Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Keiron Dyer

Broke leg in two places, IMO most overrated 'top' player in the prem may never grace the prem again , another 8 mill gone for the hammers, was so pleased when they signed him as I knew he was a waste of money and would be injured at some point. Wouldnt have wished this on him though.

Not nice, hope he makes a full recovery, even if its next year in the CCC.

Comments

• Options
    Did Curbs break a mirror and get seven years' bad luck before he made these signings or something?
    I've never rated Dyer either, but wouldn't wish that on anyone.
  • Options
    i'm sure he's cryin allth way o hospital knowing he doesn't even have to bother training for the 60/70k he earns a week, he's a twat over rated and a real bastard of a person aswell, absolute cock
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: scruffle[/cite]a real bastard of a person aswell,

If the rumours of him burning 50 pound notes in front of a waiter in a restaurant are true, then it's just a shame he didn't break two legs. He can sit in hospital now and count his bloody money.
  • Options
    Will Dyer be the Hamsters Gary Poole?
  • Options
    and how the bloke got into the England squad v Germany, and got on the pitch, is beyond me.
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Did Curbs break a mirror and get seven years' bad luck before he made these signings or something?
    No, he just took our medical staff with him thank god! They have probably been using a special strenght ultrasound treatment on his leg. If I was Craig Bellamy, I would now be demanding a transfer.

Hope Dire recovers fully of course.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite][b]Did Curbs break a mirror and get seven years' bad luck[/b] before he made these signings or something?
    I've never rated Dyer either, but wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Curbs must have used up all his luck at the end of last season, as the Hammer Scammers used fair means and foul to keep a premiership place.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By:[/cite]
    [cite]

Curbs must have used up all his luck at the end of last season, as the Hammer Scammers used fair means and foul to keep a premiership place.

Absolutely, hope the b******s go down
  • Options
    Quite agree, Oggy and Jimmy. Nothing personal to Dyer, but sounds like there is some kind of divine retribution striking the cheats where the Premier League and FA didn't dare to go.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Did Curbs break a mirror and get seven years' bad luck before he made these signings or something?

If I was Craig Bellamy, I would now be demanding a transfer.

Doubt it, he's done his groin in as well.

Not a fan of Dyer at all, but can't bring myself to make snidey comments about someone who has just broke his leg in two places. Hope he makes a full recovery.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    yeah hear hear AFKA - get a grip lads.

I vcan't stand Dyer but he don't deserve this.

Mind you looks like poetic justice is being handed out to west ham
  • Options
    Has Curbs lost his marbles or do I need spectacles? I only saw the incident once but it seemed to me to be just a clumsy tangle of legs. Curb is blathering on in a time-honoured Prem-Manager whinge about the Rovers player being "disappointed" with his challenge.
  • Options
    yeah curbs is a pratt for that blaming the boy.

As for Dyer why are papers bemoaning Dyers loss for england are they having a laugh -
  • Options
    Curbs should apologise to the lad, it looked clumsy at worst certainly no nasty malicous tangle.
  • Options
    I wonder how much Dyer has been paid per minute of football played over the last two or three seasons.

Not his fault of course, but just goes to show what a shocking state of affairs the game is in when someone who has hardly set the world alight can regularly command a place in the England squad - when fit - and lives the life of a king.

Still, on a personal level I've never met the bloke so don't know what he's like - so my natural stance would be to wish him well for a full recovery.
  • Options
    The Bristol Lad was totally at fault for it. 9999 out of 10000 it would have been a trip and neither player injured but just this time Dyer was badly injured... it wasn't a malicous challenge ment to harm, if one of our players was injured in the same way we'd be a bit miffed about the whole thing.

Still at least now Dyer can get on with his first loves of shopping and clubbing without football getting in the way
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Watching it last night, really didn't seem like a bad tackle at all.
    But as this clip shows, was absolutely no way he was going to win the ball.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKJtjYjzlzk

Was it malicious? Debatable but I don't think you can blame curbishley for any comments given a £6m signing has been seriously injured in his 3rd appearence.
  • Options
    Am I the only one who wants Curbs to fail at West Ham?
  • Options
    well mortain if he didnt get injured this week it would of been next anyway, the guy has a terrible injury record!
  • Options
    I know mate, was only a matter of time really.
    But an impact injury like that is just one of those things, don't think you can blame his past injuries for that. Sods law i suppose.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    no dood you are right, it was unlucky! I dont like dire, but when i heard i did feel for him! i remember when that muscatt scumbag done poor matty holmes leg in a horrendous injury, it reminded me of that for some reason but without the intent!

I just dont like curbs anymore and i dont no why!!! i just cant put my finger in it.

Anyway good to have you back mortain!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]
    I just dont like curbs anymore and i dont no why!!! i just cant put my finger in it.

Its weird mate, was watching the game last night & saw stockport were 3-2 up flash along the bottom.
    Me & Chas cheered, and both agreed we want pardew to fail at charlton!!
  • Options
    i dont blame you mate, we are a threat to west ham after all!! ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]i dont blame you mate, we are a threat to west ham after all!! ;-)

I don't follow mate?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]yeah hear hear AFKA - get a grip lads.

I vcan't stand Dyer but he don't deserve this.

Mind you looks like poetic justice is being handed out to west ham

If the rumours are true - and that's an IF, then I disagree. He does deserve it.

Can't see how I'm being 'snidy' in saying this. Perhaps a dictionary would come in handy.
  • Options
    what's the rumours then ?

how you think anyone can be in the agony of a double break i really don't know. You've clearly never experience severe problems with your body if you wish that on an enemy, let alone a talented footballer. Its not his fault clubs have been stupid enough to pay him what he has earnt.
  • Options
    I said IF and I mean IF the rumour is true.

I'm referring to him burning fifty pound notes in front of a waiter in Newcastle. Of course it's not 'his fault' that clubs pay him the money. But he shouldn't use it to take the piss out of others.
    There are plenty of good people suffering in the world who deserve pity that I don't see why we should be concerned about him. So please don't get all ethical and all-knowing about experiences of suffering with me.
  • Options
    IF you're argument was backed with fact, then fine. But its not though is it.

How many rumours have there been about Sunday redtops about to blow the whistle on someone, and never materialising, to know never to believe IF's.

Kieren Dyer is a talented footballer who has reached just below the very top level of the game. If he has had fortunes lashed upon him from a young age, then if i was in that situation i couldn't of guaranteed i'd of always made the right choice without learnig from mistakes. There is a possibility he may never play again, or certainly never reach the level he was at. his life will probably be on a downer from this point, you either say GOOD, or you show a sympathetic side.

My natural instinct, having never met the bloke in person, known anyone who has met him in person, is to take the sympathetic side.
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    You're a right big softie, AFKA - taking the sympathetic side and crying at the national anthem ;-)!
  • Options
    edited August 2007