Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Roly/Roland Out

2»

Comments

• Options
    People have spent hours on here trying to work out his motives and his plan. I think we are giving him far too much respect and we are wasting our time, he's just a nutter with more money than he knows what to do with. He reminds me of my local MP, Clive Palmer, a mining billionaire who started his own political party ( no I didn't vote him in, and everyone who did is now regretting it) He took over ownership of our our local Hyatt five star resort. It used to stage the Australian PGA golf, and Summits for world leaders. Now it stands empty of guests, gathering cobwebs and crumbling. It houses his classic car collection and some huge mechanical dinosaurs ( he's tried to turn in into Jerrassic Park) almost all staff have been laid off. Meanwhile he spends his millions fighting an every growing number of court cases, bought by his business partners and former managers ( take note Katrien).
    He's an arrogant egotistical twat who cares about nobody but himself and takes great delight in rubbing people up the wrong way. "If you don't like it, see you in court ha ha".
  • Options
    But I don't understand how he expects to make money when the club inevitably get relegated under him @defke. It's OK banking on our academy but if we drop through the leagues, then we become less and less of an attractive option for younger players wanting to join us. They'll also be sold off quicker and for less money if that happens. We're going nowhere under this model.
  • Options
    i think with construction with his other clubs - se what he did with standard players free to other clubs and there sell them - that's win - win situation
  • Options
    I said in a different thread that we need to change the focus. It should be Meire Out. Roly cannot hear us, he doesn't care. She will feel it, and she will not like it one bit.
  • Options

I said in a different thread that we need to change the focus. It should be Meire Out. Roly cannot hear us, he doesn't care. She will feel it, and she will not like it one bit.

Absolutely. Protests against RD are pointless as he is an absentee owner. The target should be Meire. She is in many ways even worse than the owner. Clueless, arrogant and disrespectful of the 'business' she has been brought in to run and the 'customers' of that business.
  • Options

I can't understand why this fella is slowly killing us?

I don't think it's that slow. I think it's pretty efficient.
  • Options

But I don't understand how he expects to make money when the club inevitably get relegated under him @defke. It's OK banking on our academy but if we drop through the leagues, then we become less and less of an attractive option for younger players wanting to join us. They'll also be sold off quicker and for less money if that happens. We're going nowhere under this model.

You'll not get relegated. He'll do something in january, just to save his investment, but he doesn't care about the sentiment and passion of the fans. However, some things can't be explained ... If he has a plan, he should have communicated about it. And there is no excuse to show up only once during a season. It takes him 2 or 3 hrs to get to The Valley. Some of you travel further for some away games. And Katrien ... she's not evil or stupid, just incompetent for this job.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    skywalker said:

You'll not get relegated. He'll do something in january, just to save his investment, but he doesn't care about the sentiment and passion of the fans. However, some things can't be explained ... If he has a plan, he should have communicated about it. And there is no excuse to show up only once during a season. It takes him 2 or 3 hrs to get to The Valley. Some of you travel further for some away games. And Katrien ... she's not evil or stupid, just incompetent for this job.
    I think this last ditch (last minute) approach is not easy in UK. Because experienced players and coaches care about who they are joining - and we need that experience because we don't have the time to mould new players to the league. I think he may struggle to save his investment, he's vastly underestimated it already and is about to be hit by a whole host worse.

I do agree in that he will TRY to save his investment though, and the key word is investment, not his club, his investment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Vincenzo said:

When you say you want him out, you mean, you want him to sell up, yes?

If so, to whom? And at what price?

If there isn't a buyer who is prepared to pay Duchatelet every penny he's put in, then you are pissing in the wind.

Who's going to prepare to buy a club off Roland after his hijinks with Standard Liege? We will know when he's ready to sell because he will start doing similar deals with us; JBG, Cousins, TW, IV etc.

Edit - thinking about it, wasn't Ujpset close to liquidation at one point?
  • Options
    Ujpest was a completely different story. He got it as part of a business transaction. I just read an article on RD and he says that he's always 5 years ahead in his mind about the goal(s) he wants to achieve. For me, that only makes sense if he gets Charlton into the PL and puts the club out for sale. (you guys wouldn't mind).
  • Options
    skywalker said:

Ujpest was a completely different story. He got it as part of a business transaction. I just read an article on RD and he says that he's always 5 years ahead in his mind about the goal(s) he wants to achieve. For me, that only makes sense if he gets Charlton into the PL and puts the club out for sale. (you guys wouldn't mind).

The way things are going, unless he does a complete u-turn, we are at least 10 years away from reaching the premier league.
  • Options

skywalker said:

I think this last ditch (last minute) approach is not easy in UK. Because experienced players and coaches care about who they are joining - and we need that experience because we don't have the time to mould new players to the league. I think he may struggle to save his investment, he's vastly underestimated it already and is about to be hit by a whole host worse.

