Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• Options
    paulfox said:
    So anyway I met Martin Sandgaard today.

Said they've been very busy with manager interviews.

Like a good journalist I had a  tricky follow up question  ready and asked "British or Foreign" to which he replied "it will be a person". 

So there's some important inside info for you.

1. Person doesn't rule out a woman so stick £5 on my half-sister (it's a long story) Emma Hayes.

2. He's learning to keep his mouth zipped. Someone let Conor know.
    Maybe you should have put it to him that a lot of people on CL think he and his dad are chancers and don’t what they are doing, and asked for a reply. Not my personal view but a real answer may burst a few bubbles.😂
    Think you need to clarify your definition of a chancer. Southall was a good example of what I’d call a chancer but seeing as how Sandgaard is into Charlton for around £16 million of his hard earned I’m thinking TS isn’t. 
    And nor do I, as I stated, it wasn’t my view. I will support TS  and all he brings until he does something to stop me believing he means nothing but good for us.
  • Options
    @Henry Irving, what's MS like to chat with? Easy going?
  • Options
    paulfox said:

Like a good journalist I had a  tricky follow up question  ready and asked "British or Foreign" to which he replied "it will be a person". 

1. Person doesn't rule out a woman so stick £5 on my half-sister (it's a long story) Emma Hayes.

Maybe you should have put it to him that a lot of people on CL think he and his dad are chancers and don’t what they are doing, and asked for a reply. Not my personal view but a real answer may burst a few bubbles.😂
    Think you need to clarify your definition of a chancer. Southall was a good example of what I’d call a chancer but seeing as how Sandgaard is into Charlton for around £16 million of his hard earned I’m thinking TS isn’t. 
    Shooters, I think you got the wrong end of the stick, my clarification of a chancer is the same as yours, something I don’t think sandgaard is at all. However a few on here’s opinion of TS isn’t that good. Hence my sarcasm in asking them a question they could reply to honestly and put the doubts in peoples mind to bed. Hope I’ve explained myself well enough and made it clear now.hopefully no more need for FFS’.s. Also hope Henry gets it now.
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:

Shooters, I think you got the wrong end of the stick, my clarification of a chancer is the same as yours, something I don’t think sandgaard is at all. However a few on here’s opinion of TS isn’t that good. Hence my sarcasm in asking them a question they could reply to honestly and put the doubts in peoples mind to bed. Hope I’ve explained myself well enough and made it clear now.hopefully no more need for FFS’.s. Also hope Henry gets it now.
    Fair enough but your post didn’t convey that particularly well.
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:

Ok I must become more literal, although the line’ not my personal view’ may have given away a bit of a clue.🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:

Except for the “not my personal view” bit ;) 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2022
    Or will the new manager be open to wearing one as their match day attire?
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    mendonca said:
    It was a brief chat but he seemed easy going enough

Maybe my "oh, you're the guy everyone is talking about" opening remark when introduced was slightly off putting for him but we chatted for all of about 30 seconds.

I asked a few questions I didn't really expect to get full answers to about the management situation which he answered as he should ie being polite but not telling a complete stranger anything confidential.

He was a perfectly pleasant and polite young man speaking to a, to him, random fan.

Would have loved to have spoken to him for longer but it wasn't the time or place.
    And to others?

Hallelujah Chorus, from Messiah (Music Video) - Mormon Tabernacle Choir - Bing video

The key question that was missed, of course ... who is doing the interviews?  And what are the interview questions?

Some suggestions:

1) Hej ... do you like the high press, clean sheet game?

2) Do you like players with a hard shot?

3) Do you have the same ideas as me?
  • Options
    mendonca said:

Maybe my "oh, you're the guy everyone is talking about" opening remark when introduced was slightly off putting for him but we chatted for all of about 30 seconds.

I asked a few questions I didn't really expect to get full answers to about the management situation which he answered as he should ie being polite but not telling a complete stranger anything confidential.

He was a perfectly pleasant and polite young man speaking to a, to him, random fan.

Would have loved to have spoken to him for longer but it wasn't the time or place.
    Well that’s not good enough.
    I know but I thought putting him a headlock in main reception and punching him until he gave me some names might have been counter productive 🤔 
    Was he sitting next to SG in the directors box?

I saw Ron Dangerfield in there, very recognisable, quite a snazzy dresser 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Sage said:
    Disappointed @Henry Irving missed the most important question we all would like to know, when the club get new stock in the shop, will they do cardigans?
    He was wearing a half zip jumper, the  same as i was all those years ago when that grievous libel was invented 🤣
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    mendonca said:

Well that’s not good enough.
    I know but I thought putting him a headlock in main reception and punching him until he gave me some names might have been counter productive 🤔 
    Was he sitting next to SG in the directors box?

I saw Ron Dangerfield in there, very recognisable, quite a snazzy dresser 

Possibly. Light brownish jumper.  Didn't sit near the box so didn't see him in there.
  • Options
    Oh, hopefully Nixon is just being Nixon.
  • Options
    The longer this drags on the more worried I get.
    I wonder if there is a manager in the play-offs we are interested in and the result dictates a decision.
    Wishful thinking in Gareth Ainsworth?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jack Ross being touted by Nixon.

Yes, the former Sunderland manager. 
    If he's being touted by Nixon then it's safe to say it's bollox 
    A broken clock is right twice a day #JustSaying
  • Options
    Ffs
    Is that a hint who the new manager might be.....his initials perhaps..?
  • Options
    Jack Ross being touted by Nixon.

Yes, the former Sunderland manager. 
    So if we apply to play in Scotland he could be a successful manager for us ,because  in England he hasn't really been so.
    He wasn't great at Hibs either.  My problem with him is that I remember him as miserable and or confused.  Might not be the best reason to not want someone to manage us but I want a more upbeat manager, preferably one that thinks winning is better than walking though.
  • Options
    After the game yesterday I saw Mr Dangerfield, Mr Gallen and Mr Sandgaard jr together looking pleased.
    Of the three, in visual terms Mr Dangerfield had the most presence.
  • Options
    Although having said that he took over twice relegated Sunderland, who at the time made us look almost sane, turned them around and got them to Wembley (great day), what I didn't realise was that he was sacked the following October with them in sixth.  Hardly a failure. Still would rather a lot of others in front of him though.
  • Options
    Jack rose is due to be new manager Dundee on monday 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Just add this

Sources close to #mufc’s dressing room label the standard of coaching as “well below” that of Michael Carrick and Kieran McKenna. The 4-0 loss to Brighton was no surprise considering the build-up to the match consisted of underwhelming sessions #mulive [@lauriewhitwell]

When you are doing badly it is always the coaching. It is what happes in football at all levels. When I managed and we were struggling I got lots of advice on how we should coach better, do more drills, warm up better when a player got injured etc... then when the results turned around the same coaching and approach was no longer an issue for some reason.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    After the game yesterday I saw Mr Dangerfield, Mr Gallen and Mr Sandgaard jr together looking pleased.
    Of the three, in visual terms Mr Dangerfield had the most presence.

Seth, are you trying to say Big Ronnie Dangerfield is the anchor in a tug of war team ? 
  • Options
    mendonca said:

Ha, call yourself an award winning investigative journalist!?