Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So Who Should We Play

edited August 2007 in General Charlton
at Right Back then?

Moo2 is out for "at least 5 weeks" we all know that in Charlton Medicalspeak that could be until Christmas!

Sankofa also appears to be out injured for a while which gives us a dilemma.

I assume Pards will try and get someone in on loan but if he can't who would you play there?

I'd go for Lloyd Sam or maybe ZZ if he can play in defence. They both have a reasonable amount of pace and are prepared to put a foot in.

Any better suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    Powell or Thatcher.

Will upset the balance, but they are both experience defenders.
  • Options
    I'd get a short term Loan player in who actually plays right back.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]I'd get a short term Loan player in who actually plays right back.

I did say if we can't get a loan player!:-)
  • Options
    Id upset the balance a bit by putting Semedo in at right back (whats happened to Gibbs? he could play there) and then put ZZ into midfield, Sam on the right, Thomas on the left and Reid in the centre. Bougherra and Fortune in the centre backs, Chrissy at left back, Thatcher on the bench. I dont think Ambrose is really firing on all cyclinders, so Id sacrifice him (bet Pards wont though). Bent and McCleod up top...the other more daring option is to go 343! which you could do with the players Ive mentioned.
    I have a feeling sooner or later, we will play a team and carve them right open with the flair we now have at our disposal....hopefully this Saturday!
  • Options
    sankofa won't let us down he didn't in the PL and he certainly won't in this division.
  • Options
    but he's injured, isn't he ?
  • Options
    Fortune.
  • Options
    agree with Tel 100%, unless there is a better option at right back
  • Options
    have we not got any youth RB who could come in?
  • Options
    agree we should play whoever is next in line. Josh Wright?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wright is a central midfield player. Chris Solly is a full back but probably far too young
  • Options
    If only we hadn't let young Cottrell go, he could have done a job in this division
  • Options
    whoever said McCleod up front has been drinking too much.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]If only we hadn't let young Cottrell go, he could have done a job in this division

i hope you're joking...
  • Options
    get Danny Mills in on loan. There you are, sorted. And while we're at it perhaps Sami Hyppia could sort out our central defence.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]whoever said McCleod up front has been drinking too much.

Why?

I'd go with the line up that Tel suggested, although wasn't someone saying the other day that ZZ has played right back before?
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]get Danny Mills in on loan. There you are, sorted. And while we're at it perhaps Sami Hyppia could sort out our central defence.

I said that to my dad a couple of days ago, obviously not a big fan of Mills for reasons that every fan knows but he could do a job!! He's up for transfer aswell so why not?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]If only we hadn't let young Cottrell go, he could have done a job in this division

i hope you're joking...

Course I'm joking, I work with his dad and if you listen to his old man you would think he should be in the England squad!!
  • Options
    Play Boogie at right back.

John Fortune to add pace and cover to Paddy at centre back, like he did playing in tandem with Jorge Costa.

Boogie likes to bring the ball out of defence and overlap - so why not?

Although Pards has hinted on the OS today that he's toying with putting Samedo there.

ZZ came through a goal scoring game with the reserves last night(playing alongside Walker up front), so I reckon he'll come in to midfield to provide energy and running (possiobly at the expense of Ambrose).
    And I'd leave Samedo where he is, at DM.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CrispyCAFC[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]get Danny Mills in on loan. There you are, sorted. And while we're at it perhaps Sami Hyppia could sort out our central defence.

I said that to my dad a couple of days ago, obviously not a big fan of Mills for reasons that every fan knows but he could do a job!! He's up for transfer aswell so why not?

Every fan but me it would seem. I've never really understood why he always got a bad reception when he came back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I agree with the Hyppia comment above, he would be an excellent player in this league to deal with the aerial stuff.