Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parky and his one year deal

Is this going to cause a problem ? Will it stop us attracting players to the Club if they don't know who the Manager may be the following season? The Club wouldn't let Curbs see out his remaining year so why will they let Parky? We need continuity. Should we cut our ties with him now and appoint someone on say a four-year deal and have a proper plan to get out of League 1 in the next two seasons with a blend of more youth and a few experienced pro's. First season may be a learning curve for them but the second season we'd have a team capable of getting promotion. The lenghth of Parky's contract is only going to cause uncertainty and destablise the squad.

Comments

• Options
    No.

Its a completely different scenario.

The turnover of managers in the lower leagues is a lot more profound than in the premiership. Similarly, most Premiership player deals have been 3-5 year deals. In the lower leagues it is growingly 1-year deals, with 2-years now the usual maximum.
  • Options
    Parky will still be here come the start of the season ditto for murray chappel and waggy can't see them sacking parky or parky walking away. Dream senario would be chris powell as manager with lennie lawerence no.2 or director of football just to help him and guide things, I know people will moan and groan that powell isint tested or proved but imagine the lift he would bring the squad, and has massive respect in the game and could attract ggod pros. Also might finally shut the rascist scum up that has been sneaking back in.
  • Options
    What AFKA said, it's all 1 and 2 year deals at this level and below.

A new manager would be a gamble so whoever it might be (If Parky went of course) we couldn't give them a long contract. We can't risk a new manager coming in and being terrible while stuck on a 4 year deal.

I know what you mean though, it is about re-building now and perhaps going for promotion after a mid table finish.
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry about the racist scum, they'll all go back over to Millwall if they go up.
  • Options
    Parky is the man for us next yr.... I think hes done a great job...

It will be interesting seeing our doom and gloom predictions when the seasons new predictions come round.....
  • Options
    Parky will be in control next season. Not sure I subscribe to the Sir Chris Powell calls as much as I liked him as a player.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Parky will be in control next season. Not sure I subscribe to the Sir Chris Powell calls as much as I liked him as a player.[/quote]

On the Chris Powell issue, for years when I have seen players given their first maangerial jobs in th prem or Championship withouit any experience, i have always believed that they should go to the lower leagues and get their expereince in the 3rd or 4th division, just realised that would eb with us now :-(
  • Options
    We could do a lot worse than Parky, although promotion was the aim- with Leeds and Norwich in the same divsion I think if you asked 90% of CAFC fans they would have taken 4th with the play off lottery. Unfortunatly you cannot legislate for the other night as that was a game we would surely have won 9 time out of 10 and then at Wembley anything can happen.

There may be reasons why Parky should go but lets face it we are in the third tier and maybe now for a longer time than we could imagine so we are not going to get a Holloway or a Billy Davies. Nevertheless Parky got Colchester up on a shoestring, nearly got us up and in my humble has done a good job with us this season. We may have one of the best midfields in the League, but are average upfront minus Deon whilst at the back, we have relied on 3 CBs for most of the year and have lost both LBs to long term injuries. Therefore there are better squads in the league than ours and after 46 games, 4th is a fair reflection of where we were at. Also Parky has done exceptionally well in the market this year, Dailly and Richardson were inspired signings whilst although I am not a fan, Llera has done well in parts. Also unlike Pardew, he has got it generally right in the loan market. The full backs he has bought in have all been steady (even Omuzusi after a shaky start) whilst Reid was excellent. Mooney/Akpo and Forster earned us a few very good point so cannot be disregarded. I am not a fan of Mooney either but he nearly got the goal that sent us to Wembley.

Therefore even when our best players leave and our squad looks even weaker, I have good faith in Parky that he can find a few gems in the market, maybe persuade a couple to sign new deals (Burton, S Sodje) and next season dependent on points deduction etc, maybe we can come back stronger.
  • Options
    "can't see them sacking parky"

Why would they, di di miss something did we struggle or was we relegated
  • Options
    but does he need Tim Breacker as well as Mark Kinsella?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Crusty54[/cite]but does he need Tim Breacker as well as Mark Kinsella?[/quote]

Why not seems to be working
  • Options
    Kinsella is out of contract too I believe.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Crusty54[/cite]but does he need Tim Breacker as well as Mark Kinsella?

Why not seems to be working

Sarcasm surely???
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Crusty54[/cite]but does he need Tim Breacker as well as Mark Kinsella?[/quote]

Why not seems to be working[/quote]

Sarcasm surely???[/quote]

erm no

As i mentioned were we relegated did we struggle at the bottom of the table.........No so the management team must be working.
  • Options
    I would give parky a 2 year contract at league one wages now lets not have another summer of hanging around.

Right now we need stability and structure. Parky has worked with Waggy, Solly and other youngsters that we will be relying on more now as well as the core of the team Richardson, Daily Etc.
  • Options
    We were in a league with

Norwich - unlucky to come down, kept most of their players and strengthened
    Leeds - Massive club in this division, with a top level championship striker, difficult place to get a result and take 3000+ wherever they go
    Southampton - came down with more points than us, spent a fortune and still were on a par with us even allowing for the 10 points
    Huddersfield - spent a fortune

Granted Millwall and Swindon over achieved and had great seasons but the fact is we didnt have a bad season, we were unlucky that the 3rd tier of English football had some of the biggest teams ever in it.

Next season you have to fancy Southampton, Sheff Wed and Huddersfield again and I would say 6th spot is a realistic target next season (allowing for a reduction in quality in our side)

If Parky doesnt get that next season I might agree it would be time to go.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Other than the obvious festering, financial sore of Moutouakil the immediate need is to address the top-heavy structure on the non-football side in my opinion.

I suspect our CEOs earn more than most of the players.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Other than the obvious festering, financial sore of Moutouakil the immediate need is to address the top-heavy structure on the non-football side in my opinion.

I suspect our CEOs earn more than most of the players.

one is going this summer I believe. Initially I thought it'll be Kavanagh but with him attending the recent league meeting in Walsall and Waggy being AWOL maybe it's Mr 24/7 who is on his way.