Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Addicks fans voted best EFL League 1 fans 2018/19.

According to “League 1 polls”.
Not heard of this organisation or if it’s a spoof.......anyone know if this is genuine?

Comments

• Whoop Whoop 🙌 
  • Well deserved 
  • Richly deserved, so many great away days last year and the Doncaster Valley play off I will never forget. 

Something happened around the Northampton/Pompey away games the year before last and as others have said the atmosphere at away games has massively improved. 

Really looking forward to following Charlton on the road again next season regardless of the off field issues. 

Fixtures out this weekend and looking forward to planning a few weekends away.
  • Sponsored links:

• It looks Legit - Only reason to doubt it if Roland got voted best owner!
  • We got a personality last year but and its a big BUT it’s easy when you’re winning and getting promoted.
    lets see where we’re at having lost 5 on the bounce and going to Barnsley away on a Tuesday in December 
    Didn’t you predict we were going to lose the playoff final too?
  • What are the criteria for this award?
    Is it purely on vocal support (home/away)?
    Or does it cover wider issues, such as whether visiting fans respect the home stadium, or trash the bogs?

We often claim to have fewer arsehole fans than some other clubs, but a minority do still manage to sully our reputation on occasion.
  • We got a personality last year but and its a big BUT it’s easy when you’re winning and getting promoted.
    lets see where we’re at having lost 5 on the bounce and going to Barnsley away on a Tuesday in December 
    Floundering around the bottom six on a permanent basis will bring us back to the regular 500 turnouts.
  • N01R4M said:
    What are the criteria for this award?
    Is it purely on vocal support (home/away)?
    Or does it cover wider issues, such as whether visiting fans respect the home stadium, or trash the bogs?

We often claim to have fewer arsehole fans than some other clubs, but a minority do still manage to sully our reputation on occasion.
    Votes on Twitter 
  • A nice accolade none the less.
  • it was voted for by fans of League One clubs. There was a big thread on it, where all 24 teams started and eventually all teams were knocked out. In the first group we knocked out Burton and Southend, qualified with Blackpool. Then in second group, qualified with Luton, knocked out Blackpool. Then in quarter final beat Sunderland, semi final beat Oxford and Portsmouth in the final. The earlier rounds got a few hundred votes, then in semi final over 2,300 votes for Charlton v Oxford and in final 1,500 votes- if you're interested in how big an audience decided. First tweet of the the thread is attached for anyone who wants to scroll through it. 
  • I like to think that 
    1) There will be an extra 5000 at the Valley next year,making the atmosphere even better than it was on many occasions last year
    2) I am not an avid away follower,but with the many better stadiums and increased allocations,I bet that our away support will be up there with the best even if the team is struggling.(Barnsley on a tuesday night in December is not a guide)
  • In terms of atmosphere generated by away fans, we definitely deserve this. As others have said, it's not just this season, last season at Pompey was incredible and we've continued the support.
  • Sponsored links:

• TEL said:
    I video’d the teams as they came out at the Valley for the semi and it’s truly something I haven’t experienced before. The noise and intensity was exceptional.
    Fancy posting that @TEL ?
  • ReeCAFC15 said:
    it was voted for by fans of League One clubs. There was a big thread on it, where all 24 teams started and eventually all teams were knocked out. In the first group we knocked out Burton and Southend, qualified with Blackpool. Then in second group, qualified with Luton, knocked out Blackpool. Then in quarter final beat Sunderland, semi final beat Oxford and Portsmouth in the final. The earlier rounds got a few hundred votes, then in semi final over 2,300 votes for Charlton v Oxford and in final 1,500 votes- if you're interested in how big an audience decided. First tweet of the the thread is attached for anyone who wants to scroll through it. 
    How do they know you are not just voting for your own team ?
  • edited June 2019
    I like to think that 
    1) There will be an extra 5000 at the Valley next year,making the atmosphere even better than it was on many occasions last year
    2) I am not an avid away follower,but with the many better stadiums and increased allocations,I bet that our away support will be up there with the best even if the team is struggling.(Barnsley on a tuesday night in December is not a guide)
    Reckon if we do OK we will definitely get an extra 5,000 on the average home attendance but doubt very much whether we would be up there with the best in terms of away numbers. 
  • Portsmouth away two seasons ago was electric, probably the best away support I've been involved in bar the two play-off finals.  Not even the 10,000 at Man U away in the cup matched it for intensity.
  • Portsmouth away two seasons ago was electric, probably the best away support I've been involved in bar the two play-off finals.  Not even the 10,000 at Man U away in the cup matched it for intensity.
    I hope we can continue this onto this season. we will need that bond with the fans and players more than ever this season. 
  • Can someone tie Roland up and force him to look this....in the style of clockwork Orange
  • We knew we're the best all along but it's nice to be acknowledged by such an august body as, what were they called again?
    Stick it in the trophy cabinet with all the other cups, medals and regalia, if there's room.
    We'll be collecting the Championship award in 12 months time too.
  • TEL said:
    I video’d the teams as they came out at the Valley for the semi and it’s truly something I haven’t experienced before. The noise and intensity was exceptional.
    Fancy posting that @TEL ?
    Not sure how to post a video mate.