Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I Love Charlton Athletic

2»

Comments

• Options

I suppose I must, I know some have suffered a lot longer than I, but I started watching Charlton as a 6 year old during the season 1958 / 1959 meaning I’ve done 60 years. Started out like many others standing on that east terrace with my brother, being a true Charlton supporter we travelled by train from Dartford, just the two off us. Can’t remember what year but one of the first games I remember was a brilliant 0-0 draw with I think Southampton, loads of incidents with both teams hitting the post and bar.

Total Respect
  • Options
    This is my 60th season too.
    We are 113 years old, so I have supported us for more than half of our existence.
    It been a labour of love.....that’s for sure.
  • Options

We are 113 years old, so I have supported us for more than half of our existence.

60th season top respect.
    Only 53 for me.
  • Options

60th season top respect.
    Only 53 for me.
    Bloody Johnny come lately :wink: …... HNY mate.
  • Options
    Yes, never thought of like that sound as, that put our labour of love into some perspective.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

60th season top respect.
    Only 53 for me.
    Bloody Johnny come lately :wink: …... HNY mate.
    You to mate.
    Catch up soon.
  • Options
    53 years for me too. First game friendly against ASO Ostend (think that's who they were). Will never forget walking up the old mud hill at the Jimmy Seed end and seeing that stunning pitch - under floodlights it looked like a billiard table. I know we won 2-0 and they played in all black! Unheard of in those days. Think I might still have the programme.
  • Options
    15th of October 1977 my first ever game so just over 41 years for me.

Winning 4-1 that day against Tottenham truly had me hooked to our club.

It all seemed so much easier then.
  • Options
    This would have been my 50th season however been boycotting for the last three due to Roland. Not coming back until he has gone and I am not optimistic with all the hype in the takeover thread.

#notapennymore
  • Options
    November 1963 first game for me