Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cardiff [A] Tickets to go on sale

24

Comments

  • swords_alive
    swords_alive Posts: 5,095
    edited September 14
    Why they don’t give updates anymore I’ll never understand. It’s literally a 10 second update to a web page 🤷‍♂️
    No-one at the club has yet realised that there's a demand for this among the fan base i expect. Maybe we could release this information to subscribers? £5 per month for members/subscribers, or £2 per ticket office news bulletin but you can only have 2 bulletins per month. That way it actually becomes worthwhile for someone in the ticket office to dedicate some time to this activity.
  • Just got my two.  Will be my 60th English League ground.
  • Just got my two.  Will be my 60th English League ground.
    I’m sure the Cardiff fans will be pleased to know.
  • charltonnick
    charltonnick Posts: 3,168
    Just got my two.  Will be my 60th English League ground.
    It's in Wales  ;)
  • Athletico Charlton
    Athletico Charlton Posts: 15,277
    edited September 15
    Just got my two.  Will be my 60th English League ground.
    I’m sure the Cardiff fans will be pleased to know.

    I suspect they already know they play in the English League system.  Not all Wesh people are thick.

    My post is correct, it is my 60th stadium in the English leagues.

    I have done quite a few more stadiums in other leagues on top of those.
  • letthegoodtimesroll
    letthegoodtimesroll Posts: 11,726
    edited September 15
    Why they don’t give updates anymore I’ll never understand. It’s literally a 10 second update to a web page 🤷‍♂️
    No-one at the club has yet realised that there's a demand for this among the fan base i expect. Maybe we could release this information to subscribers? £5 per month for members/subscribers, or £2 per ticket office news bulletin but you can only have 2 bulletins per month. That way it actually becomes worthwhile for someone in the ticket office to dedicate some time to this activity.
    The ‘can’t be arsed’ apathy to buying tickets, going to games, that’s creeping in which is putting fans off going to the home matches has probably made its way to them and, on top of the unrealistic pricing policy, the lack of regular updates is possibly now also putting people off because they just assume/know that the attendances are declining, hence the radio silence approach that seems to have become de facto.

    TBF, we should have seen it coming. Has the number of season tickets even been announced ?


  • Looks like there will be 2.2k of us there then and in that corner spot of a wrap around stand that tends to channel/enhance sound. 😁
  • se9addick
    se9addick Posts: 33,431
    That’s excellent if we’ve actually sold over 2k for a 12:30 kick off in another country. 

    Looking forward to it, going up on Friday afternoon.
  • se9addick said:
    That’s excellent if we’ve actually sold over 2k for a 12:30 kick off in another country. 

    Looking forward to it, going up on Friday afternoon.
    Ours are in Area 122 so if all that’s left are some tickets in Areas 119 and 120 on the other side of the clubs allocation (of 2,231) then there no way the blocks in between would not have been put on sale.
  • LargeAddick
    LargeAddick Posts: 34,653
    Sorry but really can’t see us taking over 2k to Cardiff for a 12.30pm kick off. If we are then that’s a fantastic turn out.

  • Sponsored links:



  • Elthamaddick
    Elthamaddick Posts: 16,636
    can't believe we've sold 2k for this?, I stand to be corrected but surely there are unsold blocks??

    fair play if we have....I'd have said 1,200 tops before they went on sale
  • bolloxbolder
    bolloxbolder Posts: 8,461
    I bought mine straight away and it would not let me get seats in 122. I suspect that is still mainly unsold in spite of the above picture to the contrary?
  • can't believe we've sold 2k for this?, I stand to be corrected but surely there are unsold blocks??

    fair play if we have....I'd have said 1,200 tops before they went on sale
    Last away game for a month and the masses are desperate to get their fix of Jones ball in before the internationals.

