Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Addicks v's Birmingham match thread 04/10/14

edited October 2014 in General Charlton
Afternoon all, so after a great smash and grab at Carrow Road on Tuesday night we have the opportunity to keep our unbeaten run going with a home win over Brum. No TBH today, for religious reasons, so we know of at least one forced change and I guess Solly will come back in at RB. We need to ensure that we are not complacent and let Brum steal 3 points from us the way we did against Norwich. I reckon BP will have the guys up for this one just as much as he did on Tuesday, lets hope the crowd is bigger than recently and can have patience as well as acting as the 12th man. I think we will win, but we need to come out of the blocks all guns blazing and push them back, after-all they just beat our neighbours and they will also have a confidence boost from that.

I'll bring you the teams as soon as I can get them.

COYR's!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Thanks RM.
  • Options
    What's the weather/pitch like? (tipping down further west...)
  • Options

Waiting for an update on weather and pitch.
  • Options

Waiting for an update on weather and pitch.
    Peeing down, but pitch is good.
  • Options
    Pitch perfect
  • Options
    Henderson; Solly, Wiggins, Morrison, Bikey; Wilson, Buyens, Jackson, Cousins; Bulot, Vetokele.
  • Options
    SUBS: Pope, Moussa, Harriott, Fox, Tucudean, Thomas, Ahearne-Grant.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Church has been told he can leave The Valley on loan. KAG has taken his place in the squad
  • Options
    Who is Thomas?
  • Options
    By Richard Cawley
    SIMON Church has been told that he can leave Charlton on loan, writes Richard Cawley.

The 25-year-old has not played for the Addicks since the end of August and has recently seen Karlan Ahearne-Grant, 17, preferred on the bench.

And Charlton head coach Bob Peeters said: "I had a chat with Churchy and told him I'm going to gamble with Karlan - that's the future.

"It's a tough decision but I'm here to get as many points as possible and to think about the future and getting young people into the squad. I told that very honestly to Churchy. Okay, he was not happy with the decision but he understood it.

"He is still part of the squad but at this moment I'm choosing other people. If I need him I will play him. He knows he maybe needs to go out and play somewhere. I won't hold it against him. He's a fair guy - he always works very hard."
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Terell Thomas
  • Options
    Included on the bench is U21s central defender @Tete_Thomas5, another product of the Charlton academy.
  • Options
    Exciting to see yet another academy player make the 18, Terrell Thomas.
    #madeincharlton

COYR!!!
  • Options
    Birmingham team unchanged from one that won at Millwall.
  • Options

Who is Thomas?

Terrel Thomas, from Sheffield Wed... Apparently homesick and a youth centre half...
  • Options

Who is Thomas?

Terrel Thomas, from Sheffield Wed... Apparently homesick and a youth centre half...
    He's not the one from Sheffield Wednesday, Terrell Thomas has been at the club ages.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

Who is Thomas?

Thought he has been in our youth team a while?

*Edit - I have just done a Colin!
  • Options

By Richard Cawley
    SIMON Church has been told that he can leave Charlton on loan, writes Richard Cawley.

The 25-year-old has not played for the Addicks since the end of August and has recently seen Karlan Ahearne-Grant, 17, preferred on the bench.

And Charlton head coach Bob Peeters said: "I had a chat with Churchy and told him I'm going to gamble with Karlan - that's the future.

"It's a tough decision but I'm here to get as many points as possible and to think about the future and getting young people into the squad. I told that very honestly to Churchy. Okay, he was not happy with the decision but he understood it.

"He is still part of the squad but at this moment I'm choosing other people. If I need him I will play him. He knows he maybe needs to go out and play somewhere. I won't hold it against him. He's a fair guy - he always works very hard."

Great work Bob, i love this attitude.
  • Options
    That has to be our youngest ever bench for a League match. Average age is 21.
  • Options
    And I'm pretty sure that given an 8th bench space it would have been Munns as well
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Who is Thomas?

You are mixing him up with Obileye
  • Options
    Would have been slightly younger if Gomez was fit too.
  • Options
    Munns is in warm up also a number 33 who is he?.
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

Who is Thomas?

He's not the one from Sheffield Wednesday, Terrell Thomas has been at the club ages.
    He he is, in fact, doing what he does best:

• Options

Henderson; Solly, Wiggins, Morrison, Bikey; Wilson, Buyens, Jackson, Cousins; Bulot, Vetokele.

Where' TBH?
  • Options
    With Jehovah, pal
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Where' TBH?
    This is a joke right? with all the publicity and comments all week
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Where' TBH?

Given the day off
  • Options
    ross1 said:

PL54 said:

Where' TBH?
    This is a joke right? with all the publicity and comments all week
    Just needed to read my opening for this thread!!
  • Options
    30 mins till ko...........COYR's
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!