Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Player Marks: Charlton 2-4 Swindon

Comments

• Options
    Elliot - 3 - Not fit. No communication.
    Francis - 4 - Didn't hide but confidence looks shot.
    Dailly - 2 - Hopefull his one shocker for the season out of the way.
    Fortune - 2 - Release him now. His legs are shot and he makes the same mistakes over an over again.
    Jackson - 5 - Scored and didn't disgrace himself. Wasted at left back.
    Martin - 1 - Pony. No football brain. No end product. Must be better loan options out there. Andros Townsend?.
    McCormack - 1 - Injured in the warm up. Shouldn't have bothered coming back out. He didn't have a clue where he was playing.
    Semedo - 4
    Racon - 5 - Ok first half. Vanished 2nd.
    Reid - 1 - Unbalances the side when he plays. Offered nothing but rolling around on the floor. Did he touch the ball 2nd half?
    Benson - 5 - Game. But no striker in the world could play with that service.

Wagstaff - 2
    Abbott - 2 - Didn't see the goal as I left at 4-1. But everything else was woeful.
  • Options
    Elliot 5
    Francis 2
    Dailly 2
    Fortune 4
    Jackson 6
    Martin 2
    McCormack 2
    Semedo 4
    Racon 2
    Reid 3
    Benson 6

On that performance only Jackson and Benson were Div 1 standard.

To single out a couple who annoyed the life outta me; McCormack and Francis are very very flawed players and are just not good enough for this league.

If there is a club in for Racon I'd also get rid. The way he plays and his attiude/desire aren't g oing to get us outta this league.

Semedo is all over the shop and we appear to have a different player in Reid to the one that was tearing teams apart earlier this season, ditto Martin.

Staggeringly bad performance and a lot didn't deserve a red shirt tonight, let alone a wage.
  • Options
    Just got back from the valley of doom

Elliot 6
    Francis 2
    Dailly 3
    Fortune 5
    Jackson 6
    Martin 3
    McCormack 1
    Semedo 5
    Racon 4
    Reid 3
    Benson 2

Wagstaff 1
    Abbott .5 (for the goal), got be the worse charlton striker i have ever seen
    n/a Sodje 2
  • Options
    Elliot 4 - some dodgy goalkeeping tonight
    Francis 4 - inept performance, not a scapegoat, but a poor fullback anyway
    Dailly 4 - costly error for the second goal, should know better but then again his lack of pace was showing against austin
    Fortune 5 - still lacking sharpness
    Jackson 6 - wasted at left back, no idea why parky put him back there
    Martin 4 - show pony with not much in his locker
    McCormack 3 - cant see what he contributed, he didnt exist
    Semedo 5 - below par performance
    Racon 5 - below par; and get rid of the f*cking neckwear racon!
    Reid 4 - nowhere near the performance level he can put in
    Benson 5 - never looked threatening

Wagstaff 4 - another who contributed nothing when he came on
    Abbott 4 - poor when he came on, but a good consolation goal nonetheless
    Sodje n/a (wasnt on long enough to warrant a rating)
  • Options
    i aint marking any of them

they were all as bad as eachother fooking toilet the whole shambolic lot of them
  • Options
    at the wank game in the wank league with our wank support

Elliot 3 crap
    Francis 3 crap
    Dailly 2 crappier
    Fortune 2 pony
    Jackson 4 a goal
    Martin 2 pony
    McCormack 1.5 fat crap
    Semedo 3 crab crap
    Racon 3.5 crap
    Reid 3 ex good now crap
    Benson 4 came from crap

Wagstaff 3 more youth product crap
    Abbott 4 a goal and fat crap
    n/a Sodje
  • Options
    Elliot 4
    Francis 4
    Dailly 4
    Fortune 4
    Jackson 5
    Martin 2
    McCormack 3
    Semedo 5
    Racon 5
    Reid 4
    Benson 4

Wagstaff 3
    Abbott 3
    n/a Sodje 3
  • Options
    Elliot-6 not a lot wrong.
    Francis- 2 a joke as seems to be the usual. or is he still getting fully fit after no pre season.
    Dailly- 4 worst he has played for charlton.
    Fortune- 4 tonight was first time i thought he is past it and not worth a new deal.
    Jackson- 6 not a lot wrong, not a lb though.
    Martin- 4 send him back please.
    McCormack- 5 very average.
    Semedo- 5 below par.
    Racon- 5 did not do a lot.
    Reid- 5 confidence has gone but players did not seem to want to pass to him at times.
    Benson- 5 nothing positive.