    But yes i agree there must be unsold blocks.
  • I bought mine straight away and it would not let me get seats in 122. I suspect that is still mainly unsold in spite of the above picture to the contrary?
    Just checked again and we are in ‘Area 122‘
  • AS1987
    AS1987 Posts: 208
    edited September 15
    I bought mine straight away and it would not let me get seats in 122. I suspect that is still mainly unsold in spite of the above picture to the contrary?
    Block 122 was on sale right from the start and has sold out.

    Anything behind row Y on the left side block 119, as well as the right hand side of block 119, haven't gone on sale. That's around 400 seats.
  • AFKABartram
    AFKABartram Posts: 59,402
    AS1987 said:
    I bought mine straight away and it would not let me get seats in 122. I suspect that is still mainly unsold in spite of the above picture to the contrary?
    Block 122 was on sale right from the start and has sold out.

    Anything behind row Y on the left side block 119, as well as the right hand side of block 119, haven't gone on sale. That's around 400 seats.
    that’s what I was thinking. There will be a big gap section in the middle of our section! 
  • fenlandaddick
    fenlandaddick Posts: 2,351
    edited September 15
    Avaliable on the day? I'm in the area on Saturday
  • Avaliable on the day? I'm in the area on Saturday
    Available today, pick them up from the ground 
  • AFKABartram
    AFKABartram Posts: 59,402
    Just 25 advertised seats left 
  • Chippycafc
    Chippycafc Posts: 14,748
    Mametz said:
    Never been to Cardiff, any decent away pubs ? 
    There is an excellent real ale pub, “ The Cornwall “ in, appropriately, Cornwall Street. It’s about a ten to twelve minute walk from the ground. In addition to the decent beer, it serves good food. 

    Cheers a few of us are going down Friday so will give it a whirl. 

  • Sponsored links:



  • Chippycafc
    Chippycafc Posts: 14,748
    I bought mine straight away and it would not let me get seats in 122. I suspect that is still mainly unsold in spite of the above picture to the contrary?

    I bought end of August and am in block 122.
  • Mametz said:
    Never been to Cardiff, any decent away pubs ? 
    There is an excellent real ale pub, “ The Cornwall “ in, appropriately, Cornwall Street. It’s about a ten to twelve minute walk from the ground. In addition to the decent beer, it serves good food. 

    Cheers a few of us are going down Friday so will give it a whirl. 

    That would make it a 20 minutes walk from the city centre which is a MUCH better option given the volume of boozers.
    If you are ten minutes from the ground that would put you in Canton which is not fantastic.
  • Prince of Wales is a weatherspoons about a 10 minute walk to the ground.
    It's an old theatre and is fantastic inside.
  • Prince of Wales is a weatherspoons about a 10 minute walk to the ground.
    It's an old theatre and is fantastic inside.

    Not as fantastic as the prices :)
  • aki2798
    aki2798 Posts: 69
    Only one train an hour both ways, given a big proportion of the away tickets being sold, services will be busy. For those travelling out on the day what time train are you guys getting?
  • Looking forward to this one, another one ticked off for me.

    heading down on the 08:48 from Paddington 
  • Mametz
    Mametz Posts: 1,305
    edited September 15
    se9addick said:
    Mametz said:
    Never been to Cardiff, any decent away pubs ? 
    There is an excellent real ale pub, “ The Cornwall “ in, appropriately, Cornwall Street. It’s about a ten to twelve walk from the ground. In addition to the decent beer, it serves good food. 
    Appears to open at 12 so unless they open earlier for 12:30 kick offs it might not work for a pre-match pint 
    I appreciate that but given the early kick off time, I was thinking of the people who might want to let the post match crowd and travel dissipate before heading home.
  • cafcledbury
    cafcledbury Posts: 1,266
    10 of us from Gloucester coming down. 
  • Chippycafc
    Chippycafc Posts: 14,748
    Looking at the seat map, I see the away section is right next to the family stand.

    There will be some people shocked by the bad language and abusive chants, but that's Welsh children for you.

    Wow that's good,  some of our zeros will be given them large as the match progresses.