Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

League One 2024/25

Comments

• Options
    Division challengers order of bookmaker odds:

- Birmingham
    - Bolton
    - Huddersfield
    - Wrexham
    - Rotherham
    - Peterborough
    - Reading
    - Barnsley
    - Charlton
    - Stockport
    - Wycombe
    - Wigan
    - Lincoln
    - Blackpool
    - Stevenage
    - Mansfield
    - Bristol Rovers
    - Leyton Orient
    - Exeter
    - Northampton
    - Shrewsbury
    - Burton
    - Cambridge
  • Options
    I don’t see Huddersfield being up there and Wrexham are going to struggle unless they throw money at that team which they might well do. 
  • Options
    The bookies essentially reflect the bets being placed. I think Orient will be higher up.
  • Options
    edited May 18
    Bolton is the interesting one for me, they’ve been consistently improving under Evatt in the last few years, but the undertones there aren’t positive. A lot of the fans have had enough of Evatt and I can see them taking a back step next year.

Birminghm’s squad on paper looks mightily strong, and I think you’re probably getting promoted if you’re above them come the end of the season.

I think Charlton are in a fair place at the moment. Arguably, Wycombe and Wigan will feel they should be above us in the current odds, though I think Wigan are struggling financially.

Are Reading clear of their woes? I am hoping someone takes their manager (Selles) from them as he deserved manager of the season last year for what he did.

Will be interesting to see if Skubala had one golden period with Lincoln or if he is the genius that little spell suggested.
  • Options
    I'm finding this really really difficult to predict. Rotherham will be there or thereabouts. Birmingham it depends on their managerial situation but I expect them to be heavy spenders regardless of who's in charge. Posh will always be up there , before their released list I'd have had Wigan and Barnsley in the mix. Huddersfield under Michael Duff should be up there too. 

Bolton I'm not convinced won't lose key players and potentially Evatt as well. 

Lincoln could be dark horses as could Stockport. 

Feels like a much stronger league in terms of depth of sides. 
  • Options
    8 or 9 new grounds there for me potentially.
    How long since we played Mansfield- 1974?
  • Options
    Played Mansfield in 2018 in the Cup
  • Options
    Can’t consider up to be promotion candidates after three years of mid table football. Only care from an away day perspective, but having effectively four new away grounds is a huge bonus. 

Usually do 10 aways a season, One a month, so plenty of good options to choose from that list of 23.  Birmingham, Wrexham & Orient are the headline games. Assume Crawley would be as well due to the novelty and location factor. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can’t consider up to be promotion candidates after three years of mid table football.
    Oxford just about avoided relegation to League Two by two points a year ago - Whilst Milton Keynes went from Play-Off Semi-Finalists to relegation
  • Options
    i think it is going to be a very tough league next season Bolton missing out has made it even more difficult. Definitely a league where I think there will be a big margin between the top 10 and the rest. Hopefully NJ can work his magic 
  • Options
    Thankfully Oxford was replaced by another localish game in Crawley. Quite a few direct trains from London at least next season. 
  • Options

• Options
    How do we make that list but Orient don't?
    Probably because Charlton have to cross the river more times than they do and that’s adding miles to each journey 
  • Options
    edited May 20
    Probably because Charlton have to cross the river more times than they do and that’s adding miles to each journey 
    Or use the same coach company as the away travel.
  • Options
    edited May 20
    Reading are the ones that surprise me more than Orient... I imagine you dont need to go as far round the M25, from the M1 though to get there - But on the Maps it definitely seems slightly further South than Charlton, and only slightly further North than Bristol.
  • Options
    edited May 20
    Here’s the full list. Orient is listed as 3169.

Orient would be 7th and Reading 8th (3076). Huddersfield 6th (3171).

• Options
    My first ever game was at Mansfield 77-78 I think. I believe it was 3-0 to us. I am reliably informed that I spent most of the game staring up at people's faces (wondering, "Is this what I've got to look forward to for the rest of my days").

Was anyone else there that day? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Following Carlisle United's relegation to League Two, next season’s longest away journey is Blackpool which, at 250 miles by road, is 65 miles closer than the trip to Brunton Park.
    League One’s biggest stadium will be Birmingham’s St. Andrew's @ Knighthead Park at 29,409. Fleetwood Town’s relegation means that, with a capacity of 6,134, Crawley Broadfield Stadium is now the smallest in the division.
    The total distance that fans will travel if they go to every away league game next season is down by 338 miles. Those doing so will rack up 6,862 miles, based on starting and ending their journeys at The Valley.
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/202425-league-one-line-confirmed
  • Options
    Somebody actually Lol’d the explanation ??? I bet it was one of those journos or tv pundits that think The Valley is in east London…

• Options
    Tony Mowbray will NOT be returning to Birmingham City next season as he looks to focus on his health.
  • Options
    One League One team will have its own, branded, complimentary airline products, including amenity kits and pyjamas... 
  • Options
    No idea how you bet on team position before a lot of transfer work is done.
  • Options
    Birmingham on the verge of appointing Alex Neil as their new manager.
  • Options
    Birmingham on the verge of appointing Alex Neil as their new manager.

• Options
    when are the fixtures out? 
  • Options
    redman said:
    when are the fixtures out?