Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Family Event in the West stand on ALL HOME GAMES (Well there's a supprise)

13»

Comments

• Options
    Say you're going to the ticket office to buy a ticket. Or heading to the Jimmy Seed as an away fan (with your best Northern accent) . Or your car is parked and you need to get your tickets/tinhat out
  • Options

Apart from the cynical (and naive) timing of this initiative it continues to prove that KM really doesn't understand the key demand drivers for her product.

Sofas, redder seats, tacky mascots and kids activity areas in the rain and cold really do not attract new fans or retain the old. They're not motivators that create satisfaction or even hygiene factors that prevent dissatisfaction. I would argue that introducing these things without addressing the key issues only serves to annoy those of us who are emotionally tied and alienate those who aren't.

This isn't the USA, UK football demand drivers are quite simple. New fans will be attracted by Premiership football or a chance of getting there. In order to keep the existing fans clubs need to retain their 'natural' level and give fans hope that they're trying for better. Everything else is just noise.

and ironically the USA is moving away from the old NASL style gimmicks as fans are demanding a more traditional experience - albeit one that contains strong hints of fan culture from Europe & Mexico (South America)
  • Options
    My 10 year old is way more interested in a protest than a bouncy castle.....good lad! No excitement on the pitch right now may as well have some off it to keep him interested.
  • Options
    So hands up who is :

1) Protesting and going to the match
    2) Protesting and not going to the match
    3) Not Going to the match and not protesting
    4) Doesn't give a fig.
  • Options
    1) The protest and going to the match. Not trekking all the way to the Valley and not bother going into to see the match. At least with the protest, something positive will be added to the day.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Supprise surprise

So hands up who is :

4) Doesn't give a fig.

Are 3 and 4 much the same ?

I'm at home with the kids and going to a firework display in the evening followed by a pint or 2 next to the fire in the local pub and then home for a nice meal with some friends.
  • Options

So hands up who is :

4) Doesn't give a fig.

What about those going to the match and not protesting?
  • Options

So hands up who is :

4) Doesn't give a fig.

Like a trust survey - here's the answers we'd like, which is your favourite ?
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    PL54 said:

So hands up who is :

4) Doesn't give a fig.

I'm guessing your a 4 then PL, not that it matters.

I'm just interested in the fact a lot of people are fished off right now, and how many on here will actually protest, or not protest.

My mood barometer swings between going to the protest, and then going home, going to the protest and then watching the game,,and being a silent protester by staying away completely, and doing something more positive.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

PL54 said:

So hands up who is :

4) Doesn't give a fig.

No I'm a 3
  • Options
    vff said:

1) The protest and going to the match. Not trekking all the way to the Valley and not bother going into to see the match. At least with the protest, something positive will be added to the day.

Me too VFF.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Supprise surprise

So hands up who is :

4) Doesn't give a fig.

I'm at home with the kids and going to a firework display in the evening followed by a pint or 2 next to the fire in the local pub and then home for a nice meal with some friends.

Palace away then?
  • Options
    vff said:

Me too VFF.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    I'm 5) attending but not protesting

And frankly a bit bored of all the negativity. The team needs support - not distractions. Yes Roland hasn't covered himself in glory lately but who knows where we'd have been had he not bought us.
    Maybe a squillionnaire would have come in - or maybe we'd have gone into administration. Or worse.

We've got a stunning training ground on the way, a brilliant pitch and have invested in some new players and some longer contracts for existing players (WHICH EVERYONE AGREED WAS A GOOD THING)

Agree it's not great but the future should be brighter - we need to focus on helping the team out of this rut.

If you want to protest then do it - but come 15:00 we should all go bonkers for the men in red shirts. We may not all love them all but we need to support them.
  • Options
    Protesting. Going to the match. Going home if we are 3 down at half time.
  • Options
    Protesting & then going to the match (but only because I've wasted money on season ticket & have got to get some use out of it)
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Supprise surprise

So hands up who is :

4) Doesn't give a fig.

FFS - I made you spokesperson for our #BlackandWhite campaign and you're not even going to be there!
  • Options
    PL54 said:

PL54 said:

So hands up who is :

4) Doesn't give a fig.

No I'm a 3
    RD has seen more games at The Valley than PL54 huh ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can someome please put that picture up of Vic and Bob holding up their handbags in a mincing manner.
  • Options
    3) for me. I would be there but I'm working Saturday this week... Will be keep an eye on what goes on via social media though.