Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Palace tickets (yet again)

edited August 2007 in General Charlton
300-odd remain, yet they won't make a decision to whether they extend it to members until just 3 days before the match. Why ????

Season ticket holders have now had ample time, why are members being treated so shoddily ?

Comments

• Options
    terrible
  • Options
    I cant beleive we cant sell out for this game from ST holders alone....Shameful!
  • Options
    perhaps its a security issue?
  • Options
    you're probably right but why are members being treated as a security risk?
  • Options
    Wanted to buy a ticket for the Palace match tonight but ive just realised that I dont have my season ticket with me. Do you reckon they would just accept my valley gold ticket?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]Wanted to buy a ticket for the Palace match tonight but ive just realised that I dont have my season ticket with me. Do you reckon they would just accept my valley gold ticket?

If you can ID and proof of address I would hope they could check to see if you are a ST holder
  • Options
    alot of people going have not got a season ticket,so that idea worked poorly.
  • Options
    I'm not VG so nearly even bought a Swindon ticket (despite not being able to go to the match) just to hand back to them and get priority on Palace tickets as I was convinced they'd sell out straight away.

Glad I didn't bother now. Got my ticket without the extra expense. Can't believe this still hasn't sold out.

I don't think there'll be too much trouble, the police will be all over it. Though I do have an ex-girlfriend who's a Palace season ticket holder who's determined to give me a good kicking!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly aka lucy lou[/cite]alot of people going have not got a season ticket,so that idea worked poorly.

really? surely the majority of fans wanting to go to this game would be season ticket holders?

anyone know if palace have sold out?
  • Options
    i got five non season ticket holders tickets.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    that's the disappointing thing nolly, you want to go, then you find a way. its really not that difficult.

just seems more people than i realised aren't that bothered.
  • Options
    i got 3 non season ticket holders tickets
  • Options
    but i got five tavern,so there.
  • Options
    lol
  • Options
    ..and I aint got one and Im a valley gold member - how ironic.
  • Options
    only 300 now i hope Guing gets there nice and early tomorrow

Why the feck did he have to take the kidsoout today
  • Options
    If we can't sell this out we'll never live it down.

Where are all the 'fans' who went over there when we went up??

Pathetic.
  • Options
    or the 5-6000 who would travel midweek up to Boro, or the similar amount at Blackburn ???
  • Options
    Refusing to line the orange one's pockets maybe?
    Off on holiday?
    Giving this one a miss cos they think there's a good chance of there being trouble?
  • Options
    I'm not going on Saturday - I'm armchair me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Must admit I am finding this difficult to comprehend as EVERY charlton supporter I know bar one who will remain nameless is going & has their ticket already.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]Refusing to line the orange one's pockets maybe?

i'd buy that reason if it was the £35 quid again, or if we were being charged more than palace fans are, but we're not.
  • Options
    £30 quid is still a lot tho. and I know a few people that wouldn't want him taking their money. fair enough I say.

having said that, you would expect for everyone of them that thought that, there would be someone else lining up to take their place.

I have really strugged to pay for this game tbh, and could have done with it being 2 weeks later. it is the first of my only 2 away games between now and 2008.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]
    i'd buy that reason if it was the £35 quid again, or if we were being charged more than palace fans are, but we're not.

Anyone who says they can't afford £30 is just making excuses. Either that or they might as well give up watching football.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]I have really strugged to pay for this game tbh, and could have done with it being 2 weeks later. it is the first of my only 2 away games between now and 2008.

i am the same suz, i am whey skintos (shock!) really struggled to put the 30 notes together, and i have plans later that evening too, my old Ma is going to be 60 and we are booked into a resteraunt in blackheath so need to drive cos A, i am skint (shock) and 3, i need to be at blackheathg for a reasonable time. But i am still going!

People using the 'oh i aint giving him my money' excuse, is well, just a poor excuse!
  • Options
    it's embarrasing enough that we haven't sold out to s/t holders yet. if the same % of this years 'walk up support' buy tickets then we may come close to selling out, but i think the walk up supporters already probably have their tickets by borrowing vouchers.

if we don't sell out and i hear the 'your support is f***ing sh*t' or 'you couldn't sell all your tickets' coming from the covered end to visitors, can i boo the singers?
  • Options
    We'll take what we take. Sure holidays, the price and some families/kids not going (I would have taken Joe to another ground) as well as the staggered sales mean that it looks poor. If we win who cares how many few you are celebrating with as was the case last time. We took big numbers to Boro and B'burn and that didn't help us.

If we start winning away and at home then the buzz will pick up and so will the away following, IMHO. We have been able to pick our games in recent years and we've become fussy.

I will be interested to see what the home crowd is. High price, holidays, not doing great, team they don't care about. Lets see if they can break the 14000 mark.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]

Anyone who says they can't afford £30 is just making excuses. Either that or they might as well give up watching football.

slightly harsh, because of everyone's situation is different. I can't just fork out money here there and everywhere when and where i feel like it at the mo till i get paid. for whatever reason.

its a valid excuse, however, there should be others lining up behind those who can't afford it trying to snap these tickets up.

where are the 5k that went to blackburn in april?
  • Options
    Dont think we can really take the piss out of Palace's support.

Ok, they get 5000 less per home game but they will sell the return match out in hours.

Going back to the original point. STH's had last week and Saturday to sort themselves. Red Card Holders should get tonight to get there ticket. Means that they will come to the game tonight as well.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]

Dude, i just moved into a flat my first one this year, in the first 2 years its the hardest i hear! Well thats too foookin true! I cant really afford the 30 quid for the ticket! I borrowed so i could go. Its not making excuses, its cos i am skint.

Chomp over! ;-)