Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Crowd on Saturday....

2»

Comments

• Options

With 2,500 in the North doing the Bouncy
  • Options
    A football fan ;-)
  • Options
    I will be amazed if Barnsley bring more than 250. You know what Dreamboy, have yourself two bags of chips and sit on two seats ;-)
  • Options
    Around 20k, perhaps under.
  • Options
  • Options
    AFKA said 'Must admit i've been a bit suprised by the low crowds, can't put my finger on it other than the fact that in the local rags, there hasn't been the usual saturated advertising as we're used to'

I'm not surprised, people have dropped going to Charlton big time. Plus people are a bit sick of the bluffers we had during the 3/4 seasons and also people haven't the spare cash either.

I've enjoyed this season far more than the last 3/4. Mainly because we are winning but also players are putting a shift in.
  • Options
    Think we'll shade 21,000, which in my opinion ain't Bad. Barnsley at Home when I first started watching charlton was between 5-6,000.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Think we'll shade 21,000, which in my opinion ain't Bad. Barnsley at Home when I first started watching charlton was between 5-6,000.

For comparison, 30 Sept 1995 Barnsley at home drew a crowd of 11,219 (15,000 capacity).

We drew 1-1, Kim Grant with the goal
  • Options
  • Options
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2007
    22,222 :-)

dammit, i didn't see he'd already done it!
  • Options
    21796, 750 from barnso.
  • Options
    I think the crowd Saturday

Will me mainly Males with a selection of Children and Women making up the numbers
  • Options
    2nd v 4th but England Australia on the telly too.

I'll go for 22,687
  • Options
    21,500 maximum, but hope Im wrong. I remember Barnsley at home a few years ago when they bought down 82 away fans.....
    :-)
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    with everybody wanting to avoid seeing england get turned over at rugby, shopping with the missus a last resort and the only games on in london being us, palace and orient (in fact the only london pl team playing is westham at villa) we might pick up a few fans if the weather's like it is today...
  • Options
  • Options
    sell out
  • Options
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2007
    I must say I think all you predicting 22000+ are benig incredibly optimistic.

There were 20,000 plus away fans for the Leicester game and I would've thought that was more likely to be seen as the "attractive" fixture of the two

..... irrespective of Barnsley having a better team and a great start to the season, most casual fans won't be aware of that.

So unless we are shipping in some school kids I would be suprised if we get 21000 let alone 22000!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]I must say I think all you predicting 22000+ are benig incredibly optimistic.

There were 20,000 plus away fans for the Leicester game and I would've thought that was more likely to be seen as the "attractive" fixture of the two

..... irrespective of Barnsley having a better team and a great start to the season, most casual fans won't be aware of that.

So unless we are shipping in some school kids I would be suprised if we get 21000 let alone 22000!

the holidays are finally over now though, other than that poor chap medders they keep on about who seems to be under the misguided impression that the company of an australian girl while they are stuffing england will be a pleasant experience, everybody will be going to the match...
  • Options
    well i was 80 odd out
  • Options
    seems strange seeing the highlights on the telly and seeing banks of empty sections....