I do agree in that he will TRY to save his investment though, and the key word is investment, not his club, his investment.
    Totally agree with both posters especially Skywalker. Roland has no passion for football but he for making his visionary ideas work. He may realise his idea for us needs urgent adjustments or he will make us truly miserable!
  • Options

skywalker said:

The way things are going, unless he does a complete u-turn, we are at least 10 years away from reaching the premier league.
    He doesn't have that many weeks left does he?
  • Options
    ujpest is the club from his son roderick - and yes he don't now what passion is - he dont't now what football is - he think he's the Messias with al his money - but he pull out the money and not to invest
  • Options
    http://www.rtbf.be/sport/football/detail_les-supporters-de-charlton-reunis-en-masse-pour-dire-non-a-duchatelet?id=9130133

on the French newspaper
    c'mon CAFC fight back don't let another taking you're club
  • Options
    So we made the front page of RTBF in Belgium- They are the national broadcaster covering French speaking Belgium.
    http://www.rtbf.be/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RTBF

Thanks for posting @defke
  • Options
    Google Translate:

Twenty-second in the Championship ( English D2) , Charlton not breathing form. The fans are obviously not happy with the results and attack the owner Roland Duchâtelet . As seen in the video below, the former president of Standard has indeed been a lively protest on Saturday before the match won against Sheffield Wednesday ( first win since August. ) .

Fans gathered en masse outside the stadium showed several signs expressing their dissatisfaction ( "Made in Charlton - destroyed in Belgium" ) before starting singing inviting the Belgian businessman to leave the club.

Following the poor results, Duchâtelet sacked in October the former coach Guy Luzon Standard and committed Belgian coach Karel Fraeye .
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Standard's accounts in the red: it's no longer a rich club

10 November 2015

The balance sheet of the Liege club for the season 2014-15 (when Roland Duchatelet was chairman) has just been published. The figures are always interesting at Sclessin. Notably, they show that the equity value of Standard (i.e. the club's worth) fell from 28 million euros to 10.3 million.

For the 2014-15 season, Standard finished with a net loss of 6.67 million euros. In 2013-14, the Liege club had a net profit of 915,000 euros.

There was a big operating loss, amounting to 12 million euros - "because of Duchatelet's multi-club policy", according to the new leadership of Standard. Standard's revenue was 36.8 million in 2014-15, but it spent much more, 48.75 million. To compensate for this hole, players must be sold.

The equity value is worrying. Standard's equity value (the value of the club) fell from 28 million euros to 10.3 million. Also, debts rose from 25 to 33 million euros. Why? There is a figure of 10 million euros owed to Roland Duchatelet in the debts column of the club. Otherwise, Bruno Venanzi would not have been able to buy the Liege club. Standard will repay this sum to Roland Duchatelet over the next five years (2 million per year).

http://7sur7.be/7s7/fr/31262/Ligue-Jupiler/article/detail/2519784/2015/11/10/Les-comptes-du-Standard-dans-le-rouge-il-n-est-plus-un-club-riche.dhtml
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Een deel van de Standardfans keerde zich tegen Roland Duchâtelet, die wat later Standard verkocht aan Bruno Venanzi. Bij zijn Engelse club Charlton Athletic waren er vorige week ook protestacties. "Dat raakt mij niet", stelt de 69-jarige zakenman.

"Ik heb al veel meegemaakt in mijn leven en ben het gewoon geraakt dat mensen mij beschuldigen van vanalles", stelt Roland Duchâtelet in Sportweekend.

"Dat raakt mij niet. Je kan er toch niet veel aan doen. En wat is de waarde? Mensen die niet geïnformeerd zijn, die er minder van kennen dan jezelf, komen je zeggen dat je een onnozelaar bent."
  • Options
    short -
    doesen'matter all those protest -
  • Options

defke said:

never one believes me when i told - RD just for money and he take charlton also down just like Standard- and you will see - if there are demostrations he go to invest a few players to calm down the fans

You are correct ,hi Roland.
  • Options
    defke said:

Een deel van de Standardfans keerde zich tegen Roland Duchâtelet, die wat later Standard verkocht aan Bruno Venanzi. Bij zijn Engelse club Charlton Athletic waren er vorige week ook protestacties. "Dat raakt mij niet", stelt de 69-jarige zakenman.

"Ik heb al veel meegemaakt in mijn leven en ben het gewoon geraakt dat mensen mij beschuldigen van vanalles", stelt Roland Duchâtelet in Sportweekend.

"Dat raakt mij niet. Je kan er toch niet veel aan doen. En wat is de waarde? Mensen die niet geïnformeerd zijn, die er minder van kennen dan jezelf, komen je zeggen dat je een onnozelaar bent."

Part of the Standard fans turned against Roland Duchâtelet, which later sold to Standard Bruno Venanzi. At his English club Charlton Athletic were last week protests. "It does not touch me," the 69-year-old businessman.

"I've been through a lot in my life and am just touched that people accuse me of vanalles" Roland Duchâtelet sets Sportweekend.

"It does not get. I You can do so much not to. And what is the value? People who are uninformed, who know less than yourself, are you saying that you are a fool