Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
RICK WAKEMAN AND YES FANS OUT THERE
eastterrace6168
Posts: 28,590
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zppfjeculUsRick Wakeman On Prog Rock, Keyboards and His Legendary Career With Yes...
Just found this interview on YouTube, started watching and now can't stop, man is an absolute legend, the guy ask's Rick a question and just sits back listening to how his life unfurls, wonderful stuffDef worth a listen, shame about the bloody adverts though...
7
Comments
-
Absolutely brilliant.
Thanks for posting this @eastterrace61682 -
Hour and a half well spent.1
-
Does he talk about how he got the job as Aston Villa’s set-piece coordinator?
😉2 -
Saw him once on an ‘Audience With..’ type show where he told stories interspersed with playing music.
Very engaging and an absolutely brilliant piano player.4 -
I look forward to seeing that. I do like a bit of Wakeman, aside from his keyboards, he's a very entertaining bloke. I like Beato too. The Dave Gilmour interview is very good, probably my favourite in the series is Alan Parsons.
Anyone heard any Jazz Sabbath? Wakeman's son Adam started the band after touring with Black Sabbath and Ozzie Osbourne. No need to describe their music, the name does exactly that. Good fun.1 -
Absolutely superb - what a legend that man is.I was really inspired about what Rick was talking about at the end and I'll be searching (seriously) for the right retail property to try to replicate how he described buying music in a tactile way. There has got to be a new future in resurrecting the best of the past.1
-
That bit really got me as well, he was absolutely passionate about how the music industry has gone totally non tactile with downloads and streaming, although as he said it now seems to be going full circle with the increase in popularity of vinyl, it's all about interaction with something physical.bobmunro said:Absolutely superb - what a legend that man is.I was really inspired about what Rick was talking about at the end and I'll be searching (seriously) for the right retail property to try to replicate how he described buying music in a tactile way. There has got to be a new future in resurrecting the best of the past.
I do remember those sound booths where you could hear a record before buying, but Rick is a true legend...1 -
Bumped into him a couple of times over the years as he lives near me. Once during covid we had a chat and he was so frustrated and bored with the restrictions which given his water mill, recording studio etc made me laugh. I said just chill with a bottle of wine and all will be fine. His response was after the excessive lifestyle of the 70's and 80's his liver couldn't even cope with a sherry trifle !! Nice guy, patron of a local cat rescue sanctuary and calls himself "grumpy old Rick"5
-
I saw him once in Tesco's store in Diss Norfolk, he just looked huge with a long ankle length coat on, just said hi and carried on shopping...👍0
-
Saw him live with Jon Anderson. The between songs stories and banter made for a really enjoyable evening.
Also saw him live with Anderson and Trevor Rabin. Not so much chat but a great gig0 -
Sponsored links:
-
I'm not a massive fan but he's always great value when a guest on Radio 4's Add to Playlist.0
-
2
-
Just discovered Jon Anderson and the Band Geeks.
I have to say their covers of the old Yes stuff on Youtube are exceptional. Their album, 'True' consists of new material and is very Yes like - before they became weird - well worth a listen.
A brief history of the Band Geeks.
Richie Castellano (also known for his work with Blue Öyster Cult) started the Band Geek podcast to talk about the nerdy, behind-the-scenes secrets of professional musicians.When the conversational format struggled to find a large audience, the network runner suggested they try playing a song. The group—featuring core members like Castellano, Andy Graziano, and Andy Ascolese—began posting meticulous, high-level recreations of complex classic rock and pop tracks by Queen, Toto, Black Sabbath, and Yes on YouTube, racking up over 30 million views.
Jon Anderson was sent a video of the Band Geeks performing the demanding Yes classic "Heart of the Sunrise". Impressed by their authentic 1970s progressive sound, he reached out to Castellano and the rest is history.
4 -
Just looked up The Band Geeks on YouTube and they're pretty good, with some good covers, not just Yes, but some Led Zeppelin, quite impressive stuff...
1 -
I mean, if it's got Jon Anderson I'd say it's legit yeah. I'd hold this as probably the most remarkable live performance of a Yes song in recorded history (helps that it's my favourite song by them)
https://youtu.be/d_Va3e_52TE?is=6kRNbldhSamK5iGD 2







https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05k8DgEXZXM
