Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

tracing ip numbers

edited August 2007 in Not Sports Related
had a wind up email yesterday that annoyed me,anyone have any tips or sites that can trace ip numbers

Comments

• i get asked the same questions when you post !

not sure emails can be traced to be honest.
  • not even if i have the ip number,quite a nasty email,there must be something i can do.
  • send it to the police!it is classed as harrasment
  • it was telling me not to attend on sept 1st
  • If you have the IP, you can enter it into the whois database on www.ripe.net
    That'll tell you you owns the IP address, and normally gives an admin email address to register abuse complaints etc
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly aka lucy lou[/cite]it was telling me not to attend on sept 1st

Are you just on here to take the piss.....
  • Even if you did trace the ip address is would more than likley been sent from a internet cafe..no one sending nasty emails would be that stupid as to send them from their own computer,would they?
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly aka lucy lou[/cite]it was telling me not to attend on sept 1st

you're joking ???

copy it up on here. How would they know you're email address ?
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nolly aka lucy lou[/cite]it was telling me not to attend on sept 1st

you're joking ???

copy it up on here. How would they know you're email address ?

Nolly is taking the michael afka.....
  • starting to realise that.

i'm so naive...............
  • Sponsored links:

• police dont send emails mate,though a mate who was coming with me got a letter in the post from plumstead nick telling him its unwise to attend,hes not been in trouble for over ten years and has a season ticket,still got one though. thanks for that medders
  • Ip address wont do you much good Im afraid as it will go via a sever anyway. As far Iam aware emails cant be tracked.
  • It depends on how clever the person sending the email is. You might not be able to trace it directly to the individual concerned, but may be able to track down the ISP by working your way through the full headers of the email. Most ISPs have a standard address for dealing with reports of threatening / spamming email, which is often abuse@ but not always.
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly aka lucy lou[/cite]police dont send emails mate,though a mate who was coming with me got a letter in the post from plumstead nick telling him its unwise to attend,hes not been in trouble for over ten years and has a season ticket,still got one though. thanks for that medders

you sure it's not a mate on a wind-up following all the letters that have been sent out? If it's proper nasty then I suppose it wouldn't be.
  • You can get IP Addresses out of an email, tracing it is very easy but wont give you an exact location.