Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Current League 1 odds

edited July 2010 in General Charlton
http://www.statto.com/football/odds/england/league-one/promotion

It'll be interesting to see how this changes over the next few weeks. Our current price of between 3/1 and 4/1 sees us as fourth favourites for promotion, behind Southampton, Sheff Wed and Huddersfield.

Hmmm ...

Comments

• Options
    So okay, if the bookies are right, we finish 4th again - playoff position.

Don't really fancy Dagenham, do they ....?
  • Options
    If your thinking of having a bet at those odds you would be mad because i think the way this club is going we will be lucky to finish top half. Dont take anything less than 33-1
  • Options
    what a load of bs anyone who takes those odds are mental we need to be at 50's before i touch em
  • Options
    well lay them then
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]If your thinking of having a bet at those odds you would be mad because i think the way this club is going we will be lucky to finish top half. Dont take anything less than 33-1
    So would you be prepared to offer me, say 25-1?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]If your thinking of having a bet at those odds you would be mad because i think the way this club is going we will be lucky to finish top half. Dont take anything less than 33-1[/quote]
    So would you be prepared to offer me, say 25-1?[/quote]

Yeah, I'd put, let's say, 4 quid on that. Put your money where your mouth is.
  • Options
    Brighton
  • Options
    Southampton are 11/4 best price to win league 1 - I think they will win it quite comfortably even with Pardew there. I'm considering a big bet but while I've been considering the price has dropped from 4/1 to 11/4.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: GRAY9[/cite]Southampton are 11/4 best price to win league 1 - I think they will win it quite comfortably even with Pardew there. I'm considering a big bet but while I've been considering the price has dropped from 4/1 to 11/4.

maybe with sheffield wednesday finding a personality and buying a few players soton might drift back out ... but i can't see past soton winning it
  • Options
    I will need at least 16-1 to back us for promotion
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wouldnt touch Peterboro with a barge pole at those odds
  • Options
    Time for a bump.

We've moved to fifth, but no great change really over the last week or two.

http://www.statto.com/football/odds/england/league-one/promotion
  • Options
    Not really a betting in the bookies person.
    Can you get odds on Southampton not winning the league or even promotion?
    I just have a feeling they are going to implode and they'll have all the pressure heaped on them this season. Last season they had nothing to lose this season they are expected to walk it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: southamptonaddick[/cite]Not really a betting in the bookies person.
    Can you get odds on Southampton not winning the league or even promotion?
    I just have a feeling they are going to implode and they'll have all the pressure heaped on them this season. Last season they had nothing to lose this season they are expected to walk it.
    #

You'd have to get a betting exchange account and lay them.
  • Options
    Best CAFC prices available..

Champions - 14/1
    Promotion - 4/1
    Relegation - 8/1
  • Options
    8/1 for relegation! Christ.
  • Options
    Honestly how can it be as low as 8/1 for us to go down. That must be wrong.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Honestly how can it be as low as 8/1 for us to go down. That must be wrong.[/quote]

I guess not with the current threadbare squad...once we sign more players it will change.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]That must be wrong.

Nope.

There's only one market available (William Hill), but everyone apart from Southampton seem to be considered vulnerable.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/league-one/relegation
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Paddy Powell[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]That must be wrong.

Nope.

There's only one market available (William Hill), but everyone apart from Southampton seem to be considered vulnerable.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/league-one/relegation

Indeed. Just looked at that PP. Anyone betting on that relegation market needs their head tested, there's about as much value in there as there is in buying Railtrack shares.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2010
    I think if you want a sure thing you have to back Southampton to be champions and although evens is not great its an easy way to double or treble your money. (12-5 on Betfair)

8-1 for us to be relegated and 4-1 for us to be promoted are both lousy because i don't think we will come close to doing either.
  • Options
    personally i think there is great value in Brighton eachway at 16's. Likewise wycombe in league 2 eachway at 10s.
  • Options
    for those of us at work, could you paste them up?
  • Options
    basically 6th favourites