Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wenger

Comments

• Options
    I was expecting to hear them shouting all kinds of insults at him but they're only booing him. Hardly the worst thing ever.
  • Options
    any time arsenal fans get annoyed at arsene it's utterly hilarious. Not like he isn't going to give them champions league football AGAIN next season is it?
  • Options
    edited December 2014

any time arsenal fans get annoyed at arsene it's utterly hilarious. Not like he isn't going to give them champions league football AGAIN next season is it?

not sure if that was tongue in cheek, but I don't reckon that they will finish in the top 4 this season. top 6 maybe, but then that isnt even guaranteed with W Ham & Southampton doing well this season.
  • Options

It's all relative though isn't it? I imagine some of the stuff some of our fans moan about would be met with similar disdain from, say, Hartlepool fans.
  • Options
    Talal said:

It's all relative though isn't it? I imagine some of the stuff some of our fans moan about would be met with similar disdain from, say, Hartlepool fans.
    which is why i laugh at those fans too.
  • Options
    Ah well, at least it's good to laugh.
  • Options
    Disrespectful, ungrateful a***holes.
  • Options

not sure if that was tongue in cheek, but I don't reckon that they will finish in the top 4 this season. top 6 maybe, but then that isnt even guaranteed with W Ham & Southampton doing well this season.
    Saints have lost to Man Utd, Arsenal and Man City in their last 3 games - I think that shows where they sit in the natural order, no way they'll be top 4 in May. West Ham will fade, Newcastle too. Liverpool are shocking right now. Spurs inconsistent and Everton struggling a bit to juggle domestic and european commitments.

Arsenal will finish third or 4th (likely 4th) with Utd filling the other spot but miles behind Chelsea and City. It'll be slightly by default because there is very little competition for the top 4 this season, but they'll be in the Champions League next season.

they were very unlucky tonight, United were poor and got lucky with the goals
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LoonyBin said:

Football fans don't change, do they? Only the amounts of money that they demand their club spend on players varies...... and ever upwards at that.

Arsene Wenger has been a bit of an enigma down the years for me. He is, by turns, brilliantly inventive, tactically astute, dedicated to playing attractive, attacking football and he cares deeply about the club and its traditions and what it stands for (a rare quality in these modern, mercenary days). But those fine characteristics are sometimes offset by his penchant for wearing blinkers, an irascible streak that too frequently gets him into trouble with officialdom and, it must be said a streak of arrogance wide enough to land a jumbo jet on.

I am in no doubt that every decision he has ever taken has been done with the best interests of the club, team and fans at heart. Sometimes those decisions have come off and sometimes they haven't. That's life. Hands up those of us whose every judgement call has worked out perfectly. No takers for that one..? Thought so.

Sometimes his hand has been forced. He didn't want to sell Fabregas or Van Persie but those players wanted away. They were determined to leave so what could he do?

Whether he should leave now depends on your point of view and what sort of person you yourself are. As one poster pointed out, the fans are stumping up four figure sums for their season ticket and are entitled to make their point. On the other hand, Wenger's record at Arsenal is an extremely good one regardless of the lack of trophies in the last nine years. Three league titles, an unbeaten season, umpteen FA Cups and League Cups, A Champions League final and more seasons in the CL than you can waggle a well worn stick at.

Oh that Charlton had that sort of managerial crisis to deal with, eh..? It must be a real bummer for their supporters to have to fork out on all those tiresome trips to cup finals and for goodness sake...... the amount of sleep they must lose wondering whether their team is going to finish third or fourth in the Premier League this season. Shocking..!!

My heart pumps purple p*** for them.

Perhaps Arsene Wenger will leave at the end of the season. Perhaps the board are already discussing his departure package at this very time. An announcement may be forthcoming sometime in April, so as not to disrupt those delicate flowers in the first team who may just not be able to go on if they found out there was going to be disruption at the top too early.

I only hope that if / when Arsene Wenger leaves Arsenal, he does so with dignity and his head held high. In my opinion it should be a clean break. No seat on the board, peering down from the stand at the new bloke's efforts, like the vulture of doom that Alex Ferguson became for David Moyse last season.

The club won't leave Wenger short of a few bob so he's not going to starve.

Where Arsenal go from there is anybody's guess. But I doubt the new bloke will be given anything remotely resembling long enough for him to achieve what Wenger has done at that club. Nor at the price.

I think he will be saddened to go. It may not show... he's too proud to shed a tear publicy..... but I think it will break his heart that the last memories he has of Arsenal FC will be of a gang of worthless scum at a railway station, and how quickly the fans move on to the new man and completely forget him. Because forgotten he will be.

And that's a shame.

He may not have wanted to sell fabregas and Henry, but he had the opportunity to take fabregas back and rejected it.

He has in the past proven to be a great manager, but decisions like that says he has lost it a bit and needs to retire. Everyone else knew Fabregas could still do a job for them
  • Options
    Why is booing Wenger disgraceful ? Is he beyond criticism?

The fans are the ones who pay the money they are totally entitled to boo. It's hardly being abusive is it?
  • Options
    He's a very good manager no doubt but his stubbornness when it comes to transfers and player costs are well documented and antiquated. Top level football has become something you have to spend decent money to get anywhere and bar the somewhat knee jerk signings of Ozil and Sanchez he still insists on perusing youth of a perceived caliber that doesn't often live up to the hype.

It must be tough for Arsenal fans to know they have the money and yet see players that would improve the team passing them by.
  • Options
    Brilliant that the fans are telling the mgr how they feel crack on gooners
  • Options
    Not sure the video was disgraceful - I'm assuming that it was filmed after the Stoke defeat (?) and about five fans booed the team after a pretty poor performance.

