Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Akin Famewo

Comments

• Options
    Depends how early “early December” is.
    But we only play 2 league games in November.
  • Options
    Obviously a disappointment to lose him but it's not exactly come at the worst time.

For 2 of those weeks we don't even have a league game then we play Gillingham, Burton, MK Dons and Shrewsbury. Not exactly the divisions powerhouses.

If he could be back for the Wimbledon game on the 12th then that'd be fine as then we play every 3-4 days through to the new year and will probably need some rotation.
  • Options
    That is not ideal. I think he's the most important piece of that defence so we'll miss him. Evans showed that Inniss can get pulled about a bit by more intelligent and mobile strikers so we will need to be very switched on without Akin. Hopefully we'll just carry on our improved scoring to counterbalance it
  • Options
    Plus we may well need to get used to playing without him anyway if Norwich plan to recall him.

I'd imagine Gallen has already been on the phone asking Norwich about their plans and looking at other potential CB signings for January just in case.
  • Options
    I'm not sure how people arrive to the conclusion that playing 2 games in November alongside the International break means we'll have a fully fit squad come our next league game.

Have we forgotten how we lost our start striker (and season) around this point in time last year? 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    I'm not sure how people arrive to the conclusion that playing 2 games in November alongside the International break means we'll have a fully fit squad come our next league game.

Have we forgotten how we lost our start striker (and season) around this point in time last year? 
    Who has said that? 

I doubt anyone expects us to have a fully fit squad ever, as there's always another injury round the corner for someone. The sort of club that'd have a player put his back out reaching for the tv remote.
  • Options
    An influential player gets injured at a non critical time of the season - exactly as it has at dozens of other Clubs.

The lads good, but he's no Rufus/Gomez. He'll be back when he's good and ready and that's something to look forward to.
  • Options
    Expected worse. Will miss him but strong possibility that Norwich will call him back in January anyway. Hopefully the injury will be 4 weeks max.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think this might be  a blessing in disguise. Norwich sent him for game time. With less game time due to injury it reduces his chances of being recalled I reckon. Don't forget, Norwich sent him to us for a full season, thinking they'll automatically recall because he's had a few good games is not guaranteed. Besides, having watched Gallen's interview, I'm convinced he could persuade any club to loan us anyone now!! "Lee said we were missing a bit up front so I called up Kloppy about their boy Salah..."
  • Options
    I think he's equally as important as Innis. He doesn't stand out as much as Innis but he just goes about his job very well. That said if he was going to be injured now is the best time, hopefully comes back a bit refreshed ready for the Christmas period.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    Thanks Dazzler, so it's pronounced Akin Famwo, with a silent e.
    Sorted.
    Ventokele still grinds my gears. 
    You fancy him?
    https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/grind_one's_gears
    Why use three words when a proper word is clearer, especially when criticising someone else’s bad English?
    Whatever.
    Really annoying when someone is so petty isn’t it. 😉
  • Options
    Our only real ball playing CB. Obviously Deji is good on the ball but in a different way - more of a fullback dribbling and crossing way rather than a passing and starting moves way. 

Innis and Pearce as a pairing whilst defensively solid will be a little on the slow side and agricultural at best with the ball at their feet.
  • Options
    mendonca said:

Who has said that? 

I doubt anyone expects us to have a fully fit squad ever, as there's always another injury round the corner for someone. The sort of club that'd have a player put his back out reaching for the tv remote.
    We did have a player once, that fell through a glass coffee table at home.

Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiish.

• Options
    mendonca said:

After reading the tread,  nobody has said that. The view is that no game for two weeks then relatively weak opponents = softens the blow
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    mendonca said:

After reading the tread,  nobody has said that. The view is that no game for two weeks then relatively weak opponents = softens the blow
    I'm just absorbing thought from multiple threads, rather than this specific one. Like I don't understand why so many want to lose this Saturday so we can concentrate on just the league and marginalize our fringe and youth players to just U23 football. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    mendonca said:

I'm just absorbing thought from multiple threads, rather than this specific one. Like I don't understand why so many want to lose this Saturday so we can concentrate on just the league and marginalize our fringe and youth players to just U23 football. 
    £10 a match is getting expensive. I want us to lose so I've got a few quid left over for Christmas.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mendonca said:
    mendonca said:

Agreed, we can do without a run to the semis but this gives an opportunity to the youngsters and fringe players to get fit.

I would rather MB gets three games in goal
    in cup games to give him a bit of experience if Amos gets injured or suspended. 

I won’t be bothered if we don’t win but I’m not going to be wearing green and eating ginsters sausage rolls tomorrow at 3pm
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    mendonca said:
    mendonca said:

I won’t be bothered if we don’t win but I’m not going to be wearing green and eating ginsters sausage rolls tomorrow at 3pm
    Ginsters, yuk. No Cornish people eat them.

We'm got properrrr paasties. :smile:

• Options
    Gutted to hear Akin is out for a while, he’s been brilliant for us, is he out till start or end end of December?
  • Options
    Gutted to hear Akin is out for a while, he’s been brilliant for us, is he out till start or end end of December?
    LB said about four weeks
  • Options
    Why does everyone seem to think Norwich are going to recall him in January? His loan runs for the season. And he looks good, but I don't know that he would walk into a Championship side.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Why does everyone seem to think Norwich are going to recall him in January? His loan runs for the season. And he looks good, but I don't know that he would walk into a Championship side.
    I believe they have injury problems themselves in defence so maybe could use him cine January. But no worries as by then I expect he will have picked up a new injury that will keep him out until March...🙂
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    We don’t play many games in November though, do we?
    Gillingham and Burton will be tough / physical games but might be the sort where we want Inniss and Pearce
    That makes it sound like we wouldn't have wanted Famewo. Which we would.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    SDAddick said:

Any loan player who does well for Charlton is considers a world beater ! Connor Gallagher was sublime for Charlton but hearing on CL that he was going to be a future England Captain was a tad premature. 
    I haven't seen Famewo (I was watching grass roots football) but pleased to hear he started well along side the Beast Inniss.

There could be a chance if Norwich have injuries to a couple of CB's, that the small print say, they could recall.

I have seen Ruud Maatsen play twice and he is a tremendous prospect but I don't see Chelsea recalling a LB from us unless they decide to get him a championship loan for 5 months ? Chelsea have form for stitching Cafc up.

Great work from Steve Gallen again in getting Akin and Ian after Connor last season.
    Hopefully both Famewo and Maatsen enjoy a full season at cafc. 
  • Options
    I'm more worried that Luton realise they dont have any midfielders as good as Shinnie and recalling him.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!