Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

4 day break.

edited January 2012 in Not Sports Related
Lifers looking for some advice.

I'm planning a 4 night break, from the 18th of January to the 22nd of January.

I've been searching the Internet high and low to find some deals but with no luck,

I'm looking at going to either Dubai, Tenerife (any where hot so suggestions are welcome)

Anyone have suggestions to getting the best deals? Better to phone direct? Or getting flights hotel separate etc...

Any help would be much appreciated

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Fuerteventura. Hot, dry and less touristy than the rest of the Canaries. Dull - but for four days I guess you're just looking for a sun-break, so that fits the bill. Do it on Expedia/Opodo - not much cheaper, but certainly easier than sorting everything out seperately
  • Options
    Mexico or egypt
  • Options
    Mexico for 4 days?!
  • Options
    Mexico or egypt
    To long haul mate for the amount of days I want.
    Fuerteventura. Hot, dry and less touristy than the rest of the Canaries. Dull - but for four days I guess you're just looking for a sun-break, so that fits the bill. Do it on Expedia/Opodo - not much cheaper, but certainly easier than sorting everything out seperately
    Thanks for that. Will look at them two websites, I was looking for a bit to do...
  • Options
    There was a group-on for Tenerife the other day. I know some people think they are a rip off but it seemed like a good deal. sign up for group-on but the holiday bit of it. lots of people are probably looking at getting away in jan as they're fed up of the cold weather so probably not a good time to get a cheap deal! Canaries are definitely a good bet for temperature and not long flight.
  • Options
    how hot this time of year?, I'm off there wednesday for a week and doesn't look that warm at the moment....got a great deal though
  • Options
    There was a group-on for Tenerife the other day. I know some people think they are a rip off but it seemed like a good deal. sign up for group-on but the holiday bit of it. lots of people are probably looking at getting away in jan as they're fed up of the cold weather so probably not a good time to get a cheap deal! Canaries are definitely a good bet for temperature and not long flight.
    Thanks Suzi, what's a "group on"?
  • Options
    how hot this time of year?, I'm off there wednesday for a week and doesn't look that warm at the moment....got a great deal though
    Where did you get the deal mate?

• Options
    Sign up for Travelzoo. www.travelzoo.co.uk they send you a top 20 deal email every Wednesday. Just booked 3 nights in Boston, flights, hotel and transfers for £415.
  • Options
    Sign up for Travelzoo. www.travelzoo.co.uk they send you a top 20 deal email every Wednesday. Just booked 3 nights in Boston, flights, hotel and transfers for £415.
    I'm heading on it now thanks. How longs the flight to Boston?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Damn this isn't easy! Expedia didn't have much!
  • Options
    It depends how hot you want it. I would not recommend Tenerife this time of the year as the average tempretures are around 17C and I would not class that as hot. Dubai is probably your best bet if you want to go somewhere hot as most areas that are not long haul are probably around 20C.

If I was you, Its probably best to wait until Easter time and you are more likely to get to somewhere hot for short hauls.
  • Options
    I hear Weston-super-mare is nice this time of year.
  • Options
    Sheffield's going to be "hot" next week, apparently.
  • Options
    I went to Milan last November for 3 nights with my girlfriend. We got a lovely 4 star hotel, with flights for 298 quid.

Milans a great city and 4 nights would probably be just about right to eat all that pasta and pizza. Plus I managed to persuade the girlfriend to do the San Siro tour for 12 Euros. Bargain!!!
  • Options
    I went to Milan last November for 3 nights with my girlfriend. We got a lovely 4 star hotel, with flights for 298 quid.

Milans a great city and 4 nights would probably be just about right to eat all that pasta and pizza. Plus I managed to persuade the girlfriend to do the San Siro tour for 12 Euros. Bargain!!!
    Sounds good. Was it freezing cold though?
  • Options

Dunno mate, I didn't book it - other half did, £265 for the week inc flights
  • Options

l managed to persuade the wife to do the san siro tour on our first wedding anniversary.

• Options

Dunno mate, I didn't book it - other half did, £265 for the week inc flights
    You might have to ask her for me!

I'm struggling to find any decent deals here!
  • Options
    @ Cray

I've been to Milan at this time of year & it was cold & snowed (good despite this). If you want to go to Italy now, then go to the South if weather is a factor for you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I tried to do just that last year, 4 day hot break last January and could find nowhere short haul enough that had decent weather ..... The best bets turned out to be Dubai and Egypt or failing that sod the heat and head off skiing :-)
  • Options
    Having been looking at Tenerife, found somewhere which is 651 for 4 nights for me and the mrs in a lush hotel, good value? I'm not sure.

What's Malta and morocco like?
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Try travelrepublic.co.uk
    Flights, hotels, transfers in any combination.
  • Options
    Groupon http://www.groupon.co.uk/

Select the 'getaways' bit for the holiday deals.
  • Options
    Vienna?
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Went to Malta last summer...there was a 5* hotel called something like "The Golden Sands"...it was a timeshare hotel...anyway signed up to some offer where they gave us a week accommodation for £50 on the condition we spent either one morning or one afternoon being "sold to"...we paid our own flights. Hotel was excellent, Malta stunning and we spent one afternoon speaking to an Aussie bloke who knew straight away we would not buy a timeshare so we went to the bar and had a beer and talked about all the places we had visited / would like to visit!

Second time I have done one of those timeshare holiday things...great value just as long as you are not gullible enough to actually sign up to buy one!

Maybe worth checking out the hotel website and seeing if they have any offers although no idea what weather would be like this time of year.

The other lot we did a timeshare hol with were called Club La Costa...they were even better...flights and 1 weeks stay just down the coats from Malaga, plus £50 John Lewis vouchers and a night in a London hotel all for a £99 booking fee and a 2 hour talk in London and a 2 hour talk in Malaga...happy days...looking for one for this summer now!
  • Options
    Went to Malta last summer...there was a 5* hotel called something like "The Golden Sands"...it was a timeshare hotel...anyway signed up to some offer where they gave us a week accommodation for £50 on the condition we spent either one morning or one afternoon being "sold to"...we paid our own flights. Hotel was excellent, Malta stunning and we spent one afternoon speaking to an Aussie bloke who knew straight away we would not buy a timeshare so we went to the bar and had a beer and talked about all the places we had visited / would like to visit!

Second time I have done one of those timeshare holiday things...great value just as long as you are not gullible enough to actually sign up to buy one!

Maybe worth checking out the hotel website and seeing if they have any offers although no idea what weather would be like this time of year.

The other lot we did a timeshare hol with were called Club La Costa...they were even better...flights and 1 weeks stay just down the coats from Malaga, plus £50 John Lewis vouchers and a night in a London hotel all for a £99 booking fee and a 2 hour talk in London and a 2 hour talk in Malaga...happy days...looking for one for this summer now!
    What websites will they be on?
  • Options
    Sharm el sheikh is in the 20s but the lack of wind makes it feel about 5 degrees warmer if that helps?
  • Options
    Having been looking at Tenerife, found somewhere which is 651 for 4 nights for me and the mrs in a lush hotel, good value? I'm not sure.

What's Malta and morocco like?
    Malta can be cold. Went there in February and it was sweat shirt and coat weather.

Best bet is the Canaries.