Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jobi McAnuff turns us down

edited January 2009 in General Charlton
http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/4069357.McAnuff_turns_down_Charlton_move/

Comments

• Options
    Shame - used to be quite useful
  • Options
    Yeah great turned down by the Watford Lionel Messi :o(
  • Options
    Oh how times change...eighteen months back he'd have ripped his arm off for the chance to move to us!
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited January 2009
    So as this guy has turned us down is it one that has got away and what are the Board doing? ;-)

If he had signed:

Why are we buying rubbish like this, he is no better than we have already got. ;-)

Sounds like JT/Bouazza:

"You have got the ability when you can be bothered, what we need is a bit more commitment from you."
  • Options
    I am in mourning how desperately saddening ;o)
  • Options
    another wide player though so maybe Demonatgue will get a contract after all. When are we going to get a fecking striker in though. I want to be reading that we've been turned down by Scowcroft, Akinbiyi, Fowler, JFH etc etc.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]So as this guy has turned us down is it one that has got away and what are the Board doing? ;-)

If he had signed:

Why are we buying rubbish like this, he is no better than we have already got. ;-)

WSS, may i suggest you change your password, as Henry Irving has managed to hack into your account.

:-)
  • Options
    lol
  • Options
    If we go for Ade Akinbiyi we might as well bring Mike Small back

Is Jason Lee available??
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]So as this guy has turned us down is it one that has got away and what are the Board doing? ;-)

If he had signed:

WSS, may i suggest you change your password, as Henry Irving has managed to hack into your account.

:-)

I hate sarcasm
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2009
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]If we go for Ade Akinbiyi we might as well bring Mike Small back

Is Jason Lee available??
    I'd snap someone's f***ing arm off for Jason Lee right now. In fact, I'd have Jason Orange at the moment, he couldn't be any worse than Deon Burton or Andy Gray
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Lol, nice one Leroy, your comment about Jason Orange brought a well overdue smile to my face.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]If we go for Ade Akinbiyi we might as well bring Mike Small back

Is Jason Lee available??
    I'd snap someone's f***ing arm off for Jason Lee right now. In fact, I'd have Jason Orange at the moment, he couldn't be any worse than Deon Burton or Andy Gray

Ha ha brilliant!
  • Options
    Well i've just about had a McAnuff of this
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]

Is Jason Lee available??

Ha ha brilliant!

LOL
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]another wide player though so maybe Demonatgue will get a contract after all. When are we going to get a fecking striker in though. I want to be reading that we've been turned down by Scowcroft, Akinbiyi, Fowler, JFH etc etc.

Palace fan at cricket nets last night reckons Scowcroft is definitely coming to us.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    please tell me that's not true. We at least want someone who has a chance of scoring a goal or, if at all posssible, two.
  • Options
    Scowcroft will be leading the line next season........Locked on
  • Options
    Watford have revealed that underperforming winger Jobi McAnuff has turned down a loan move to Charlton Athletic after the Hornets accepted an offer for the wingless wideman.

McAnuff, who is reportedly the highest earner at Vicarage Road and the club money men are keen to get him off the wage bill but Jobi is apparently happy in WD18 and isn`t at all keen on a move to the Championship`s bottom placed club.

Well, you wouldn`t be if you`re picking up a huge salary for failing to beat your man or put in a decent cross each and every week.

Speaking through the Watford Observer, Brendan Rodgers said of Jobi`s South London snub "Clubs at this time are looking to players and Charlton was one of the clubs that asked about Jobi. But Jobi is happy where he is at the moment. Unless something suits him and the club then he won't be going."

A VitalWatford fans poll want Jobi out - a staggering 73% of fans suggested that the former Palace, Wombles and Cardiff wideman should be moved on in January.
  • Options
    Why are we only interested in people with stupid names!!??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And underperforming players whose own fans want rid?!?!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]And underperforming players whose own fans want rid?!?!

Haven't we already got a team made up of underperforming players?

Why would we want another one ....?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]Why are we only interested in people with stupid names!!??

Well do you really want a Danny Smith ??
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Riscardo[/cite]

He ain't too popular amongst his own fans either !!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]And underperforming players whose own fans want rid?!?!

Haven't we already got a team made up of underperforming players?

Why would we want another one ....?

Indeed...

I appreciate that when taking on loanees you invariably are going to take players who can't make the grade at their current clubs, are coming back from injury, or are just plain over-the-hill, but this is smacking of desperation.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Riscardo[/cite]

He ain't too popular amongst his own fans either !!!

It's tough at the top
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]but this is smacking of desperation.

It is, same with Soares and Murty. Desperately trying to get players in with that bit more quality.

Getting them for a month, possibly being able to extend it another month or two isn't much good though.
  • Options
    Oh well!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]but this is smacking of desperation.

It is, same with Soares and Murty. Desperately trying to get players in with that bit more quality.

Getting them for a month, possibly being able to extend it another month or two isn't much good though.

Soares is a quality player who hasn't quite made it at Villa, Murty at 34 though and coming back from a long injury lay-off smacks of us being the useful fall guys to get him up to match fitness for Reading.
  • Options
    Jobi set up all of watfords goals on sat and got man of the match