Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2023-24 CL Prediction League Week 1 Results

The results are coming....

Comments

• Options
    1st time having a go at this, i'm retiring now! :)
  • Options
    So pleased this is back. So disappointed I didn't gamble on 1-0 instead of 2-1 for us. 
  • Options
    Poor start by me - only 1 goal out on my Charlton prediction, but I thought I was nailed on for a Man City win at least - less said about Derby the better…..
  • Options
    Hey, I'm top of league 2!!! Probably as good as it will get this term!
  • Options
    Predicting Boro to beat Millwall and Derby to beat Wigan were both sensible, "educated" predictions. I bet the Not the Top 20 guys would have agreed with me, ditto all the bookies.

In future I'll have to be like the Hollywood stars who appear on Football Focus or similar to promote their new movie, and predict Everton to beat Arsenal 7-4 because they like the colour of their shirts more.
  • Options
    Back to my regular two points. It's the correct score that continues elude me.
    I think I'll go for 2-1 every time from now on :)
    (2-1 is the most common scoreline isn't it?)
  • Options
    2nd in the league thanks to a last minute equaliser by the Arse! 
  • Options
    If the number of players remains the same through the season then at least if you're the lowest ranked side you win a title
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I see you have reversed your ordering from last season so have to put up with being bottom of the 2s 😭
  • Options
    Finish the season now. I will be back in the national league within a couple of weeks. :)
  • Options
    Mimicking the Addicks during the Curbishley years -- mid-table (10th)
  • Options
    WHAddick said:
    I see you have reversed your ordering from last season so have to put up with being bottom of the 2s 😭
    Quite right as well :-) 
  • Options
    ... The sorting this season is back to alphabetical order, which makes my failure look even worse. If my form continues, I might change that!

Returning to alphabetical ordering was the only good thing about this weekend's performance so please don't or I'd be bottom of the National League South - whatever that is!
  • Options
    WHAddick said:
    addix said:
    ... The sorting this season is back to alphabetical order, which makes my failure look even worse. If my form continues, I might change that!

Returning to alphabetical ordering was the only good thing about this weekend's performance so please don't or I'd be bottom of the National League South - whatever that is!
    Hard to disagree with. Although it appears that I have become a victim of some sort of manipulation - less than 24 hours ago I was top of League 1 and looking forward to a promotion challenge but now I find myself bottom of the Championship and in a relegation dog fight. 
  • Options
    WHAddick said:
    addix said:

Hard to disagree with. Although it appears that I have become a victim of some sort of manipulation - less than 24 hours ago I was top of League 1 and looking forward to a promotion challenge but now I find myself bottom of the Championship and in a relegation dog fight. 
    Haha! When I first posted the League tables I made an error which shifted the positions by one. It was only there for about a minute. I think you perform better under pressure; you would only have got complacent at the top of a division 😀