Wagstaff- 5 not in the game at all.
    Abbott- 2 only for the goal. he is hilarious though- the way he runs, doesn't jump, touch awful, overweight. good goal but 1 in 14 league games hardly signifies this is the start of a goal rush.
    n/a Sodje- 3
  • Options
    Elliot 5
    Francis 5
    Dailly 5
    Fortune 5
    Jackson 6
    Martin 4
    McCormack 5
    Semedo 7
    Racon 7
    Reid 5
    Benson 3

Wagstaff 4
    Abbott 5
    n/a Sodje 5
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Well my dear friend Oggy Red is going to say I am marking ''randomly'' (yesterday's criticism of those who refuse to award crap performances 7s and 8s). Or that it is ''emotional kneejerk stuff and little to do with actual individual player performance'' (today's accusation - see above).

The marks below are neither of those. They are based on the evidence of my own eyes.

Personally, I love the CL statbank and value its results as a pretty accurate barometer of how we are playing. Please stop trying to denigrate it , Oggy!

10 = brilliant. 5 = average. 0 = should have fallen off the roof in the Archers with Nigel Pargeter:-

Elliot-5.5
    Francis- 2.5
    Dailly- 3.5
    Fortune- 4
    Jackson- 5.5
    Martin- 4.5
    McCormack-4.5
    Semedo- 4.5
    Racon- 5
    Reid- 4.5
    Benson- 4

Wagstaff- 4
    Abbott- 3 (2 of those for the goal)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Elliot - 5; he let in four goals, didn't really see him do anything horrendously.
    Francis - 6; nothing particularly horrendous. Hasn't got pace - or rather, their 18 had a load of pace, and thus was pressured, but didn't deal with it badly. I think I'd be right in saying he's doing what he's being told to do by Parkinson, and so I'm not going to place blame for his performances solely on him.
    Dailly - 5; I'll forgive him, though. He's our captain and has been very consistent, today was a one-off.
    Fortune - 5; he kept being fed the ball and doesn't know what to do with the time he has on it; he lumped it or played it laterally most of the time. Why not use the midfield?
    Jackson - 6.5; like Francis, didn't do anything that badly. Scored, warranting the extra half mark.
    Martin - 5.5; he is brilliant sometimes. Not enough, and I think he's the one-touch-too-many man of the team.
    McCormack - 5; pulled up in the warmup, very anonymous and average.
    Semedo - 5.5; very anonymous, caught in possession a couple of times.
    Racon - 5; anonymous. He can be on top of the world when he wants, though...
    Reid - 5.5; gets the ball, control is very hit and miss; he has pace but doesn't take on the man, instead playing the ball backwards. But he didn't do anything glaringly badly...
    Benson - 5; some of his layoffs came off today! Didn't do horrendously - like everyone else...

Wagstaff - 4 as he did, well, nothing.
    Abbott - 4.5; see above, but he scored. Didn't see the goal.
    n/a Sodje

In short, it's our set-piece work that's letting us down.
  • Options
    even doing this seems like a struggle!

Elliot - 3 Doesn't look right still
    Francis - 7 Massive improvements , one of his best , is turning into the player we all thought he could be , he must have been working hard on getting his passing right
    Dailly - 5 looked shaky
    Fortune - 3 his feet must hurt with all that lumping it forward
    Jackson - 6 13 goals , a good achievement for a midfielder ( should have played left mid)
    Martin - 4 Lots of energy , when is he going to deliver?
    McCormack 1 - For putting a pair of shorts on , Big opportunity to shine , looked out of his depth , gives the rest of us hope
    Semedo - 5 you know what your going to get , doesn't create much but runs a lot
    Racon - 3 Off his game tonight
    Reid - 3 Has the real Kyle Reid ended up in 'The Event'
    Benson - 3 Formation doesn't suit him , my how he misses Anyinsah , Charlie Austin could be a suitable replacement , we've got more chance of Steve Austin though me thinks

Wagstaff - 2 Not very good
    Abbott - 8 Stunning Goal ( For those that stayed to see it)
    n/a Sodje -2 for making it onto the pitch
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: incorruptible addick[/cite]Personally, I love the CL statbank and value its results as a pretty accurate barometer of how we are playing. Please stop trying to denigrate it , Oggy!

Many posters mark players reasonably - but increasingly, especially after a poor team performance many don't.
    That much is obvious.

When many posters give one player a 5 or a 6, yet several others mark the same player 0, how on earth can you say the statbank is a "pretty accurate barometer"........???
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Elliot 6.5 Didn't look right but not at fault with the goals and made an effort with quick throws to create something. Sadly the recipients didn't take advantage.
    Francis 5 not great but didn't hide
    Dailly 5 Second goal down to him and not his usual commanding self.
    Fortune 6 looked better than of late not that says much.
    Jackson 6 Shame he was back at left back but did a solid if not outstanding job.
    Martin 5 Cannot fault his industry and workrate but no end product whatsoever.
    McCormack 4 anonymous
    Semedo 4 anonymous
    Racon 4 anonymous
    Reid 5 started brightly but rapidly lost interest
    Benson 5 not a target man but yet we persist in lumping balls with snow on them at him.

