Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Court No. 12

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2007
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]All over - just waiting on the verdict which will be late June / early July depending on the Judge's other commitments.
    Apparently CAFC have said they will sue Jordan should he lose, for defamation !

I really, really hope not. Let's just put this whole sorry episode behind us.

I agree Ormiston, interesting though it has occasionally been, dragging this out and the distraction it will continue to cause to the likes of RM when he needs to be steering the ship back to the premiership is not going to be helpful.

cant see what harm it would do to charlton...i can see how it would make life uncomfortable for them...and at this stage it sounds like a throwaway line that will be giving sj and his legal advisors plenty to think about...
  • Options
    Jordan would love it, it gives him even more time in the limelight and proves that he has really got himself under Murray's skin after all.

Let's just walk away and stuff them on the pitch next season, finish as champions and enjoy the best revenge dish of all, one served icy cold.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]Jordan would love it, it gives him even more time in the limelight and proves that he has really got himself under Murray's skin after all.

Let's just walk away and stuff them on the pitch next season, finish as champions and enjoy the best revenge dish of all, one served icy cold.

au contraire mon ami, i think you may be missing the point...it isnt that jordan has gone himself under murray's skin, its more likely the other way around...to me, everything jordan says or does has the smack of trying to get back at murray and charlton...tell me if i'm wrong...
  • Options
    No, you're not wrong at all, Jordan seems obsessed about "getting back" at Charlton for the events of May 2005, that's spot on.

However, that's also why he would love yet another stoush in the courtroom to air everyone's dirty washing and try and waste more of RM's time and money.

So, I think it would wind him up even more to walk away from this whole train wreck and get ourselves back to full steam on the pitch and get back in the Prem, expand the stadium to 35-40K and send his blood pressure into the stratosphere.
  • Options
    The result is apparently due to be announced this Thursday (14th)
  • Options
    Arses. I was hoping to trot up to court for that, but I can't.
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]The result is apparently due to be announced this Thursday (14th)
    The judgement AND the fixtures on Thursday?

You'd best tell Lookout to install the hyperdrive on the server pretty damn quick! ;o)
  • Options
    'Mr Justice Tugendhat" Is the Judge.....what a great name and very apt for a Judge!!!!
  • Options
    lookylikies
    (1) Simon Jordan
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    lookylikies
    (2) Kate Hopkins
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    (3) finally the two photos merged together ....
  • Options
    Any idea what time the judgement is due on Thursday?????
  • Options
    Amazingly, 10am. Unfinished business from last season collides with the start of a fresh season.

COURT 12
    Before MR JUSTICE TUGENDHAT
    Thursday, 14th June, 2007
    At 10 o'clock
    ROBED
    Non Jury List
    FOR JUDGMENT
    TLQ/07/0199 Crystal Palace FC (2000) Ltd v Dowie
  • Options
    jordan has won claim.
    breaking on ssn
  • Options
    CPFC won their claim against Dowie !
  • Options
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    oh for fuck sake cant look at his smug grin all over the telly.
  • Options
    Source??????
  • Options
    Yeah its on SSN
  • Options
    Time to switch your tv off
  • Options
    can it get any worse..... i better hide the rope
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: No.1 in South London[/cite]CPFC won their claim against Dowie !

Must admit that the meeting in the diary and the file which he started about Charlton prior to terminating his Palace contract did have me a bit worried that this would happen.
  • Options
    he won't be paying back the £1m though!
  • Options
    Does this mean that Jordan is going to come after us now?
  • Options
    depends on the wording of the judgement
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Valley_McMoist[/cite]Does this mean that Jordan is going to come after us now?[/quote]

He has to prove there was contact between CAFC and ID, if there were evidence of it that would have come out in the trial.
  • Options
    If anyone has a news link for this, could you start a new thread?
  • Options
    CRYSTAL PALACE CHAIRMAN 'DECEIVED BY DOWIE'
    By Mike Taylor, PA
    Crystal Palace chairman Simon Jordan scored a legal victory today when a High
    Court judge upheld his claim that he was "deceived" by manager Iain Dowie over
    his reasons for leaving the club.
    Jordan accused Dowie of telling lies when he negotiated his way out of his
    contract with Palace and joined arch rivals Charlton a year ago.
    Mr Justice Tugendhat ruled that Palace entered into a compromise agreement,
    freeing Dowie from his contract, on the basis of "fraudulent representations"
    by the manager to the effect that he had not contacted Charlton and had no
    present intention of joining them.
    Dowie, 42, had a clause in his contract to the effect that, if he left to join
    another club, Palace would receive #1 million compensation.
    The question of whether Palace is now entitled to #1 million, or some other
    amount, on the basis that it lost the chance to benefit under that clause will
    be decided at a further court hearing.
  • Options
    Court case over, things have moved on (badly) ... time to start a new thread regarding the verdict?
  • Options
    This basically seems to be all there is (from court agency copy):
    Today Mr Justice Tugendhat said that Mr Dowie had made "false representations" in conversations with Crystal Palace on May 20 and May 22, saying that he had had no contact with Charlton when he had in fact spoken to them on May 17 and May 22.

"I have found that Mr Dowie intended Mr Jordan to act in reliance on these misrepresentations he made by entering into the compromise agreement in the form that it was on May 22, and Mr Jordan was so induced to enter into it by those misrepresentations," said the judge.

"The club's claim that Mr Dowie deceived Mr Jordan succeeds. The club entered into the Compromise Agreement on the basis of the fraudulent representations by Mr Dowie."

Mr Justice Tugendhat ordered that the case return to court next Friday June 22) where costs and other matters will be decided.

The judge did not "rescind" the Compromise Agreement, meaning that Mr Dowie will not have to pay up the #1million compensation that Palace demanded under the terms of his employment contract.

However the judge said Crystal Palace are entitled to "damages or other financial relief", the amount of which has to be fixed.

• Options
    This is an interesting situation. The judge has not set aside the compromise agreement which is what Jordan wanted (especially when he started the action because it would have f*cked Dowies job at Charlton). What he is saying is that the false representations made were relied upon by Palace and thus they are entitled to some measure of compensation to rectify this. So anything from £1 to £1m then plus costs.

As I said in an earlier post, Jordan has got most of what he wanted. He screwed Charlton by undermining Dowie by the court case, he has got rid of a bloke he wanted out for nothing. He'll get costs awarded. If he gets some compensation as well it will be a win win.

Given the judgement summary, its difficult to see grounds for Dowie to appeal.