Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

80/1

edited May 2010 in General Charlton
Thats the odds on bet365 for Bristol Rovers, Charlton and Millwall Swindon Draw as a trebles, so bassically the true odds of us going up today depressing. Oh well Ive had a quid on it anyway

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2010
    have had a couple of quid on Betfair at similar odds, insurance money for any celebration...however unlikely ;-)
  • Options
    What's the odds of getting struck by lightning ....?

Still happens though!

lol
  • Options
    Gonna have some of that
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]What's the odds of getting struck by lightning ....?

Still happens though!

lol[/quote]

Wouldn't wanna be sitting under a tree holding a fishing rod!
  • Options
    I got 52-1 yesterday at ladbrokes. I'm feeling optimistic.
  • Options
    Worth a punt...
  • Options
    bloody hell, thats good odds... worth a couple of quid
  • Options
    Ive got a few quid on it from paddy power, 77-1
  • Options
    Hey, people buy euromillions tickets, and the odds of winning that are 74million to 1.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]Hey, people buy euromillions tickets, and the odds of winning that are 74million to 1.

So Charlton have more chance of winning automatic promotion today, than any of us has winning the big prize on the Euro Lottery.

Best not throw away my rose-tinted specs just yet, though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I got 62/1 so put £3 on it....well, we can hope!
  • Options
    Done in ladbrookes. 50ish-1.
  • Options
    I've got a 100 quid Norwich & Charlton double and a tenner on this;

Brentford to beat Hartlepool
    Millwall v Swindon - Draw
    Jills to beat Wycombe
    Notts County to beat Torquay

52/1
  • Options
    fancy this can any post the link cannot find on the websites mentioned (not used to betting sites)
    Ta
  • Options
    I use Paddy Power . Go to football, then matches, select Charlton win, Millwall draw and Bristol Rovers win from the selections, and put ur money on a treble.

Did it about an hour ago and got 77s
  • Options
    betting odds are not the same as probability odds
  • Options
    Dam it only got 77-1 in week on bet365, worth a fiver thou
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]betting odds are not the same as probability odds

Indeed, including the bookmakers margin the actual probability should be more than 100/1. In reality, however, the odds are skewed by the massive price on Rovers, given that Leeds have to win this match and Rovers have nothing to play for, so bookies factor that into their prices knowing full well that they will take little for the away side.

Leeds have only actually won 13 out of 22 games home games so the 1/3 (and lower price) on them is somewhat cramped. I would suggest that the actual chance of the treble coming up is nearer 35/1.
  • Options
    Thanks ( i think) for leading me astray. Now got on line betting account, put on a treble and will be collecting £770 this afternoon!!! Yay!
    COYR,
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swerve[/cite]have had a couple of quid on Betfair at similar odds, insurance money for any celebration...however unlikely ;-)

So you need to insure yourself against celebration - what a strange person
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    William Hill were offering 100/1 Charlton for auto promotion
    and 1000/1 for Huddlesfield auto promotion
  • Options
    Just dusted down my Ladbrokes account and put a couple of pounds on.

Think I last used it to put a few quid on us getting promoted from the Championship and Iwelumo finishing as top scorer, so I'm not expecting too much...
  • Options
    bet it aint 80/1 now!
    gutted i didnt drag myself outta bed to go and put it on!

if my alarm on my phone wernt so fucking quiet id be in oldham right now!