Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So Over the years what have you missed.

edited August 2007 in General Charlton
Just thinking for me it has to be The peanut man With his big sack,the horse roasted chestnut seller at the top of floyd road,the Watermans Arms,bunking in,the programme shop inside the ground, defo a Bovril and being able to get in to the south stand via the Heights.

And not to be remebered are the Toilets, R.I.P.

Comments

• Options
    the supporters club shop/shed that was behind the west stand with old bill treagold and wally r.i.p
  • Options
    The Valley club and terrace,loved the old right side
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Sounds stupid but playing Millwall, being only 21 I was only young last time we played them competitively and went to both games. Went to the friendly last season, but its not the same. I think the attmosphere in the home tie a few years back when we won 2-0 with goals from Bowyer and Leaburn standing in the old Covered End with my dad was when my real love for the club grew. Was an amazing feeling...I want that more!
  • Options
    I miss the Carling/League Cup being taken almost as seriously as the F A Cup. When the likes of Liverpool and Man Utd would field full strength sides against any opposition and fans would turn out with the same enthusiasm regardless of the fixture.
  • Options
    Recently, the banter between the E and F blocks of the old Covered End. Great days. I was in the Back row of E and we had a cracking set of lads sitting around us, same faces every season and loads of wisecracks and banter.

They really were great times, and nothing beat the end of a game and Kinny running over to give us all a good fisting....
  • Options
    ha ha, i was F block and i loved it. i know what you mean about the banter, it was always top notch in the old covered end
  • Options
    There used to be a bloke in E block who loved Andy Petterson, last I heard he was running a Charlton website ;o)
  • Options
    lol, don't get the andy petterson link though. remind me ?
  • Options
    Think it's when Simon Royce got injuried, and you were calling for Petterson to come on, me and Daly were behind you tutting loudly!
  • Options
    sounds about right ! we used to have an argument with each other at least every other home game !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I definitely miss the old North Stand. Impressive as the new one is, I felt surrounded by football people down there. Mind you I am not really in the thick of things now like I was in the E block. That and when you shouted you knew the players could hear you!
  • Options
    the floodlights.
    absolute giants of the lighting species.
  • Options
    old covered end. Better than Now.
  • Options
    the swords on the top of the fencing in Floyd Road
  • Options
    I've got one mounted and sitting proudly on the fireplace (my missus hates it)
  • Options
    knees up mother brown
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Deleted post
  • Options
    I used to like waiting for the fella to come out just after half time and put the scores up on that board down in the south west corner.

A B C D E F G H I J

Used to do my eyes in trying to work out which score was which only to realise that he must've left one off (as above!)
  • Options
    Singing in the Oak.

Doesnt happen apart from midweek wins these days.
  • Options
    So it didn't happen very much last season then!