Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Paper rumour Lloyd Sam to Reading 750k

edited August 2007 in Rumours
Cover for Bobby convey who has a knee injury.

Comments

• Options
    Wouldn't be bad business, not sure how much he would feature.

Might be needed for injury cover.
  • Options
    Can't see why we would let him go. He can offer cover here especially for the injury prone Thomas.
  • Options
    I'd rather see Thomas go and Sam stay. don't think he's ever been given a good run of games, but always looked lively and comitted when he has played. As much as his ability is without question can't really say that about Thomas, and apart from a decent half yesterday not sure I'd bank our seasons success on him.
  • Options
    bye bye
  • Options
    Very bad business in my book. Worth a lot more and we need him.
  • Options
    If he did go to Reading, it begs the question: What does a Premiership manager (the experienced Steve Coppell) see in him that a Championship manager can't?

Having said that, Sam's rarely set his team on fire, whether Charlton or his loan clubs, Orient & Sheff Wed.

But it's probably just paper talk with just a few days to go until the transfer window slams shut.
    Sam would almost certainly cost more to replace than we'd get for him at the moment.

Despite a rotten series of injuries, he's never quite got a run together but at 22, he doesn't lack ability. This could easily be his season, this year.
    Let's hope it's at Charlton.
  • Options
    Wednesday fans I have spoken to in the bar rated him.
  • Options
    Think this would be a very bad piece of business - he was our most dangerous player in first half at Stoke, and I didn't understand why he got subbed. We can't just sell anyone we get an offer for, can we? Surely sometimes we need to realise we could do with some decent squad players.