Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

To the first half booers

2»

Comments

• Options
    john the rat is the bloke who decided to keep on turnin round and booin back at us in the second half. his head is so far up his own arse. i was booing i will admit it, but as the thread above said, we were also the ones startin most other songs.

football is about opinions, we all pay our money and are as welcome to vent our anger if we feel the need to.

I think it got the desired effect, we got to pardew, did anyone else see his kinsella like arm puumping at the end towards the covered end???
  • Options
    I didn't boo but can see why people did. Sod it, you pays your money, you takes your choice.

Who knows, maybe Pards even used the fact that they had been booed off as a positive in his team talk at half time (he loves that stuff after all).

I listened to BBC London on the way back and the reporter said how good our crowd was today in getting behind the team when they finally had something to get behind, maybe we should give ourselves a bit of credit rather than the negativity of the booing.
  • Options
    After that first half performance it was inevitable that some would boo. I never boo but if people want to that's ok. What I don't like is booing individual players, fine boo the team but don't pick on a particular player (like Kish a while back).
  • Options
    Boooooooooooougherra played well.
  • Options
    As supporters we have the right to applaud, we also have the right to boo. Every action has a equal and opposite reaction and all that. You cant have one without the other. I booed to show my team and manager that what they served up as football was not acceptable. I cheered and was very proud of their display in the second half. Whether booing made the team realise how bad they were or not I dont care. I and thousands of others pay our money and therefore have the right to give our opinion on the game. You can disagree with my opinion but you cant tell me I'm wrong!! So there!!!!
  • Options
    Well, I did applaud the team off at half time with the words " Come along team, I'd like to see at lot more effort in the second half". Personally I believe it was those words to the boys that turned it round.
  • Options
    I didnt boo, but can fully appreciate why others did, and looking at Pardews face as he went off I could see that he was as pissed off as we was. If anything when he came back on after half time, he looked even worse...I think he must have read the riot act. At least he saw that playing Reid on the left was the better option....Thomas even got a bit more involved when he played on the right. That win meant a lot to Pards as he did a Chrissy Powell at the end. If we continue to play like we did in the second half (which we will), then we will do well. We do however need to tighten up defensively, especially on set plays. Expect to see a CB and a right back signed this week, the latter probably a loanee.
  • Options
    Booing isn't "pathetic". Its just a way of showing your displeasure.
  • Options
    one mug in front of me booed pardew FFS.

Whilst I can;t stand people that boo it is their right they've paid their dough after all.

Does it make them a worse supporter than those that don't HELL YEAH
  • Options
    I can understand booing if a fan is unhappy with the team's efforts. I don't recall ever doing it myself although I will come out with some Anglo-Saxon constructive criticism when need be. I'd rather we didn't boo while the game is going on though. I generally go for encouragement, but everybody is different in what they think will get the team playing in bad times - just like the broad range of opinions on this board.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Booing is something you aim at your opponents - create hostility, to bring them down.

Only the brain dead boo their own team.
  • Options
    Actually, Oggy. I am inclined to agree with you, less the calling them brain dead. I go for trying to drive them on, so that should be my standpoint.

Boo to the booers!
  • Options
    Cheers, Sco - I agree with you - driving the team on and lifting the energy of the team is the way to go.
    Football is a game of confidence - undermine players and they become desperate, trying too hard without any quality end product.

Our supporters frequently seem to wait for the team to perform and play well before getting behind them.
    When you go to other grounds,if their team is a bit mis-firing, their fans get behind them and often create the most intimidating atmosphere. Their team raises it's game a notch - and gets the result.

Any manager will tell you, once the home crowd attack their own team, it becomes much easier for the away team to get a result.
  • Options
    We are 'supporters' We should support the team during the game. Boo like mad if we are crap AT THE END.

Pardew gets paid enough to know when the team is playing shite and whats going wrong. as he proved in the second half.
  • Options
    WILL THE 'SUPPORTERS' WHO LEFT AT HALF TIME PLEASE STAND UP

*taps watch*
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend_Or_Defoe[/cite]What was that Gibbs song? I got the going on the crystal palace tour bit.
    At number one is Cory Gibbs, at number two is Cory Gibbs....

The Boat: I did indeed celebate all three of our goals with equal enthusiasm as you crazy cats in the back row but i also turned round and booed the booers.

Why?

It was sarcasm and a way of saying, "see, they aint that bad"

I'm with most people on here, i won't boo but those who do choose to boo should be doing it at HT and FT, not during the game, its bloody ridiculous.
  • Options
    I don't think booing is acceptable, we need to get behind the team. I do wonder though if it did have an impact?
  • Options
    Under no circumstances will there be any booing at Palace!
  • Options
    Typical Charlton fans - win 3-2 and they are all arguing amongst themselves and stating their opinions as LOCKED ON FACTS.

Whilst I'm on, people who boo at football matches are not "brain dead". People laying in hospital beds attached to life support machines are sometimes brain dead and there's a big bloody difference.

Some people on here take themselves far too seriously - and it borders on pathetic sometimes.
  • Options
    When I was temporarily brain dead (ok, coma, but near enough!) the first thing I apparently said when I woke up was "get me a wheelchair, I've gotta get to the football". :o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'll claim the Cory Gibbs one, a nod to Ketters and Carlsberg for their help too.

You're the best guys
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I'll claim the Cory Gibbs one, a nod to Ketters and Carlsberg for their help too.

You're the best guys

oi, i helped get it going proper, or the j block standers wouldnt of heard the words!

And the majid whats the score, i can claim that one!
  • Options
    Oh yeah man, forgot you dude!! Did you get my parcel this morning?

The three drunks carried it on too!!
  • Options
    How could you forget me dicko!

The 3 drunks, i saw them still singing it when everyone was finished!

And yes i got it, i suspect you cant walk this morning?
  • Options
    Erm, i tried my best as well.

I even gatecrashed the 3 man hug (with a stripper in the middle)
  • Options
    I've got an extra spring in my step thats for sure!!

The big Chris song hasn't caught on yet though
  • Options
    It was nice coming to work this morning after a win! About time!
  • Options
    I turned round in disbelief at the booing after 15 minutes. Save it for Half Time or Full time, but hey each to our own, just don't expect to see anything but a negative reaction from the team until the Manager has a chance to have a word.

We did start the Cory Gibbs chants although may take a bit longer to catch on. Enjoyed the four/five way hugs with the stripper, she's lucky Carter, she can come again if we ain't scared her off.