Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton fans away at Peterborough in clockwork orange gear

2»

Comments

• Options
    Was the Clockwork Orange get up just  a Charlton thing or were lots doing it ?
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    Martin White lives in Thailand these days but via social media we chat often .He told me this morning the pic was taken in Welling and also in the pic is Sean the Punk ! Haven't seen him in decades
    Date of pic he thinks is 1979
    1979 matches the other fashions and we also didn't play Posh after than until the 1990s
    You are actually wrong. This was a pre season friendly after 1979 and the boys in the picture had all been drinking in the Green Man Welling .I know because I met up with them later in the day .
    thanks, i stand corrected
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Oggy Red said:
    more like 1983 ---the first clockwork Orange gig was away to Plymouth around 1973 tho

March 3rd 1973 5-0 defeat went down on supporters train still have ticket and newspaper report.

Speaking to Colin Cameron and Alan Honey many years later about this trip , both on the same train.

Yeah, Plymouth away was the first time that I remember. They marched in formation from the station up the hill to the football ground, white coats and bowler hats. On the way back, loads of Argyle on the road footbridge by the station bombing them from above with bricks and bottles.

Richie Bowman making his debut and Mick Kearns in goal (on loan from Walsall, I think);
    Out thought and out fought, bad day at the office.

But good mixing with the players on the train back; delayed at Taunton for quite a while, very late back into Paddington.
    One of the directors, David White I think, gave me a lift back to Welling, where I was living back then.

Seems a long while ago now!

David White was still at school in 1973 and probably only just left a couple of years before 1979.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Was the Clockwork Orange get up just  a Charlton thing or were lots doing it ?
    Cardiff I think it was done it at Charlton one year and had a tear up  with the Charlton clockwork Orange mob at the valley 
  • Options
    Remember the big fella (Mark Pitts?). Was he one of the Welling skinheads? RIP 
  • Options
    Mark Pitman next to Selwyn
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    more like 1983 ---the first clockwork Orange gig was away to Plymouth around 1973 tho

March 3rd 1973 5-0 defeat went down on supporters train still have ticket and newspaper report.

Speaking to Colin Cameron and Alan Honey many years later about this trip , both on the same train.

Yeah, Plymouth away was the first time that I remember. They marched in formation from the station up the hill to the football ground, white coats and bowler hats. On the way back, loads of Argyle on the road footbridge by the station bombing them from above with bricks and bottles.

Richie Bowman making his debut and Mick Kearns in goal (on loan from Walsall, I think);
    Out thought and out fought, bad day at the office.

But good mixing with the players on the train back; delayed at Taunton for quite a while, very late back into Paddington.
    One of the directors, David White I think, gave me a lift back to Welling, where I was living back then.

Seems a long while ago now!

David White was still at school in 1973 and probably only just left a couple of years before 1979.
    Fuck me David white must’ve had an up hill paper round 😭😭😭 he looks 80 

@brunello
  • Options
    Jon2461 said:
    Think it was 1979 as a lot of Cafc bunked the fares back to London where Arsenal were having it with Liverpool after the charity shield we were going after the scousers. Alot of us were nicked outside Euston station by the spg.Only reason I say 79 is cause I went to court and was told get a career by the next time you are in front of me or go to Dc. I joined the Army the following year. Not glorifying It I was young but some good lads I still see occasionally now some 37 years on.
    Good times supporting a Club I loved then as I do now.
    Rip Pitsy,Duncan,Dave,Keith. 

Is that Dave Jenkins and Keith Giles

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    DA9DA9
    edited February 2019
    redbuttle said:
    Jon2461 said:
    Think it was 1979 as a lot of Cafc bunked the fares back to London where Arsenal were having it with Liverpool after the charity shield we were going after the scousers. Alot of us were nicked outside Euston station by the spg.Only reason I say 79 is cause I went to court and was told get a career by the next time you are in front of me or go to Dc. I joined the Army the following year. Not glorifying It I was young but some good lads I still see occasionally now some 37 years on.

Keith Harris RIP 1992
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    Jon2461 said:

Nice post Fella
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    Jon2461 said:

Think he means Dave Taylor. Dave Jenkins is alive and well - I bumped into him in Sainsburys last week.
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    Jon2461 said:

Think he means Dave Taylor. Dave Jenkins is alive and well - I bumped into him in Sainsburys last week.
    Thanks. Glad he's still alive and well .