Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Methven at Wembley

1235»

Comments

• Options
    I honestly dont get why people are pissed off about this. He is a very small cog in our ownership structure, an ownership structure based not on the love for CAFC that we all have as supporters but on a business proposition. I doubt very much if one of our major players in our ownership had ever heard of CAFC before they started to look at buying us. There is nothing wrong with that imo if they invest their money and get us up the leagues before cashing in and taking their profit Im all for it and good luck to them. Some people seem to think we need an owner that is a lifelong fan that has gone through the pain that we all have so that they are "real Charlton" ! the trouble with that thought process is there isnt anyone with deep enough pockets.

Im a lifelong Charlton supporter but if buy hospitality at Wrexham due to my business being based there does that mean Im a traitor to the cause ????
  • Options
    You can tell the season is over 
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    I honestly dont get why people are pissed off about this. He is a very small cog in our ownership structure, an ownership structure based not on the love for CAFC that we all have as supporters but on a business proposition. I doubt very much if one of our major players in our ownership had ever heard of CAFC before they started to look at buying us. There is nothing wrong with that imo if they invest their money and get us up the leagues before cashing in and taking their profit Im all for it and good luck to them. Some people seem to think we need an owner that is a lifelong fan that has gone through the pain that we all have so that they are "real Charlton" ! the trouble with that thought process is there isnt anyone with deep enough pockets.

Im a lifelong Charlton supporter but if buy hospitality at Wrexham due to my business being based there does that mean Im a traitor to the cause ????
    Going to Charlton and Wrexham may increase your chances of Director Box Tickets for us or winning the Supporter of The Year 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    I see more of the usual shit from the usual protagonists.  It's a very odd hill to die on if you ask me!

It's clear to see the club had a dreadful season on the pitch but what many aren't noticing are the strides we are making off the pitch in terms of back-office recruitment (the number and the quality), the manager is going to change a lot up on the pitch this summer, we are going to have a bowling green of a pitch and there are numerous initiatives going on with local residents, the link-up with Mount Pleasant (the only professional academy in the Caribbean), more fan-engagement at the ground soon, marketing advances (Footballco), increased investment within our fantastic academy

There's a huge amount going on that we don't see and it's all building blocks for the future of OUR club.  They won't get every decision right first time but they are learning and they are evolving.  There is more to be positive about at the club than there has been for a very long time.  Maybe some of the fans should focus on supporting the club rather than sniping from behind their keyboards.

It's going to be a long summer at this rate but, as I have said many many times, it's never dull being an Addick
    I know you’re a good man but there’s not one set of clownership where you’ve come out and cnuted any of them off , when we were all calling Roland an meire a pair of back and fronts you tried to stick up for them one ownership you’ll be right … let’s hope it’s this one !

These new owners who oversaw our worst finish in 98 years have only one way to go 
    anything but promotion is and will be continued failure .
    Promotion won’t mean much if we don’t have the set up behind it to maintain it, as happened in 2019-20 when Bowyer and Gallen found out that working on a Roland Duchatelet shoe string budget can only take you so far.

Promotion next season would be an ideal start but I’d prefer a different barometer of success: to be an established second tier team within 4-5 seasons. If we’re not there by ‘28/29 ish (or they pack up and leave before then) that’s when I’d consider this ownership a failure.
    You are a patient man.
  • Options
    edited May 20
    bobmunro said:
    I don’t dislike the man and to his credit he brought the American investors to our party 
    I can’t say I’m keen on the Oxford photo - it just seems rather unprofessional to me and a bit unnecessary. If I had a role at Charlton and was an Oxford fan - I would have gone but kept a lower profile ! 
    I was in a pub in Wembley, taken over by Charlton, after the play-off final in 2019 - and I was certainly not keeping a low profile. Mostly because ...

i watched a thing  The Fast Show  billdecker on Tumblr

It looks like you should have retired years ago Mr Munro :)
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Swisdom said:
    I see more of the usual shit from the usual protagonists.  It's a very odd hill to die on if you ask me!

It's clear to see the club had a dreadful season on the pitch but what many aren't noticing are the strides we are making off the pitch in terms of back-office recruitment (the number and the quality), the manager is going to change a lot up on the pitch this summer, we are going to have a bowling green of a pitch and there are numerous initiatives going on with local residents, the link-up with Mount Pleasant (the only professional academy in the Caribbean), more fan-engagement at the ground soon, marketing advances (Footballco), increased investment within our fantastic academy

There's a huge amount going on that we don't see and it's all building blocks for the future of OUR club.  They won't get every decision right first time but they are learning and they are evolving.  There is more to be positive about at the club than there has been for a very long time.  Maybe some of the fans should focus on supporting the club rather than sniping from behind their keyboards.