Wagstaff 5 lacked confidence I felt
    Abbott 6 Excellent goal but not much else
    n/a Sodje 6 didn't notice him

EDIT: forgot to add that I was at The Valley.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]

When many posters give one player a 5 or a 6, yet several others mark the same player 0, how on earth can you say the statbank is a "pretty accurate barometer"........???

I think one poster and one alone in 45 posts has given anyone a zero, so why use that to denigrate the whole stat bank?

In any case, the odd zero merely cancels out the handful of 7s in this thread, when there was nobody out there today who deserved anything like a 7. So it all evens out, doesn't it?

Therefore, I am not going to apologise for calling the stat bank a ''pretty accurate barometer'' . Despite your repeated attacks upon its integrity, it has delivered what i would regard as an accurate judgement of every match I've had the misfortune to see this season!
  • Options
    At the Valley (unfortunately)

Elliot 5
    Francis 6 Much improved from Colchester
    Dailly 4 Poor mistakes
    Fortune 5 Steady but not the JF of old
    Jackson 6 Wasted at LB
    Martin 6 Ran his socks off, acheived little
    McCormack 5 At least tried to make some forward runs
    Semedo 6 A class above at times
    Racon 4 Not involved enough
    Reid 3 Didn't notice him playing
    Benson 3 Ditto

Wagstaff 5
    Abbott 4
    n/a Sodje
  • Options
    Viewed at the frigid Valley

Elliot - 6 - totally exposed, but managed a couple of decent saves
    Francis - 5 tried to get up the field, and was often ahead of Martin/Waggy in the second half, but lacking in pace
    Dailly - 3 - worst performance in a Charlton shirt, I'm afraid
    Fortune - 6.5 held the backline together and tried to bring it out
    Jackson - 6 - often turned around but did well going forward and was playing out of position
    Martin - 5.5 - worked hard, but limited end product. Was looking better when Parky decided to take him off.
    McCormack - 3 - dismal performance, often running away from the ball. Spent a while watching him and he's really lacking in confidence or something.
    Semedo - 6 worked hard created little
    Racon - 6 tried hard, but limited success with his passing
    Reid - 5 faded as the game went on, possibly affected by the booking and ticking off, but not taking people on much.
    Benson - 4 looked out of his depth, struggled with his back to goal

Wagstaff - 5 - gave it away a lot and wasn't able to influence the game
    Abbott - 5 - great goal, but almost everything else was dreadful.
    Sodje - n/a barely touched it, offered nothing in the tactically disastrous 3 -2-2-3 formation

Parky 2 has to shoulder the blame. Failed to heed the warning signs when we got lucky and the formation intended to chase the game is the kind of thing that might work in Football Manager. Excuses should be good.
  • Options
    No marks - I watched on TV

Elliot - can't be blamed for any of the goals, made a couple of good saves.
    Francis - I'd have expected him to have gotten forward, but ok in defence
    Dailly - worst game I've seen him have for Charlton - has to take the blame for two goals
    Fortune - had a decent game, some good clearances 9though they were aimless) and anticipated well
    Jackson - ok going forward, but not a natural defender, got caught in the wrong position for the equaliser
    McCormack - should have been subbed a long time before he was
    Semedo - had an ok game
    Racon - ran around a lot
    Reid - ok game, but played too far off Benson to have any kind of effect and resorted to punting the ball in to the box
    Marin - as above, but tries too hard to be a footballer,
    Benson - laboured under a lack of decent service and was well marked, did handball the pass for Jackson's goal, but the rule is - play to the whistle, some days you win those, other days you don't.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mendonca In Asdas[/cite]Francis - 7 Massive improvements , one of his best , is turning into the player we all thought he could be , he must have been working hard on getting his passing right

What game was you watching?

Honestly, one of them slippery floor signs from ASDA would have put in a better shift....
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite][quote aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0][cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: Mendonca In Asdas[/cite]Francis - 7 Massive improvements , one of his best , is turning into the player we all thought he could be , he must have been working hard on getting his passing right[/quote]

What game was you watching?

