Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match thread: Accrington v Charlton | Sat 18 Aug 2018

18910111214»

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2018
    SDAddick said:

Croydon said:

ross1 said:

Not good enough
    We have a very thin squad without the ability to change a game ......
    Our game changers are still in full time residency in the Treatment Room.

All of them.

• Options
    When you consider the size of the squad we shouldn't expect too much. Bowyer is doing ok, but we do need to hold onto our leads better. The stats are damning in that respect!
  • Options
    Thanks for the updates - much appreciated. We need to learn how to shut up shop - these late goals have cost us so much in the last couple of years.
  • Options
    Struggling against Accrington - a new low?
  • Options
    I think it is more about getting the second than shutting up shop. When you play a bit safer, you lose that bit of flair that gets you goals. Against Accrington Stanley, it is worth trying to win the game 3-0 I think.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

SDAddick said:

Croydon said:

ross1 said:

Not good enough
    We have a very thin squad without the ability to change a game ......
    Our game changers are still in full time residency in the Treatment Room.

All of them.

Yup. And once they start to trickle back in maybe things will change. But it's not like we've created loads of chances and then gotten sucker punched. We've actually been rather clinical this year, and just not had either the fitness or the focus or the tactical awareness to see games out. With the team we're putting out at the moment there is not a lot of creativity. I think midtable is a fair, if not pretty good, reflection of it.
  • Options

Were getting what we deserve. Nothing unlucky about it. More quality play and taking chances is all that's needed. We don't have a terrible team just not good enough to be topping the table

And we all know who's to blame for that.
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

Phew! We hung on desperately for a point against, erm .... Accrington Stanley.

Who are they?
    Exactly
  • Options
    Both us and them got battered on Tuesday in the cup so result about right I think
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oakster said:

On paper not a great result given the gulf in size/history between the two teams but I still believe LB has the experience and drive to get the most out of the terrible hand Duchatalatet has handed him. Give him time, the improvement in League results since he took over from the useless nitwit before him is there to see - he needs time & support. I feel this is the closest we have been to the true Charlton spirit for years.

Does "true Charlton spirit" just mean managed by a former player?
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Oakster said:

On paper not a great result given the gulf in size/history between the two teams but I still believe LB has the experience and drive to get the most out of the terrible hand Duchatalatet has handed him. Give him time, the improvement in League results since he took over from the useless nitwit before him is there to see - he needs time & support. I feel this is the closest we have been to the true Charlton spirit for years.

Does "true Charlton spirit" just mean managed by a former player?
    No.
  • Options
    Two valuable points lost in the clubs fight against relegation. Pompey and Posh seem to be taking it seriously. Have the feeling that this may be another season when all one has to do is have a well run football club, and well in with a chance! Meanwhile, EFL allows Euroscum to screw up our heritage.........
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. Over to the post-match thread.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!