Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

To all you Non 1st half booers - Boo Boy Pardew

edited August 2007 in General Charlton
HA HA HA HA

"Too right they should boo," said Pardew of the fans' reaction to the first 45 minutes. "I booed as well. I was booing when I was coming off. It was horrible. It was ugly."

Comments

• Options
    Fantastic!
  • Options
    quality
  • Options
    Easy to say after a win.

Last season when we were fighting relegation he said in his programme notes that if the crowd gets on the players' backs it will be all over.

Had we lost yesterday he would have been singing a very different tune.
  • Options
    Sounds like a great line to me. No doubt he was pretty much as shagged of as we were. At least he gets a chance to tell them a few home truths and ring some changes. Anyway what ever he did it worked. Now how about 90 minutes of full on effort and quality.
  • Options
    Excellent stuff by SurAlan
  • Options
    Alan...Take a bow son!
  • Options
    Pardew is very good at knowing how to spin things. managers always make a light-hearted comment on booing when its followed by a come back.

Think my initial highlight of it got misconstrued. I wasn't really referring to those who booed after the half time whistle, i was referring to those who were booing from about the 15th minute, and those who walked out after the 2nd wednesday goal went in.
  • Options
    Agree AKKA,several people left by me after the 2nd goal,great support that is,cheers lads.
  • Options
    2 sad things for me:
    My boy wanted to leave after 20 minutes as he was bored....
    and genuinely if the Oak was open I would've popped round for a pint at half time, it just felt like a waste of my life watching that 1st half.

I guess I just find the football pretty dull nowadays.

You're right about Pardews pr savvy, but I just wish he was a bit bloody quicker spotting that Reid was wasted on the right side...
  • Options
    Or maybe had the intelligence not to even consider playing Reid on the right in the first place?! I was astonished we started with the team that finished so feebly at Stoke, albeit with a couple of positions swapped. I'm still not sure how much of the second half turnaround was down to better planning, either, as I doubt ZZ would have come on for Thatcher if Thatcher hadn't taken a knock. Think Pards has perhaps luckily stumbled upon a good line-up, but I'm happy to take all the luck we can get.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It was mixture of a lot more effort, our playmaker playing more centrally and Sheff Wendy being really bloody awful.

The way they stood off Big Chris they must have confused him with Ronaldo??

Big Chris, the Coatbridge Ronaldo!
  • Options
    agreed Dev, the 'tight marking for Ilewumo for both his goals were a joke. Really please for him though, hope he gets a run now.

When the Wendy second went in, two blokes behind me stormed out, screaming 'get the f**k out the Valley, you're a c***s'. Wonder what they thought in the pub later when the goals started raining in...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]agreed Dev, the 'tight marking for Ilewumo for both his goals were a joke. Really please for him though, hope he gets a run now.

When the Wendy second went in, two blokes behind me stormed out, screaming 'get the f**k out the Valley, you're a c***s'. Wonder what they thought in the pub later when the goals started raining in...

Sh!t, why'd I fcuking leave I'd imagine!
  • Options
    I'm not surprised people are at their wits end really. We had to suffer the end of season collapse with Curbs, then Dowie/Les Reed and then relegation. You can't really blame people for a being pretty p'd off when we played *that* bad in the 1st half.

I BLAME THE LANDLORD OF THE OAK.
  • Options
    In the telegraph today.

'Pardew may of thought he was at West Ham, booing at half time and a standing ovation at full time.'

West Ham?! That's enough to put me off of booing!
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    shit wrong log in
  • Options
    right log in this time..
    the ironic cheering when we made a pass was cack as well as the booing.

anyway i left at half time - a spectacular own goal by me and my pals but as it was such a beautiful day and a horrible game we decided our time would be better spent on the river drinking. we didnt even know about our third goal!

loyal supporter? not me. i've realised lately that the football just gets in the way of an enjoyment of a good day. i love charlton but not in a way that i should. and that first half wasnt enjoyable but the rest of the day was bloody brilliant!!
  • Options
    Be careful, Curb_It, you'll give us female supporters a bad name!!

I did boo a tiny bit under my breath as they went off at half-time, and had shouted plenty of abuse during the first half. It didn't ever cross my mind to leave, though...

Agree re the ironic cheering of passes - not a good thing.
  • Options
    can't understand why anyone would leave at half time no matter how bad it is. a game of football doesn't take up much time and if you've paid for your ticket why wouldn't you stay? maybe you shouldn't buy a ticket if you'd find yourself enjoying other things more
  • Options
    Like Curb it, I enjoy the social more than the football. Have done for about 4 seasons now.

My liver doesn't agree though :o(
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    wouldnt it be cheaper to go straight to the pub? ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carlsberg[/cite]wouldnt it be cheaper to go straight to the pub? ;-)

Well, it would be a cheaper than buying beer at the ground.
    Sorry, Henry. ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Talal_El_Willscorie[/cite]can't understand why anyone would leave at half time no matter how bad it is. a game of football doesn't take up much time and if you've paid for your ticket why wouldn't you stay? maybe you shouldn't buy a ticket if you'd find yourself enjoying other things more

i didnt stay cos i wasnt enjoying it. and i wanted to punch all the booers and all the tossers cheering at a completed pass.

But I think you're right - Im going to see how the season goes to be honest whether i get one next year or not. then i can just meet up with my pals afterwards and look at their miserable/happy faces while i've been sat indoors filing my toenails!
  • Options
    ScoSco
    edited August 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]i didnt stay cos i wasnt enjoying it. and i wanted to punch all the booers and all the tossers cheering at a completed pass.

But I think you're right - Im going to see how the season goes to be honest whether i get one next year or not. then i can just meet up with my pals afterwards and look at their miserable/happy faces while i've been sat indoors filing my toenails!

I admit to a few Ole's when we actually got some passing together. Perhaps thinking that a bit of irony was better than plain booing. Evidently makes me a tosser!

Still, rather be a tosser than come out with the load of miserable trite which your second paragraph reads as, curb_it - sort it out it woman!

That should be read as cheer up curb_it.
  • Options
    im cheery.

in fact i've been cajoled into going tonight. and i shall stay the full 90 mins but i will cry if it goes to extra time and pens as need an early night.
  • Options
    Stop it!! We know how close you live to the ground now!! You'll be back in time for 10.30 news latest.

If you don't go by half time of course ;-)
  • Options
    We should have a predict the time Curb it leaves competition ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]We should have a predict the time Curb it leaves competition ;-)

9.55pm a craving for Magners will finally get the better of her ;-)
  • Options
    ill stay till the end as the Oak is shut and Tavern refuses to go the Horse so no other options other than sit through it.

if we are losing three nill can i leave?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]ill stay till the end as the Oak is shut and Tavern refuses to go the Horse so no other options other than sit through it.

if we are losing three nill can i leave?
    as long as you don't boo on your way out!