It's going to be a long summer at this rate but, as I have said many many times, it's never dull being an Addick
    I know you’re a good man but there’s not one set of clownership where you’ve come out and cnuted any of them off , when we were all calling Roland an meire a pair of back and fronts you tried to stick up for them one ownership you’ll be right … let’s hope it’s this one !

These new owners who oversaw our worst finish in 98 years have only one way to go 
    Promotion won’t mean much if we don’t have the set up behind it to maintain it, as happened in 2019-20 when Bowyer and Gallen found out that working on a Roland Duchatelet shoe string budget can only take you so far.

Promotion next season would be an ideal start but I’d prefer a different barometer of success: to be an established second tier team within 4-5 seasons. If we’re not there by ‘28/29 ish (or they pack up and leave before then) that’s when I’d consider this ownership a failure.
    So if we say it costs the owners circa £8m to run us per season in this league, plus the 12m they gave to TS, these owners will have put in circa £50m before we even get to the real money losing league of the Championship.
    Yep, that’s modern football.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 20
    Swisdom said:

You are a patient man.
    In football you don’t always get what you deserve. Injuries, weird and unlikely results. Brentford had to lose play-off finals at both League One and Championship level before eventually getting what their good work meant they deserved twelve odd seasons later.

It’d be bad to not get promoted next season. But to say it’s categorically either a big success (promotion) or a failure (no promotion) without room for any nuance isn’t how you move forward productively long term.

• Options
    edited May 20
    Swisdom said:

You are a patient man.
    In football you don’t always get what you deserve. Injuries, weird and unlikely results. Brentford had to lose play-off finals at both League One and Championship level before eventually getting what their good work meant they deserved twelve odd seasons later.

It’d be bad to not get promoted next season. But to say it’s categorically either a big success (promotion) or a failure (no promotion) without room for any nuance isn’t how you move forward productively long term.

Let's hope Methven and buddies get their act together next season, and we do not suffer another dose of shocking failure.
    Last season was a shocking failure being polite.
    I would say it will be very difficult to go up automatically, the play-offs are achievable.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Swisdom said:

You forgot the punch line...."This is what you could have won"...🙄
    A fucking speed boat. 🙄
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

You are a patient man.

Let's hope Methven and buddies get their act together next season, and we do not suffer another dose of shocking failure.
    I would say it will be very difficult to go up automatically, the play-offs are achievable.

Play offs only achievable if we strengthen, as we are now we have no chance. Really interested to see what sort of players we being in. Real make or break window this one 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

You are a patient man.

Play offs only achievable if we strengthen, as we are now we have no chance. Really interested to see what sort of players we being in. Real make or break window this one 
    If the window is not a vast improvement I can see Jones ruffling feathers.
  • Options
    edited May 21
    You can tell the season is over 
    yes we're not drawing every week.
  • Options
    I don’t dislike the man and to his credit he brought the American investors to our party 
    I can’t say I’m keen on the Oxford photo - it just seems rather unprofessional to me and a bit unnecessary. If I had a role at Charlton and was an Oxford fan - I would have gone but kept a lower profile ! 
    He’s sitting in a stand with thousands of others all wearing yellow? How could he have kept a lower profile? 
    By not wearing a pair of salmon pink trousers.
  • Options
    Just bumped to him outside The Bulls Head in Chislehurst. Wife was laughing as we approached him because he sounds and looks like such a wanker. 

When I explained he was our partial owner (and the bloke from Sunderland til I die) she was in hysterics!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Huskaris said:
    Just bumped to him outside The Bulls Head in Chislehurst. Wife was laughing as we approached him because he sounds and looks like such a wanker. 

When I explained he was our partial owner (and the bloke from Sunderland til I die) she was in hysterics!
    Ive literally just spent the last 3 hours in that beer garden 
  • Options
    edited May 29
    DA9 said:
    Huskaris said:

He was out front at 6.55!!! I recommend Quartordici by the way!
  • Options
    edited May 29
    Huskaris said:
    DA9 said:
    Huskaris said:

He was out front at 6.55!!! I recommend Quartordici by the way!
    Was he still wearing that F'in Oxford shirt...🙄
  • Options
    edited May 31
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Co-Owner😂...slightly stretching the point an itsy weeny bit there I think...