Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Claus Jensen retires

edited August 2007 in General Charlton
Gave up in the end due to his injuries.
Never looked like the decent player that he was, after he left us.

Comments

• Options
    i'll never ever forget his miraculous chip at highbury when we won 4-2, a priceless priceless moment in the life of a charlton fan...in the good old days when we were mixing it with the big boys in the premiership
  • Options
    That's a shame. I don't think he ever really fulfilled his undoubted potential - he could have been world class if it wasn't for his tendnecy to go missing in games.

Good luck for the future Claus.
  • Options
    Shame for Claus, I liked him thought he was pure class at moments. A joy to watch at times. Best of luck.
  • Options
    one of my all time favourites at charlton. he was class
  • Options
    Class act - One of the best players ever to pull on an Addick shirt.
  • Options
    A real shame, had the ability only a tiny few have.

Shame he didn't have the world class attitude needing to take his ability to the very top. I'm convinced a dedicated Claus could of played for any club in the world.
  • Options
    He was Class good luck to him
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    "i'll never ever forget his miraculous chip at highbury when we won 4-2, a priceless priceless moment in the life of a charlton fan...in the good old days when we were mixing it with the big boys in the premiership, when I used to go to the games"

Claus was probably the best passer of the ball the club's had, very good ball player.

Probably would've been suited to Spanish football.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite
    Probably would've been suited to Spanish football.

I thought the same. Suprised he never gave it a go.
  • Options
    I'll never forget his 3-2 goal against Blackburn in the last seconds a few seasons ago
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    After Freidal scored!, his reaction after Claus sent it over his head was immense!
  • Options
    Yep and we'd lost the last 3 games prior to that one.
    Depressed when Friedel scored, but in 7th heaven moments later.
  • Options
    We get so many of these right, when Kinsella went everyone went mental, retired a year later, same with Claus, seems like we knew more than we let on...
  • Options
    Kins didn't retire a year later - in fact he was still playing (for Walsall) first half of last season until we brought him back as a coach. Given half a chance, he'd still be playing, I bet...
  • Options
    I stand corrected, would have been more correct to say that he didn't cut it in the Prem for much longer and we got a good fee for him.

He's an absolute legend and I know that all the youth players really respect him, top bloke.
  • Options
    King Claus ruled, all the best fella.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]King Claus ruled, all the best fella.
    Amen.
  • Options
    One of the most naturally gifted footballers I've ever seen pull on the red shirt.

It's a shame he seemed to lack the application to make the most of the talent he was blessed with but reminded on many occasions just why it's known as the 'beautiful game'.