Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jenson

edited August 2007 in General Charlton
Jenson has not found a club yet. It think he is not getting much interest from clubs because of his recent injury problems. If he wants to continue his career in England he should be open to offers from the championship.

I think we have enough players that play attacking midfield but would anyone take him back?

Comments

• Options
    Jensen -

No.

if we didn't have Reid maybe
  • Options
    Part of me says yes , he can unlock premiership defences so in the championship he could have a field day etc BUT another lightweight in midfield ? So dont know is my undecided answer.
  • Options
    We've just become a no smoking stadium, would send out all the wrong signals.
  • Options
    The answer is no from me.....Peter Varney was quoted as saying no also...apparently he said that Claus wasnt the player that we fondly remembered. I just thought of that game against a very physical Dagenham & Redbridge in the cup a few years ago, and Claus might as well have not been on the pitch if my memory serves me right. So, I dont think he would cut the mustard in the CCC....by the way I was a big fan of his, in his heyday. Its time to embrace the changes on the field, and its all so easy to look back, especially where we may see a weakness in the squad. The only area of concern for me now that Souley is gone is CB. The rest of the squad will come good in time.
    Tel
  • Options
    Despite what Varney said, Jensen destroyed us almost single handed at Craven Cottage last year, scoring one and making the other - this after we had dominated much of the match.

He's now 30 years old and was horrendously injury prone in his 3 years with Fulham, probably missing as many matches as he played in that period.

Perhaps that's what Varney meant?
  • Options
    i thought he'd got himself set up at Bronby ?
  • Options
    Well, AFKA, I was anal enough to check out the Brondby website - but no Claus Jensen in the squad.

But I did find No 16, Stephan Andersen - if that name rings any bells.............

Finally, if we still have any Anoraks at the home of the Anoraks ;-o),
    you may want to know all the facts about the club, buy a shirt from the webshop or simply email them for even more information:

"Brøndby IF was founded on December 3rd 1964 and played its first Premiership match in 1982. In 1987 Brøndby IF was introduced on the Copenhagen Stock Exchange thus doubling the worldwide number of publicly limited football clubs.

Club motto: 'Supra Societatem Nemo', i.e. 'No one is above the club'.

Colours:Club colours are blue and yellow.

The home kit (jersey-shorts-socks) is yellow-blue-blue and the away kit is brown-brown-brown. Alternative kit: blue-blue-blue.

Main sponsor is Codan Forsikring and adidas is sports equipment sponsor

Brøndby Support is Official Fan Club for Brøndby IF. Visit their website (no English version available).

Contact information:
    Official name: Brøndby IF
    Company name: Brøndbyernes IF Fodbold A/S
    Address: Brøndby Stadion 30, DK-2605 Brøndby, Denmark
    Homeground address: Brøndby Stadion 30, 2605 Brøndby.
    Telephone no.: +4543630810
    Fax no.: +4543432627
    Email: info@brondby.com
    Ticket hotline: +45 4363 0810 and +45 4322 5371.

Give them a ring - or if ever you are in Cpenhagen, why not just buy a ticket and pop along to watch ex-Addick Stephan Andersen in action.
    You know you want to. ;o)
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I should say, Brondby (pronounced approx Born-boo) is the only Danish ground I've visited, watching Brondby v Dundee Utd in the UEFA Cup in 1993. Brondby won 2-0 in the home leg,
    lost 1-3 away in Scotland but went through on away goals.

What was I doing there?
    Well, I was more or less living with my Danish girlfiend of the time in Copenhagen and her Brondby supporting cousin asked me if I wanted to go along.
    Quite a good match, good atmosphere - and all the home supporters sung typical English football songs.

Sorry to drone on - I'll fetch my Anorak........
  • Options
    couldnt he do pay by play - suck it and see stylie?
  • Options
    unsure
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seem to have missed this, what did Varney say?
  • Options
    you were right, still without a club.