Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So remind me again why any young player would join Chelsea?

Comments

• Options
    They hate Agile development?
  • Options
    what is that link? hope i dont live to regret opening that.
  • Options
    Eh?
  • Options
    $$$$$$$$$
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

what is that link? hope i dont live to regret opening that.

Likewise.
  • Options
    I would have thought they would have used a waterfall approach in the past but moved to an Agile approach...

I want.... to kick a ball...

so that...I score a goal

• Options
    Not sure what happened there! Here's the correct link:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22687663
  • Options
    To summerise, Chelsea didn't play a single English player under the age of 21 last season, neither did Man City. The premiership has lower percentage of U21 qualified players than any other major european league.
  • Options
    And yet the FA and the PL have changed the rules so they can cherry pick the best U21s and pay minimum compensation to the developing clubs. Words fail me.
  • Options

And yet the FA and the PL have changed the rules so they can cherry pick the best U21s and pay minimum compensation to the developing clubs. Words fail me.

agreed to by the FL though

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Only after some gentle persuasion by the premier league

"that's a nice youth team you have there, would be a shame if you lost those solidarity payments"
  • Options

agreed to by the FL though

Under duress.
  • Options
    They still agreed it. I wonder if it's really bad for the game. Were there that many top class players in the good old days that developed in the lower leagues? Genuine question.
  • Options
    Wonga!!

• Options
    Here's the team from the 1990 world cup and the clubs they started at:

Shilton, Peter L. - Leicester
    Stevens, M. Gary - Everton
    Pearce, Stuart - Wealdstone
    Webb, Neil J. - Reading
    Walker, Desmond S. - Forest
    Butcher, Terence I. - Ipswich
    Robson, Bryan - West Brom
    Waddle, Christopher R. - Newcastle
    Beardsley, Peter A. - Carlisle
    Lineker, Gary W. - Leicester
    Barnes, John C. B. - Watford

Only two of those clubs were in the top flight in the 1989/90 season. Less than half had had prolonged top division presences in the preceding decade, so it's clear that in the past top class players came from a wide variety of clubs.

• Options

They still agreed it. I wonder if it's really bad for the game. Were there that many top class players in the good old days that developed in the lower leagues? Genuine question.

What part of the word 'duress' did you not understand?

Clue: similar process by which the FL 'agrees' to a reduced level of solidarity payments.

The FAPL as a separate commercial entity needs to be abolished.

• Options
    Seeing that England XI reminded me that when we played at Elm Park v Reading in the League Cup in the 80s they had Neil Webb, Lawrie Sanchez & Kerry Dixon in their starting XI.