Football League Statistics

Comments

• Options
    Championship has more fans than Serie A and Ligue 1 which is impressive.

Wonder where League One would be on that list
  • Options
    I'm not sure how reliable some of these statistics are. Here in Hungary gates are frequently rounded up (for publicity reasons) or rounded down (for tax purposes). As a result the crowds you get in your newspaper tend to be along the lines of 1000 or 2000, or occasionally 1500 or 2500. Only the one or two clubs with turnstiles will give you "exact" figures.

The Hungarian average crowd figures look suspiciously high in this particular survey.   
  • Options
    edited September 2011

• Options
    I like the league statistics on this site. The club that surprise me the most are Bury.
  • Options
    Thanks Jimmy.

I plan to increase the number of pages dedicated to the Football League in the future.
  • Options

Off topic, are you the same statman that used to be on F365? Recognising names from the internet does not feel good.

• Options
    Very interesting those stats.  Although to be fair, I'd think a more accurate ranking would come from listing in the order of average attendance per match.  This would know the Championship down a couple of places, but their attendances are still impressive.  Good work THFC.
  • Options
    I know THFC from 365 too

haha
  • Options

Off topic, are you the same statman that used to be on F365? Recognising names from the internet does not feel good.

Guilty as charged!

Although I haven't been on F365 for about 18 months now.
  • Options

I know THFC from 365 too haha

You'll probably recognise my username from the Charlton thread- 'Banging Knockers'

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    It would also be interesting to see the figure for Scotland without the old infirm included. 
  • Options
    I did hear that in terms of revenue the Championship was 5th largest in Europe, not sure i've ever seen anything to confirm it though.