Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The club's proposal for new look player of the year

Comments

• Options
    stonemuse said:

IT_Andy said:

Notes from the Fans Forum says "KM noted that the suggestion of an afternoon event was up for discussion and at this stage is just a proposal, and the club’s preference to attract more children to the event."

It would appear to be more lies from KM, nothing changes.

Daisy trying to bulldozer it through.

It must stay independent or the fans withdraw their work and support.
    As well as their trophies. They are ours, not the club's.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:

The irony is that Jean is actually the current Supporter of the Year !

Does anything prevent us from voting for her two years running?
    As far as I recall, it's not a supporter vote. But could be wrong.
  • Options

To many, PoTY has always been a significant date in the calendar, a Charlton institution, one of our valued and resonant traditions. When player/fan relations are increasingly stage-managed or otherwise channelled through social media, events such as PoTY are pleasingly informal and on a human scale.

The remorseless churn of the roster every summer distances us from the players. Seasoned players who arrive seldom get the chance to become true legends - a week's exploits might make them temporary heroes but in the end they are mostly discarded as faded mercenaries. Young players who emerge through our wonderful youth system, if they survive the brutal process of that big step up, are served up far too soon as fresh meat to tempt the Prem palate. The rare opportunity to meet all the guys face-to-face is therefore a most welcome one.

Under the present owner fans have become disposable, coaches expendable and players mere merchandise. There was guarded criticism at the weekend of STVVers' alleged apathy - well, they have had 10 more years of occupation than we have, so can anyone look ahead to CAFC 2027 and honestly say that we would be much different ?

So, we must treasure what is still salvageable, honour our heritage, cherish our identity and never give up until better days are here. We owe nothing less to ourselves, to those who built the club before us, and to the future Addicks who will carry forward our legacy.

Conceding ANY ground on PoTY, and that includes all the accredited organisers, is one more step towards the ultimate demise of this special club. Its life's blood is steadily being replaced by pure poison, circulating through every artery. Awful times, for sure, but I can truly say there are no finer comrades-in-arms with which to share them. Never prouder to be an Addick - will NEVER be anything else.

Brilliant stuff!
  • Options

To many, PoTY has always been a significant date in the calendar, a Charlton institution, one of our valued and resonant traditions. When player/fan relations are increasingly stage-managed or otherwise channelled through social media, events such as PoTY are pleasingly informal and on a human scale.

The remorseless churn of the roster every summer distances us from the players. Seasoned players who arrive seldom get the chance to become true legends - a week's exploits might make them temporary heroes but in the end they are mostly discarded as faded mercenaries. Young players who emerge through our wonderful youth system, if they survive the brutal process of that big step up, are served up far too soon as fresh meat to tempt the Prem palate. The rare opportunity to meet all the guys face-to-face is therefore a most welcome one.

Under the present owner fans have become disposable, coaches expendable and players mere merchandise. There was guarded criticism at the weekend of STVVers' alleged apathy - well, they have had 10 more years of occupation than we have, so can anyone look ahead to CAFC 2027 and honestly say that we would be much different ?

So, we must treasure what is still salvageable, honour our heritage, cherish our identity and never give up until better days are here. We owe nothing less to ourselves, to those who built the club before us, and to the future Addicks who will carry forward our legacy.

Conceding ANY ground on PoTY, and that includes all the accredited organisers, is one more step towards the ultimate demise of this special club. Its life's blood is steadily being replaced by pure poison, circulating through every artery. Awful times, for sure, but I can truly say there are no finer comrades-in-arms with which to share them. Never prouder to be an Addick - will NEVER be anything else.

Brilliant stuff!
    Hear Hear! Good to see that GlassHalfFull's nasty fall on Sunday hasn't impaired his ability to post such an eloquent comment!
  • Options
    iainment said:

I'm so glad I've never been interested in these sort of events. I think I might have exploded otherwise.
    :-)

I heard the marketing man on the centre circle did.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Will there be time for Roland's dancing after the game?

Don't know the background to this, but surely anyone with half a brain and experience of managing people would understand that if you wish to change a process then the best way is to consult with those directly involved first, get them on your side, then communicate a joint vision.

From all of your comments this appears to have gone down the "I know best" I'll just dictate route. If it has then the only outcome will be to piss off all those who have dedicated time to organising this in the past and make it less likely to succeed.
  • Options
    If there is no Fanny present...then I'm boycotting that too...!!!,who does that Meire think she is...apart from fookin deluded & pathetic...!!!
  • Options
    It all sounds wrong to me.

Whether it happens differently at other clubs or not, the POTY awards at Charlton are a fan organised event, with the club allowing the players to attend because it's in everyone's best interests.

Changes to a successful format are always going to be given a degree of scrutiny. Unnecessary changes that appear to have a petulant element to them are likely to go down very badly, I am sure there will be some sort of negative repercussion.
  • Options

I suggest the answer is in our hands. If JH is not allowed to be part of it, or they try to manipulate it to their favour, then we boycott it.

Surely, this is something we can all boycott?

What a nasty, petulant child she is! PR have kept her muzzled for a while so she hits out like this! Oh dear, how silly you look KM.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    She's been sniffing around the POTY do for a while. This statement doesn't surprise me in the least.

Pathetic. Again.
  • Options
    What usually happens for POTY when the final match of the season is on a Sunday?
  • Options

I suppose that having it after the last game means getting all the loanees to go. They won't be very interested in the spirit of the occasion anyway. KM is getting all the flak here but I smell a rat behind it all. Just a hunch.

I suppose that having it after the last game means getting all the loanees to go. They won't be very interested in the spirit of the occasion anyway. KM is getting all the flak here but I smell a rat behind it all. Just a hunch.

If there are protests during or after the last game then the club could use it as a tool against CARD et al when they have to cancel to POTY event. Maybe too much the conspiracy theorist in me but that must have come into their thinking.
  • Options
    That's brilliant Algarve, well done.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I am convinced that when she finally leaves she will get a bigger job due to the fact she is a women.

How ever inept she is at her job she will always be defended by people who just want to praise because of her gender.