Arsenal will definitely finish in the top four though...
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    What I'd personally like to see is Wenger leave of his own volition, only for Arsenal to appoint someone else and crumble beyond the point of return. It would be no less than they deserve. The biggest tosser fans in the Prem for me, short of possibly Man United.

I look forward to the day they fail to qualify for the Champions League, and think it's far more likely to occur when Wenger isn't there.
  • Options
    What is wrong with that video then? Them fans probably pay 4 times as much as we do to watch their team underachieve most seasons, they're entitled to it.
  • Options

What is wrong with that video then? Them fans probably pay 4 times as much as we do to watch their team underachieve most seasons, they're entitled to it.

they're also entitled to not go and just watch it on tv. They just like to think they know something about football because they go watch it every week.
  • Options

Why is booing Wenger disgraceful ? Is he beyond criticism?

The fans are the ones who pay the money they are totally entitled to boo. It's hardly being abusive is it?

You have a point. They pay so they are entitled to voice their opinion. It's a free country.

Having said that, the obverse argument is that nobody forces them to support the club, do they..? They follow Arsenal of their own free will and then the question could be asked "What are they paying for..?" What exactly is it that the price of their match ticket entitles them to..?

Well, it entitles them to watch the match. And that's it. Nothing else.

It doesn't confer any guarantee of success. It doesn't even entitle them to a guarantee that they will be entertained according to their wishes. The price of a ticket doesn't guarantee a thrilling match.

It doesn't guarantee that the club will be successful. It doesn't guarantee that there will be a trophy on the sideboard come May. All it entitles you to is a seat in the stadium on match day. Nothing more.

OK, so football is a dream factory and we all want to see our fantasies fulfilled. I've been known to imagine that Charlton might one day win the Champions League, but then I wake up. I hope I'm well balanced enough to keep my wildest dreams in check, a process which is helped when I squirm through the debacle that was the Ipswich match a week or so ago. Perhaps the Arsenal fans could do with a healthy dose of that kind of reality in their lives. A season or two in the Championship might not do them any harm at all.

In any one season there are only three major trophies available to compete for in English football, and the opportunity to participate in Europe for another one. I might point out that other clubs also want to win those trophies too. Somebody is going to be disappointed, aren't they..?

Arsenal fans have enjoyed more than their fair share of success under Arsene Wenger and it is reasonable to suggest that some of them have become spoiled..... have developed a sense of entitlement. It's as if some of them feel they have a right to success and if they pout and fold their arms and stamp their feet long enough it will happen all by itself.

I would suggest that Arsene Wenger has shown commitment to the club above and beyond reasonable demand by today's standards. I'm sure any number of other clubs would have been prepared to accept his services if he'd wanted to move, but he's never given any indication that he wanted to do that.

Rather, he has stayed with Arsenal through the good times and the bad. I think that for all his faults (which, it can't be denied, are many and varied) he has shown a degree of loyalty that some are now showing they don't deserve.

It saddens me to see a man like that castigated by lesser mortals for the paltry reason that the club is only 6th in the Premier League... and hey... right now it's possible that two wins could see them move up to third in the table..!! Then, I presume, it would be back to "Good old Arsene" and backslapping all round. Fickle fans and all that, eh..?

As I said in my previous post, I wish Charlton had that sort of crisis to deal with.

Well, I've had my say on this topic. If anybody has read this far, I salute you for your patience and forbearance.

I'll make one last comment on this topic: Have you noticed how the "Sack Allardyce" and "Sack Pardew" brigades have gone quiet in the last few weeks..?

Fickle fans indeed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When the fans are cheering them on and paying their hard earned dough, mgrs and players say how much it encourages them

For teams and individuals to start getting booed and jeered it means that the encouragement and support they have been getting isn't enough to turn results around

So the fans can choose the other option which is to give them abuse, I dont think it works in side the football ground but outsider's mediums such as Twitter and you tube, forums etc it's fair game

Fans don't have the choice of not going, if you have the disposable income and home life to follow a team home and away we all would, because we love that club we follow

Wenger has done well it sticks in my gullet bit he has done blinding, but not for 9 seasons and their club is stagnant,

He thinks he is untouchable and he rules well he don't and he isn't

In reckon someone should run on the pitch and sling their st at his swede next

Love a bit of fans showing they have had enough

But I love the pain of the gooners even more so long may it continue
  • Options
    Wenger needs to learn from Allardyce in some aspects.

Allardyce at beginning of the season was told to change West Ham's game and he has done to great effect. Still direct but quite fun to watch.
  • Options
    100% NLA long long long may their pain go on for
  • Options
    bet there is no Booing now
  • Options
    Ramsey's second , what a hit , PING'd it , reeeeeeem
  • Options

Ramsey's second , what a hit , PING'd it , reeeeeeem

Believe it is what the kids refer to as 'Unbelievable Tekkers'.

• Options
    'Arsenal fans need to be careful what they wish for, Charlton fans wanted Curbishley gone and where are they now?'
    - Paul Merson

really I dont remember many Charlton fans wanting Curbs gone
  • Options

'Arsenal fans need to be careful what they wish for, Charlton fans wanted Curbishley gone and where are they now?'
    - Paul Merson

I do.

Regarding Merson, how does he remain in employment? The guy can barely speak.
  • Options

- Paul Merson

There were plenty.
  • Options

- Paul Merson

You were only a nipper then.