Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Akin Famewo

Comments

• Options
    SDAddick said:
    Why does everyone seem to think Norwich are going to recall him in January? His loan runs for the season. And he looks good, but I don't know that he would walk into a Championship side.
    I believe they have injury problems themselves in defence so maybe could use him cine January. But no worries as by then I expect he will have picked up a new injury that will keep him out until March...🙂
    Norwich have also got £25m in the bank from flogging Godfrey to Everton.

Surely, they've been doing their homework and earmarked budget for a ready made quality replacement.
    They do want promotion, don't they?

• Options
    Looks like a good sign unless he is just popping in his Doctors certificate for another 2 weeks ?
  • Options
    Hopefully he's actually back in contact training and not just turning up for some physio work
  • Options
    Hopefully he's actually back in contact training and not just turning up for some physio work
    Bowyer said the other day that he's back on the grass

Of course he wont have played since Portsmouth though so will have already started losing fitness both in endurance and most likely in the leg muscles so guess its all about getting back to that stage now where he can play.

With Gilbey being thrown in so quickly though I wouldnt be surprised if we see Famewo quicker than expected
  • Options
    Past life for Famewo born Nov 9, 1998

I do not know how you feel about it, but you were a male in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Ireland approximately on 1525. Your profession was seaman, dealer, businessman, and broker.

Psychologically, you had a Bohemian personality - mysterious, highly gifted, capable of understanding ancient books. Magical abilities, could be a servant of dark forces. Your problem - to learn to love and to trust the Universe. You are bound to think, study, reflect and develop inner wisdom.

.......... I was only trying to find out he pronunciation of his name but found this. I wonder if he knows.
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    Bowyer said the other day that he's back on the grass

Of course he wont have played since Portsmouth though so will have already started losing fitness both in endurance and most likely in the leg muscles so guess its all about getting back to that stage now where he can play.

With Gilbey being thrown in so quickly though I wouldnt be surprised if we see Famewo quicker than expected
    Bad news if true and not what you'd expect from a professional footballer.
    Thank God it's not a Dominos though
  • Options
    Just after the picture was taken he twisted his ankle in a pot hole in the car park.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    iaitch said:
    Just after the picture was taken he twisted his ankle in a pot hole in the car park.
    Honestly, the things people do to just get Christmas off ;)
  • Options
    Looks like a good sign unless he is just popping in his Doctors certificate for another 2 weeks ?
    Don’t even joke Sam!!
  • Options
    Desperately need Akin back on the pitch ASAP and next 
    Wednesday  would be a result, hopefully Pierce will be
    back to full fitness to partner him at the back, and get
    Gunter back to his RB position.
  • Options
    Pearce and Famewo are both left-sided. Bow normally likes a left sided and a right sided in tandem at CB.

• Options
    edited November 2020
    Oggy Red said:
    Pearce and Famewo are both left-sided. Bow normally likes a left sided and a right sided in tandem at CB.

I appreciate all you say, and in an ideal world anything is possible
    but this is not an ideal world as far as Saturday is concerned, and
    needs must prevail, and the pairing is only a suggestion?
    We don't have an awful lot of selection choices i am sorry to say :/
  • Options
    Brilliant news.

Expecting Pearce to only be used in a CB 3 when all are fit.

For now I'm sure Famewo and Pearce will be a better pairing than Gunter Pratley
  • Options
    Rubbish poem @eastterrace6168

I've re-drafted it for you:

Desperate for Akim back ASAP
    With Pearce back too, but not a back three
    Maatsen left back and Gunter the RB
    That would be a result that pleases me.
  • Options
    Bravo Bob....
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Good news if we can get as much time out of him as possible before January 

Norwich are top of the Championship, unbeaten in 9 games with a settled defence and the divisions 3rd best defensive record. Obviously we can't be sure they won't recall him as backup, but they're not exactly desperate for a defender right now.

They might decide it's better his development that he continues to get games with us. If they wanted him to sit on their bench then they surely would've just kept him in the first place?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rubbish poem @eastterrace6168

I've re-drafted it for you:

Desperate for Akim back ASAP
    With Pearce back too, but not a back three
    Maatsen left back and Gunter the RB
    That would be a result that pleases me.
    Mmmm.. Not bad 2/10 :*
  • Options
    MattF said:

Norwich are top of the Championship, unbeaten in 9 games with a settled defence and the divisions 3rd best defensive record. Obviously we can't be sure they won't recall him as backup, but they're not exactly desperate for a defender right now.

They might decide it's better his development that he continues to get games with us. If they wanted him to sit on their bench then they surely would've just kept him in the first place?
    They are also down to the bare bones defensively with a pretty substantial injury list, good chance he's going back
  • Options
    WHAddick said:
    Bravo Bob....
    -1 for spelling Famewo’s first name wrong. 
  • Options
    MattF said:
    MattF said:

They are also down to the bare bones defensively with a pretty substantial injury list, good chance he's going back
    Maybe bare bones now, but in January Norwich can go shopping for the finished article.
    They've got up to £25 mill of the Godfrey transfer fee to spend.

• Options
    Akins done well with us, I hope he stays with us until the end of the season.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    MattF said:
    MattF said:

Maybe bare bones now, but in January Norwich can go shopping for the finished article.
    They've got up to £25 mill of the Godfrey transfer fee to spend.

They can do both, come first of January they might fancy calling back some of their loans and then looking to spend a bit as well. They might see Famewo as a decent better option on the bench than what they have. Still baffled they loaned him out in the first place under their circumstances.

Really hope he stays for the season and gets regular first team football here but resigned to him leaving just in case.
  • Options
    Grasping at straws a bit but at least Famewo still working up to full fitness is that while he's not fit for us, he's also not fit if he went back so not much of a quick fix.
  • Options
    That article seems to hint that he would be here for the whole season as it would benefit his long term development. 
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    That article seems to hint that he would be here for the whole season as it would benefit his long term development. 
    City have got a lengthy injury list at the moment, including in defence, but I think they're more likely to recall Timm Klose from his loan in Switzerland than Akin; Norwich will probably want a more experienced head to help their promotion push.

Here's hoping anyway!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!