Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

realistic January targets you'd like to see

Comments

• Options
    Bradley Wright Phillips on loan...............
  • Options

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 6m6 minutes ago
    Milwall and Charlton linked with Chris O'Grady but sounds like Brighton forward set to join Sheffield United on a month's loan.

I don't understand why we are being linked with players who are also being linked with lower championship and high league 1.

surely we should be linked with the same sort of player as teams like Norwich and Forest
  • Options

Milwall and Charlton linked with Chris O'Grady but sounds like Brighton forward set to join Sheffield United on a month's loan.

I don't understand why we are being linked with players who are also being linked with lower championship and high league 1.

surely we should be linked with the same sort of player as teams like Norwich and Forest
    Yeah, because we have the same budget as a side newly relegated and a club bankrolled by a Kuwaiti millionaire.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

Yeah, because we have the same budget as a side newly relegated and a club bankrolled by a Kuwaiti millionaire.
    We had enough to be linked with Delort, all I am saying is we are 9th in the league, ahead of Brighton who he cant get game time for, and if he was good enough other teams would be after him but the fact he is being linked with a team in League 1 and a team near the bottom of the championship and no-one else tells me he is not good enough
  • Options

RedPanda said:

We had enough to be linked with Delort, all I am saying is we are 9th in the league, ahead of Brighton who he cant get game time for, and if he was good enough other teams would be after him but the fact he is being linked with a team in League 1 and a team near the bottom of the championship and no-one else tells me he is not good enough
    Could say the same about Simon Church though... When he was up for loan the rumours were that he'd join Derby
  • Options
    O Grady, CMS, Baldock, Bent, basically any of Brightons strikers as I feel all of them would improve us.

Mackay-Steven, Dwyer, someone like Abdoulay Diaby or Bahebeck, Ruud Boymans perhaps? Wilson on loan from Man Ure, surely they dont need him with Falcao, Rooney and Van Persie there? Would also like a player in the Eriksen /Coutinho/ Oscar mould but obviously one that's a bit shit so they have a realistic chance of being farmed out to us
  • Options

Bradley Wright Phillips on loan...............

If Powell couldn't get him scoring in The Championship surely nobody can...........
  • Options
    Craig-Mackail Smith now that Brighton have gone for Bent
  • Options
    At the risk of pelters.

Delort has not settled at Wigan . With a change of manager , maybe he might not be McKay's type of player.

• Options
    Heard CMS gone on loan to Posh.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I still wanna see polish Pete and Reza with igor upfront. What happened to polish Pete!? What about calling back Reza from loan as we desperately need a striker!? Or did he quit football and join Isis!?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    The "make a name up for the next Charlton striker in the door game"

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

1. You must use at least 20 of the above letters once
    2. You can use 5 of the above letters twice
    3. You can use 2 of the above letters three times.
    4. Strange accents are applicable.

Off you go...
  • Options
    Peter Di Stefano Campos
  • Options
    The Southk Korean star striker Fu King No Won
  • Options

Peter Di Stefano Campos

No...thats only 19.
  • Options

Peter Di Stefano Campos

No...thats only 19.
    there are 20 letters there
  • Options

Nobody we expect or hope. We will have 3 weeks fevered speculation, someone will be "about to sign", everything will go quiet and then someone we have never heard of will suddenly be in the team....

I think BP is after, what's his name, you know, that big striker, I don't know his name, but I bet we get him in January
  • Options
    A.Decent striker.
  • Options

Peter Di Stefano Campos

No...thats only 19.
    there are 20 letters there
    Damn. There goes my smartarse award.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gary Goals.... when are we getting this striker in!!?
  • Options
    Who exactly do Standard have available ? It will be him !
  • Options

Who exactly do Standard have available ? It will be him !

They don't as they sold top strikers last summer and, like us, they are just one win away from their play-offs...
    Although Ajdarevic isn't playing much!

One target might be Baheback from PSG or there's Jorgensen and Cornelius at FC Copenhagen. None of these will be cheap and no idea if they will land on their feet in the Championship but they fit the profile of a Staprix signing.

• Options
    Atdhe Nuhiu from Sheffield Wednsday. Caused us all sorts of problems at the beginning of the 2-3 last year. Offers a lot going forward, I believe could do well partnering Igor
  • Options
    COG gone on loan to Shef Utd. Thought we would do that with a view to buy in Jan. Must be after better!!!
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

COG gone on loan to Shef Utd. Thought we would do that with a view to buy in Jan. Must be after better!!!

Or it's just that he's a northern lad who wants to stay up north - a feeling no doubt reinforced by his unhappy spell on the south coast.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Apparently Brighton wouldn't loan Craig Mackall- Smith to a Championship club so he has gone to Peterborough and O Grady has gone up North to Sheffield United.
  • Options

What's the weather like on Planet Paulie today?

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Not too sure if it's realistic but Adel Taarabt could be good, not getting games at Qpr, maybe on loan.
  • Options
    Vaz Te and extend the coq's loan deal