Honestly, one of them slippery floor signs from ASDA would have put in a better shift....[/quote]

Ok the floor signs at Asdas may have done a better job , that is debatable , but 7 in the scheme of Francis games is more what i meant , ie although he wasn't phenominal tonight , by his recent performances ... he was a lot better ( not that he had much to improve on)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Elliot 6
    Francis 5
    Dailly 5.5
    Fortune 5.5
    Jackson 6 for the goal
    Martin 5
    McCormack 4.5
    Semedo 5
    Racon 5
    Reid 5
    Benson 5

Wagstaff 4.5
    Abbott 5 for the goal
    n/a Sodje
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: incorruptible addick[/cite]Personally, I love the CL statbank and value its results as a pretty accurate barometer of how we are playing. Please stop trying to denigrate it , Oggy![/quote]

Many posters mark players reasonably - but increasingly, especially after a poor team performance many don't.
    That much is obvious.

When many posters give one player a 5 or a 6, yet several others mark the same player 0, how on earth can you say the statbank is a "pretty accurate barometer"........???[/quote]

Twas me giving some '0's out. Have to say that if '5' is considered an average performance then a lot of people on here thought our team was pretty average tonight. I did not. Some of those guys were a) awful and b) uninterested. Maybe I have been harsh with a couple of my scores but not enough for me to go back and change them. I guess it is like the saying (often so true on this website)...

People's opinions are very much like farts - everyone quite likes there own...

what a boring world we would live in if everyone agreed!
  • Options
    Elliot - 4
    Francis - 4
    Dailly - 4
    Fortune - 5
    Jackson - 5.5
    Martin - 4.5
    McCormack - 4.5
    Semedo - 5
    Racon - 5.5
    Reid - 4
    Benson - 4

Wagstaff - 4
    Abbott - 4
    n/a Sodje - 4
  • Options
    Elliot - 4.5
    Francis - 3.5
    Dailly - 4
    Fortune - 5
    Jackson - 5.5
    Martin - 5
    McCormack - 4.5
    Semedo - 5
    Racon - 5.5
    Reid - 4.5
    Benson - 4

Wagstaff - 4
    Abbott - 4
    n/a Sodje - 2
  • Options
    Elliot 5 - Should have done better with the first - no communication
    Francis 4 - Not impressed.
    Dailly 3 - Very iffy performance.
    Fortune 3 - Needs George Costa alongside him
    Jackson - 5 - Scored. Wasted at left back.
    Martin 1 - Utter crap
    McCormack 3 - Seemed out of it for much of the game
    Semedo 4 - one of his least effective games. Still better than McCormack
    Racon 4 - So much wasted talent.
    Reid (minus) 5 - Disinterested, listless, useless w*nker - never want to see him in a Charlton shirt again.
    Benson 5 - Tried hard but little service and no end product.
    Wagstaff 2 - No impact.
    Apko 2 - No impact
    Abbott 0 - Sunday league standard at best. Goal otherwise would have been a minus.

Parky 0 - Tactics/formation started badly and then got worse when he went 3 at the back!
  • Options
    Elliot 4
    Francis 2
    Dailly 3
    Fortune 3
    Jackson 5
    Martin 4
    McCormack 3
    Semedo 4
    Racon 4
    Reid 5
    Benson 5

Wagstaff 4
    Abbott 5
    n/a Sodje 4
  • Options
    Elliot 5
    Francis 5
    Dailly 5
    Fortune 5
    Jackson 6
    Martin 5
    McCormack 5
    Semedo 6
    Racon 6
    Reid 5
    Benson 5.5

Wagstaff 4
    Abbott 4
    Sodje 4
  • Options
    Elliot 5
    Francis 4 Hoof it as soon as he gets it, unbelievable he still gets picked
    Dailly 4- Mistake for 2nd goal
    Fortune 5
    Jackson 6
    Martin 4 No end product
    McCormack 4
    Semedo 5
    Racon 4.5
    Reid 3 Literally did nothing didn't look like himself and he looked half fit or can't be arsed
    Benson 5 No service and he isn't a target man but we still hoof it up to him

Wagstaff 4
    Abbott 5 Good goal
    Sodje 4
  • Options
    Elliot 5 - still have my doubts
    Francis 4 - no cover from the muppet Martin
    Dailly 5 - shame, looked the best player on the pitch for 30 minutes, and the worst player for the remaining 60.
    Fortune 4 - not a clue
    Jackson 5 - below par for him
    Martin - 1 take him home Roy
    McCormack - 4 not good enough for this level
    Semedo 4 - Charlton most overated player for 20 years. Too slow and get's caught in posession too often
    Racon 6 - needs good players around him before we can see him at his best. Different class to the rest
    Reid 3 - put on some black boots
    Benson 4 - lightweight

Wagstaff 1 - will never be worth more than that for me
    Abbott 2 - 1 for the goal
    n/a Sodje
  • Options
    Elliot 5
    Francis 4
    Dailly 4
    Fortune 4
    Jackson 6
    Martin 5